28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
Town Monkey
October 24, 2023, 10:24pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +379
Gold Stars: 6
We’ve been on a horrendous run, playing terrible football but we’ve had a few injuries and struggled to recruit up front after the first few signings. I feel really bleak about this season and it feels like the dark times of the last few years.

I’m prone to bouts of melancholy which the last few weeks have definitely exacerbated. I know I shouldn’t be affected by the travails of 11+ men I’ve never met kicking a sack of air around once or twice a week but I find I am. This is amplified by the the negativity on here which I understand as you all pay your increasingly hard earned money to watch.

I’m despondent about our results and performances this season. I hope we turn it round and I actually think under Hurst and with these players we will. I’ll be logging off until I’m a bit more resilient but I wish you all well irrespective of whether you agree with my unfounded views or not.

Up the Mariners, hopefully see you all on the other side of this. Take care everyone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 270 - 272
grimps
October 25, 2023, 5:18am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Teestogreen
Well - I’ve given the benefit of doubt for the mediocre start to this season for playing most of the teams in the top half so far.
But this game ! Town have been exposed as relegation material again

That's been the main problem with Grimsby Town and even its fans over the last ten or so years.
We seem to accept losing to the top ten sides as our manager has bigged them up so much and it's as if we should feel lucky to be playing against them.

We seem to have a culture of not wanting any success other than finishing a place above relegation.
I expected more this season especially at home where we've been bored to death despite turning up in record numbers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 271 - 272
October 25, 2023, 2:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from TAGG

There's always one.

Actually there are LOTS more than just one.

Reply: 272 - 272
28 Pages Prev ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Colchester

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.