8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 1, 2023, 7:17am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I bet there’s a few disgruntled tabloid copy editors who are annoyed by Vernam being injured for Sunday. Otherwise they could have gone for:

VERNHAM HOGGS LIMELIGHT IN SLOUGH SPANKING
It was a Great (Grimsby) day at the office for winger as his hat-trick helped The Mariners sail into the FA Cup Second Round.

Stevenage sèx pest sought by police as another otter shows signs of being crushed by a fat man. Have you been affected by this story? Phone Dan Wootton / Martin Branning on 07438 169054 or just send pictures of yourself in your pants
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
Mariner8
November 1, 2023, 9:18am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: -86
Quoted from lukeo

We've not sold out of tickets, be interesting to know how many we have sold though.

When i rang the ticket office yesterday avo we had between 20-30 left
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
Stranger in the Park
November 1, 2023, 10:58am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +5 / -2
Approval: -188
Gold Stars: 7
What we need is strong leadership on the field, something that has been obviously lacking and in my opinion has shown in our results. Together with the defense not performing as expected, it seems to me that the omission of Waterfall from the side has had a big impact, both positional and as captain. I know there are those who would contest this saying he has slowed down yet there is little evidence of this as he has played so infrequently. There is no other obvious player in the side offering anything like the qualities needed. Also, I think that Green should be played in front of the defense to do the "ugly" work (break up the opposition play) and let our midfielders become more creative. Choosing players with known strengths for the positions played is also a big factor as some of the new signings have not shown the integration needed to strengthen the team but have operated as lone wolves and clearly are not as fit as they should be and have faded long before full time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
Mayaman
November 1, 2023, 11:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
I bet there’s a few disgruntled tabloid copy editors who are annoyed by Vernam being injured for Sunday. Otherwise they could have gone for:

VERNHAM HOGGS LIMELIGHT IN SLOUGH SPANKING
It was a Great (Grimsby) day at the office for winger as his hat-trick helped The Mariners sail into the FA Cup Second Round.

Stevenage sèx pest sought by police as another otter shows signs of being crushed by a fat man. Have you been affected by this story? Phone Dan Wootton / Martin Branning on 07438 169054 or just send pictures of yourself in your pants

Genuis.  Most modern journos wouldn't be bright enough for that headline.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
Mayaman
November 1, 2023, 11:47am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Wish I could go.  When I lived in High Wycombe , I did a day release in what was then Slough College which is now University of West London. The office certainly brought back memories.  My mate had a few games for Slough and I am sure Andrew Ridgely played for them at that time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
lukeo
November 1, 2023, 4:16pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 149
Now it's sold out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 1, 2023, 4:29pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Mayaman
My mate had a few games for Slough and I am sure Andrew Ridgely played for them at that time.

Sounds like a careless whisper to me
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
Lord Gadiform
November 1, 2023, 4:35pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +112
Gold Stars: 5
Does anyone know anything about Slough as a team? Are they the equivalent level to Sporting Bromsgrove from a few years back? Believe it’s a plastic pitch which might complicate things.

It's no fish ye're buying: It's men's lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
LocalLadGTFC
November 1, 2023, 4:39pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Lord Gadiform
Does anyone know anything about Slough as a team? Are they the equivalent level to Sporting Bromsgrove from a few years back? Believe it’s a plastic pitch which might complicate things.

National League South, sat 21st and winless in 5 in the league. Beat Ebsfleet in the replay to be here. Scored 21 and conceded 26 in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 70
cannylad65
November 2, 2023, 1:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 6
All supporters there,
Keep checking to see if there may be any GY manager contenders in the crowd.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Slough on Sunday

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.