4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
October 20, 2023, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,437
Gold Stars: 116
I used to get tight every night and it didn't cost me a penny - I think that was why they called me a tight bstard
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 38
Rick12
October 20, 2023, 3:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

I had it easier than you tha’ knows; by the time I was 23, I’d paid off me mortgage, got me’sen superannuated, got an NHS dentists for life, had numerous same day appointments wi’ a doctor - in person, and got a degree with no student debt and had full student grant of £1,500 a year which I spent on Grimsby away games and tetley bitter at 50p a pint.

Tell that to the youth of today and they wouldn’t believe you…

Reminds me of a video I saw from Pope Francis. Most of the world's wealth is concentrated in only 20% of country's. Messed up human history full of greed  creates today's injustices. Many today around the world are still struggling just to feed their family's and survive.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 38
Limerick Mariner
October 20, 2023, 4:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from golfer
I used to get tight every night and it didn't cost me a penny - I think that was why they called me a tight bstard

That’s nowt; when I were a lad we had an actual bricks and mortar bank branch in our village, where you could chat up the cashier and pay all your wages in - in cash, and then still be a tight bstard in the village pub, which hadn’t been converted to air bnb flats…
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 38
Caveman
October 20, 2023, 4:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
Used to play on Bradley and Barretts with the mud deeper than
our boots.

Oh and had just bought a new semi in Middlethorpe Road for £3,600.
Thought I'd never be able to pay off my mortgage.

A quid would give me a good night out in the Lifeboat and Flamingo.

Happy Days !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 38
Limerick Mariner
October 20, 2023, 4:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,698
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Rick12
Reminds me of a video I saw from Pope Francis. Most of the world's wealth is concentrated in only 20% of country's. Messed up human history full of greed  creates today's injustices. Many today around the world are still struggling just to feed their family's and survive.

In setting this thread careering off topic, it was a converse of the 4 Yorkshireman Python sketch - heard it on R4 the other day. But actually, of course, it’s all feckin true if you scale back some of the exaggeration, unaffordable housing, no council housing, shite public services, wealth held mostly by the retired and on top of that we’ve just fecked the planet as well.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 38
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 20, 2023, 7:29pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,837
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from DB

You must have drunk in some expensive bars, 50p per pint. I recall paying 10 1/2 old pence ( about 4 P today ) and everybody was in uproar when it went up by 1d.

I bet there were no complaints about an extra 38 dd behind the bar!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 38
Azimuth
October 20, 2023, 7:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Rick12

Are the top 20% capitalist economies by any chance?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 38
Rick12
October 20, 2023, 7:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Azimuth

Are the top 20% capitalist economies by any chance?

In reference to the video Pope Francis done he didn't specify any country's pal. Just remember watching it and it hitting me hard emotionally with the injustices of life. He's Argentinian and being out in the Hispanic world you see things in real life and  in the news which correlate eg Mexican migrants going days without food and surviving on water sitting on top of train wagons just trying to get into the USA for a better life .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 38
FishySmithy
October 20, 2023, 7:51pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
What’s the odds on PH and few other players being stuck in Sheffield due to the heavy flooding
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 38
AdamHaddock
October 21, 2023, 3:55am

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +36 / -5
Approval: +2,839
Gold Stars: 26
At least we can save Waterfall's suspension for a more winnable game

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Weather in Stockport

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.