Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Next Town manager ?

This thread currently has 325,195 views. Print
204 Pages Prev ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pontoonlew
November 22, 2023, 3:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,108
Gold Stars: 181
Luke Williams & Des Buckingham both went odds on for the Oxford & Lincoln jobs respectively a day or so before the manager was announced and neither ended up with the jobs. I’m still taking the bookies odds with a pinch of salt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1620 - 2034
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2023, 3:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,078
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from Heisenberg
I seem to remember a few years back Artell said in an interview that Crewe would beat town because they were the better team. It annoyed some on here but he was proven right as they beat us!

I remember that and quite easily if I recall, Looking at the article some of what he talks about makes real sense and I suspect it would resonate with 1878. Also I thought his comment about having to do everything at Crewe was interesting as whoever gets the job will walk into what is still a reasonable infrastructure considering our means.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1621 - 2034
FrazerGTFC
November 22, 2023, 4:41pm

Grimsby fan
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: -211
Gold Stars: 1
Would be on board for artell much better than some of the names mentioned (Morison, Rooney) although my first choice is Cowley, it’s highly doubtful he would come. Artell is probably one of the best options we can get let’s hope he’s announced after the Sutton game at the latest

Although whoever we appoint it will be a smart descion by Jason and Andrew as they are smart business men UTM

Never be positive about town
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1622 - 2034
diehardmariner
November 22, 2023, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,778
Gold Stars: 545
Quoted from ROKERITE

He's one of the least exciting but one of the soundest choices.

This is how I feel.

I think it would almost feel underwhelming if he was to be to the choice but it would also be hard to argue against it as anything other than a very good appointment.  Proven at this level (backed up with a promotion), played a style of football we probably all want to see and has a track record of giving youngsters a chance.  

There's a part of me that wants Shaun and Ben to get a bit longer as I've been quite excited by how they've approached games since taking over.  Yet I also recognise that in just over 5 weeks the transfer window opens and there's no hiding away from the fact that we will need a a bit of a shake-up in that month, equally so it's only fair any new managers get sufficient time to identify what that shake-up looks like.  
Private Message
Reply: 1623 - 2034
chaos33
November 22, 2023, 6:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +18,016
Gold Stars: 362
Reading around Artel, I have to say I’ve reached the conclusion that he is highly likely to be our next manager. Not scientific I know. Just a conclusion based on research and what we know about our owners.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1624 - 2034
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2023, 6:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from chaos33
Reading around Artel, I have to say I’ve reached the conclusion that he is highly likely to be our next manager. Not scientific I know. Just a conclusion based on research and what we know about our owners.

Pretty much how I see it.

The various articles and interviews available make him sound like a good fit for our owners and vice versa.
Private Message
Reply: 1625 - 2034
Simon
November 22, 2023, 6:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Re: the £100,000 investment. His failure to sell his house near Bath to fund the share purchase just resulted in Jason & Andrew having to spend £50,000 less each buying up shares when they bought the club.

The real truth is he’s a decent guy who tried his best under incredibly difficult circumstances and ultimately failed. He didn’t do it deliberately. And if you’re still bitter about it nearly 3 years later when we’re sat lower in the table than we were when he resigned then it’s generally a bit sad.

He was in charge of the football side of the club, Fenty takes 100% responsibility for the Alex May episode.

And remember he resigned. He didn’t wait around for the sack and a pay off. He walked away with nothing.

When you talk to him he's a really nice guy, we bumped into him earlier in the year at Horseshoe Point while out walking the dogs and we chatted all the way to Donna Nook and back. He regrets how things panned out and i do understand where he was coming from re working for Fenty and being loyal there and the frustration of working during covid.

The only bit i don't get is why he wouldn't at least have some sort of dialog with Jason & Andrew at the time, think the perfect storm brewed up and he took the easy way out

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1626 - 2034
grimsby pete
November 22, 2023, 6:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,842
Gold Stars: 222
After reading that bit about Artel  and nothing coming from Ireland I will be happy with him.

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1627 - 2034
LocalLadGTFC
November 22, 2023, 6:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,411
Gold Stars: 141
Quoted from Simon

When you talk to him he's a really nice guy, we bumped into him earlier in the year at Horseshoe Point while out walking the dogs and we chatted all the way to Donna Nook and back. He regrets how things panned out and i do understand where he was coming from re working for Fenty and being loyal there and the frustration of working during covid.

The only bit i don't get is why he wouldn't at least have some sort of dialog with Jason & Andrew at the time, think the perfect storm brewed up and he took the easy way out

He only regrets it because he was caught. He was a charlatan and they would of seen right through his act hence why he didn't want any form of contact.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1628 - 2034
The Dogs Testicles
November 22, 2023, 7:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Approval: -83
Gold Stars: 17
As time progresses and absolutely zero information coming out of BP, I’m starting to think we haven’t got anywhere with interviews and we’re heading further and further down that target list - I know I’ll get shot down for this but JS did say he would keep us informed with progress - zilch to date.

I’m convinced they’re going for the cheap option of SP & BD (massively hope I’m wrong) but this would be an enormous gamble (I know any manager would be but this stands out as a ludicrous choice). They are great blokes, should be kept at the Club without question but 100% NOT the right choice at this moment in time. Flirting with relegation to Non-League again is not something we can afford to do. I can’t honestly see them persuading many to come here in January either.

We need need blood, a shake up and can’t afford to take a gamble. If JS gives them the job, it makes a mockery of this whole due diligence/recruitment process that he’s suggested.

Please GTFC, don’t be short-sighted and take the cheap option - we need experience right now!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1629 - 2034
204 Pages Prev ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.