October 21, 2023, 12:12pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from LH
Done well to get to a second page without someone telling us the wind and rain was worse in the 70s!

Hey dont forget the drought year of 76.
Going to school in the 70's when we had snow on the ground for 3 weeks not 3 days.
Happy Days .

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
The Caterham Mariner
October 21, 2023, 12:24pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I had it easier than you tha’ knows; by the time I was 23, I’d paid off me mortgage, got me’sen superannuated, got an NHS dentists for life, had numerous same day appointments wi’ a doctor - in person, and got a degree with no student debt and had full student grant of £1,500 a year which I spent on Grimsby away games and tetley bitter at 50p a pint.

Tell that to the youth of today and they wouldn’t believe you…

Yes and we had power cuts too Crikey turn the "WI-FI" and telly off in our house the worlds come to an end.

In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
The Caterham Mariner
October 21, 2023, 12:27pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Caveman
Used to play on Bradley and Barretts with the mud deeper than
our boots.

Oh and had just bought a new semi in Middlethorpe Road for £3,600.
Thought I'd never be able to pay off my mortgage.

A quid would give me a good night out in the
Happy Days !

Back in the day we only had a Wimpey  way before the "M-word" fast food chain came to town.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
Azimuth
October 21, 2023, 12:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Rick12

In reference to the video Pope Francis done he didn't specify any country's pal. Just remember watching it and it hitting me hard emotionally with the injustices of life. He's Argentinian and being out in the Hispanic world you see things in real life and  in the news which correlate eg Mexican migrants going days without food and surviving on water sitting on top of train wagons just trying to get into the USA for a better life .

Its very sad indeed, but no one seems to look beyond the surface and see some of the reasons for these issues, in many countries and continents corruption is endemic, no real democracies so people dont have a choice or chance to better themselves, and communism doesnt work among many other issues.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
October 21, 2023, 12:51pm
Guest User
Do we know if there is any danger of the match being called off this afternoon?
Reply: 34 - 38
Chrisblor
October 21, 2023, 1:01pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,864
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from 123614
Do we know if there is any danger of the match being called off this afternoon?

There's always a danger of a match being called off for any number of reasons (i.e we get 5 players sent off), but rain isn't one of them today.

Tweet 1715654454433792251 will appear here...

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
October 21, 2023, 1:05pm
Guest User
Excellent, thank you.
Reply: 36 - 38
golfer
October 21, 2023, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Azimuth

Its very sad indeed, but no one seems to look beyond the surface and see some of the reasons for these issues, in many countries and continents corruption is endemic, no real democracies so people dont have a choice or chance to better themselves, and communism doesnt work among many other issues.

oh we are so lucky that we don't have corruption in our politics and we can all rest assured that whatever party is in power they will strive to do things that benefit the people and not themselves or their families.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Rick12
October 23, 2023, 7:51am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from golfer

oh we are so lucky that we don't have corruption in our politics and we can all rest assured that whatever party is in power they will strive to do things that benefit the people and not themselves or their families.
Reading Ray Winstones (who I like as an actor )book at the moment "young Winston" and he touches on the above .  Talks about Vanessa Redgrave trying to get him to join the workers revolutionary party as a young lad. Weren't having it and told her to f*** off . He had nothing against her but as he stated "some of the people running her organisation weren't exactly whiter than white in how they conducted themselves".

As you say can't trust no political side completely. All have something negative in their lockers .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Weather in Stockport

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.