6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
October 16, 2023, 11:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
TAGG
October 16, 2023, 11:26am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,949
Gold Stars: 126
Would have him here tomorrow.
I can only hope.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 54
MuddyWaters
October 16, 2023, 11:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,264
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TAGG
I can only hope.

I’d prefer him here later today 😎💯
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 54
AncientExiledMariner
October 16, 2023, 11:29am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.51
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
So MK Dons, a former league 1 club with higher budget, 2 points above us in the league, and some are so desperate to change, they'll take that...

Bargain bin time it looks like.

Some don't want us to succeed. They just don't want Hurst.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 54
GollyGTFC
October 16, 2023, 12:27pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,978
Gold Stars: 356
All these ambitious clubs above us sacking their managers!!!
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 54
Davec
October 16, 2023, 12:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
That is now 3 clubs all above us in the league sacking their manager because they want better, and what do we do? Keep it because some fans are happy just to stay up every season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 54
supertown
October 16, 2023, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Davec
That is now 3 clubs all above us in the league sacking their manager because they want better, and what do we do? Keep it because some fans are happy just to stay up every season

It’s not the fans choice whether a manager gets sacked , that’s utter rubbish you are spouting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 54
arryarryarry
October 16, 2023, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
So MK Dons, a former league 1 club with higher budget, 2 points above us in the league, and some are so desperate to change, they'll take that...

So what bin was Hurst in after being sacked by Scunthorpe?
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 54
AncientExiledMariner
October 16, 2023, 2:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

So what bin was Hurst in after being sacked by Scunthorpe?

"Scunthorpe chairman Peter Swann said Hurst was sacked because of non-footballing reasons and that the relationship between himself and Hurst had simply broken down.[41]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 54
arryarryarry
October 16, 2023, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker

"Scunthorpe chairman Peter Swann said Hurst was sacked because of non-footballing reasons and that the relationship between himself and Hurst had simply broken down.[41]"

So what he was still sacked from Scunthorpe as well as being sacked by Ipswich.

Do you know why every other manager has been sacked?
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 54
AncientExiledMariner
October 16, 2023, 2:45pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

So what he was still sacked from Scunthorpe as well as being sacked by Ipswich.

Do you know why every other manager has been sacked?

No, but when the owner (the one who does the sacking) publicly comes out and states it, you've kind of got to accept that is why. I understand you want reasons to bash on Hurst, and I'm sure there are many. I'm afraid this one isn't a good example.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
GollyGTFC
October 16, 2023, 2:50pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from supertown

It’s not the fans choice whether a manager gets sacked , that’s utter rubbish you are spouting

You say that, but let’s see how long Hurst lasts if the few chants from Saturday become more widespread and it really turns toxic. Maybe at Doncaster with over 3,000 Town fans there.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 54
diehardmariner
October 16, 2023, 2:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Think we'll take 3,000?

I think it'll need a good performance on Saturday, even if the result isn't a win, with a very good performance and win against Colchester to get a 'usual' following to Doncaster.  Closer and quicker to get to than a home game for me and I've not bothered with a ticket yet.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 54
arryarryarry
October 16, 2023, 3:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker

No, but when the owner (the one who does the sacking) publicly comes out and states it, you've kind of got to accept that is why. I understand you want reasons to bash on Hurst, and I'm sure there are many. I'm afraid this one isn't a good example.

So you are close to the ex Scunny chairman or do you just believe what every chairman says.

And where am I bashing Hurst? Just pointing out he has been sacked twice.

You're the one with the agenda here, I bet if Hurst took us down again you would still say he did a good job.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
1mickylyons
October 16, 2023, 3:42pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56

Ahem he also said don't compare him to Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
GrimPol
October 16, 2023, 3:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -675
Gold Stars: 69

Are there any Managers who have not been sacked in League 1,2 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
AncientExiledMariner
October 16, 2023, 4:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

So you are close to the ex Scunny chairman or do you just believe what every chairman says.

And where am I bashing Hurst? Just pointing out he has been sacked twice.

You're the one with the agenda here, I bet if Hurst took us down again you would still say he did a good job.

No, I just assumed you'd be able to click a link, find a reference and read. I guess I was mistaken. Here, let me help:

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....-swann-hurst-3797430

Swann said that Hurst was not sacked for football reasons but that there was a breakdown in the relationship between the two but he was unable to elaborate on the reasons why.

“The situation is the relationship has broken down,” Hurst told Radio Humberside.

“It is not a footballing thing, it is not about how we played or how he coaches.

“We have a path we have to take at the football club and one of those paths was to get players out in the summer and what happened was we ended up with five extra.

“The budget coming into Christmas was substantially more than we started the season with.

“A big part of what we needed to do was move people on and get the budget down. That hasn’t happened and we are carrying extra players and financially that isn’t ideal.

“That isn’t the only reason, there are other reasons but breakdown is down to many things that haven’t happened.”

“We are carrying League One wages and our wages are the second biggest in League Two and we cannot sustain that,” Hurst continued.

“I need the fans to trust me. It is not an ideal situation but it is really important the club get on the straight and narrow and get themselves financially stable.

“It is frustrating but I have to make these decisions. I’ve made it and it is what it is.

“It was the best decision for the football club. We have a plan and a budget and I can’t do any more than put a manager in charge to do the job I request.

----

You're as wrong as me as you are about other stuff, and I'm assuming walking you through certain things step by step or paint by numbers won't help you see any better.

(I really don't like to play this way, but you went for the ad hominem.)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 4:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,493
Gold Stars: 171

Avsolute BS statement they reeled out...the fans hated the way that played, guess what, they didn't like his negative tactics, the players also weren't happy with his "my way or the highway attutude", and that's come from a player who now plays charity football with my son btw.
He underperformed at Ipswich and he underperformed at Scunthorpe.
Yep, he did wonders at the Shrews but don't be blinded by that, they choked at the end of the season and had a pretty poor run to boot.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
arryarryarry
October 16, 2023, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker

No, I just assumed you'd be able to click a link, find a reference and read. I guess I was mistaken. Here, let me help:

https://www.grimsbytelegraph.c.....-swann-hurst-3797430

Swann said that Hurst was not sacked for football reasons but that there was a breakdown in the relationship between the two but he was unable to elaborate on the reasons why.

“The situation is the relationship has broken down,” Hurst told Radio Humberside.

“It is not a footballing thing, it is not about how we played or how he coaches.

“We have a path we have to take at the football club and one of those paths was to get players out in the summer and what happened was we ended up with five extra.

“The budget coming into Christmas was substantially more than we started the season with.

“A big part of what we needed to do was move people on and get the budget down. That hasn’t happened and we are carrying extra players and financially that isn’t ideal.

“That isn’t the only reason, there are other reasons but breakdown is down to many things that haven’t happened.”

“We are carrying League One wages and our wages are the second biggest in League Two and we cannot sustain that,” Hurst continued.

“I need the fans to trust me. It is not an ideal situation but it is really important the club get on the straight and narrow and get themselves financially stable.

“It is frustrating but I have to make these decisions. I’ve made it and it is what it is.

“It was the best decision for the football club. We have a plan and a budget and I can’t do any more than put a manager in charge to do the job I request.

----

You're as wrong as me as you are about other stuff, and I'm assuming walking you through certain things step by step or paint by numbers won't help you see any better.

(I really don't like to play this way, but you went for the ad hominem.)

I haven't a friggin idea what you are on about but again, do you believe everything a chairman says considering he is hated by Scunny fans for what he hàs done to their club.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
headingly_mariner
October 16, 2023, 5:56pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,379
Gold Stars: 119
Some times the right move is to hold your nerve and stick with the process. Hurst's teams have often been streaky, a bad run followed by a good run.

It was excrement Saturday and has been a few times this season. But we've also played well quite a few times and not got what we deserved.

I think he's earned more credit than the patience he's getting.

If he stays I expect us to get much better as the season goes on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
It Bites
October 16, 2023, 5:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,223
Gold Stars: 265
I’d rather stick with PH if Alexander is our choice
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 54
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 16, 2023, 6:08pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Avsolute BS statement they reeled out...the fans hated the way that played, guess what, they didn't like his negative tactics, the players also weren't happy with his "my way or the highway attutude", and that's come from a player who now plays charity football with my son btw.

Just to check, is this the same source who told you that S&P were going to ‘pull the plug’ on Hurst last season?

I’m not involved with Town, other than being a fan, but I do speak to a lot of owners, agents, current and ex-footballers and others in the industry. I have never heard anything negative about Hurst.

Obviously, that doesn’t mean to say that we have not been great this season and we can’t continue defending like this or we will be in danger of relegation.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 54
Northbank Mariner
October 16, 2023, 6:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,493
Gold Stars: 171

Just to check, is this the same source who told you that S&P were going to ‘pull the plug’ on Hurst last season?

I’m not involved with Town, other than being a fan, but I do speak to a lot of owners, agents, current and ex-footballers and others in the industry. I have never heard anything negative about Hurst.

Obviously, that doesn’t mean to say that we have not been great this season and we can’t continue defending like this or we will be in danger of relegation.

I've said it came a player who now plays charity football, he was in the Scunny squad under Hurst and another I do know personally, also said that if your face didn't fit you had no chance with him.
And as for the source re JS, that came from Debbie Cooks mouth, happy now??..
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 54
October 16, 2023, 6:46pm
Brandy Drinker

I've said it came a player who now plays charity football, he was in the Scunny squad under Hurst and another I do know personally, also said that if your face didn't fit you had no chance with him.

I am - thanks

Keep my wife’s mouth out of your fookin mouth 😊
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 54
ginnywings
October 16, 2023, 7:05pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548

Isn't that the very definition of being a manager?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 54
grimsby pete
October 16, 2023, 7:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,801
Gold Stars: 222
There are plenty of players whos face does not fit.

Maguire at Man Utd is a good example.

Not in the team because he not good enough but because his face does not fit with the Dutch manager but still gets picked for England.

He is not too bothered because of the silly money he gets every week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 54
aldi_01
October 16, 2023, 7:59pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Imagine wanting to sack your own manager for one that has literally just been sacked, and sacked by a made up bunch of girl privates at that…flipping mind blowing.

This place really is a cesspit at times…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 16, 2023, 11:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from grimsby pete
There are plenty of players whos face does not fit.

Maguire at Man Utd is a good example.

Not in the team because he not good enough but because his face does not fit with the Dutch manager but still gets picked for England.

He is not too bothered because of the silly money he gets every week.

Phil jones for me is the prime example. Was at Man Utd for 10 years (give or take) and must’ve been on in the region of £250k per month. Now, that’s not bad is it!

Edit : 😳😳😳😳😳

https://www.thesportsman.com/a.....-man-utd-will-regret

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 54
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 7:26am

Barley Wine Drinker
Saying a footballers managers job is under threat following a bad spell and claiming it as some insider knowledge is like claiming you figured night follows day before anyone else…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 54
GrimPol
October 17, 2023, 9:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01
Imagine wanting to sack your own manager for one that has literally just been sacked, and sacked by a made up bunch of girl privates at that…flipping mind blowing.

This place really is a cesspit at times…

I've asked this question before, but no answers.
Are there any managers in League 1, 2 that haven't been sacked in their career?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 54
buckstown
October 17, 2023, 9:47am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,181
Gold Stars: 79
Understand the odds aren't an accurate guide, but Mike Williamson the Gateshead manager is 1-3 for next franchise manager.
His reputation seems to be growing strongly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
October 17, 2023, 9:49am
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

I've asked this question before, but no answers.
Are there any managers in League 1, 2 that haven't been sacked in their career?

Plenty I would imagine.

Mousinho and Evatt for starters.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Poojah
October 17, 2023, 10:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503

Plenty I would imagine.

Mark Bonner. Paul Warne. Mark Kennedy. Matt Bloomfield. Pete Wild. Scott Lindsey. Simon Weaver. Neil Wood.

It’s quite a good number tbf, even when you exclude those who’ve only been in managerial roles for 10 minutes.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
LocalLadGTFC
October 17, 2023, 1:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Mike Williamson taking the job, they'll be a team to fear when he gets there stamp on them. One of the most promising managers around.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 33 - 54
aldi_01
October 17, 2023, 4:32pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Mike Williamson taking the job, they'll be a team to fear when he gets there stamp on them. One of the most promising managers around.

Not a reflection on him necessarily but I hope it’s a fuckinh disaster and the whole thing blows up…

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
moosey_club
October 17, 2023, 6:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from aldi_01
Saying a footballers managers job is under threat following a bad spell and claiming it as some insider knowledge is like claiming you figured night follows day before anyone else…

Pfffffttttt.......you clown ....day follows night 🙄

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 17, 2023, 7:13pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

In the words of Zoe:

I wanna see the sunshine after the rain

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
October 18, 2023, 4:36am
Guest User
Reply: 37 - 54
paramariner
October 18, 2023, 6:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +197
Gold Stars: 8
Lincoln have sacked manager and assistant
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
Poojah
October 18, 2023, 7:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from paramariner
Lincoln have sacked manager and assistant

Hadn’t realised Danny Butterfield was the assistant there. Gone too.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
1mickylyons
October 18, 2023, 7:07pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from Poojah

Hadn’t realised Danny Butterfield was the assistant there. Gone too.

Imagine getting the boot for being midtable in League 1.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 54
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 7:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Started well had a  4 match wobble and the bullet is delivered.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 54
GollyGTFC
October 18, 2023, 7:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
To be fair to Lincoln 15 points from 11 and 16th is a poor return for an ambitious L1 club.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 42 - 54
ancientmariner54
October 18, 2023, 7:20pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -186
Gold Stars: 13
Quoted from TAGG
I can only hope.

Why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 54
SpiritOf98
October 18, 2023, 7:23pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from 1mickylyons

They only brought in a new loanee, Jack Vale yesterday. Odd move to make with a sacking looming, unless somethings gone off very suddenly.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 54
Abdul19
October 18, 2023, 7:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,566
Gold Stars: 216
He signed on deadline day, but was injured.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 54
diehardmariner
October 18, 2023, 7:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Lot of discontent with Kennedy last few weeks. Talk of losing the dressing room, player fall-outs.... Even splits amongst the fan base.

Familiar, eh?

Spoke to a couple of Imps fans tonight and they were frothing at the mouth for the Cowley's to come back.

As a sidenote, there's a DN35 interview with Danny Butterfield a few years back. He comes across superbly and mentioned that he applied for the job in 2019 when Holloway got it. Can't be certain without re-listening, but sure he said something along the lines that Fenty didn't even give him the time of day and from the outside looking in, it was clear Holloway was a disaster in waiting.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 54
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 18, 2023, 7:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,280
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Poojah

Mark Bonner. Paul Warne. Mark Kennedy. Matt Bloomfield. Pete Wild. Scott Lindsey. Simon Weaver. Neil Wood.

It’s quite a good number tbf, even when you exclude those who’ve only been in managerial roles for 10 minutes.

Not. Aged. Well.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 54
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 18, 2023, 8:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ancientmariner54

Why?

Apart from the scunts rivalry, I wouldn’t exactly be disappointed if he was chosen to follow on from PH (if/when he leaves the club), mainly because the bar has been set so low previously

He got manager of the month for august this season where neil Harris, sacked a couple of weeks ago, was nominated also. And, his stats aren’t actually that bad.

Liam Richardson or David artell would probably be names linked too (IF hurst goes)

Attachment: img_5918_9654.png
Size: 66.08 KB

Rose is on fire

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 54
pontoonlew
October 18, 2023, 9:55pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,042
Gold Stars: 177
You have to imagine we’d have had a good chance at tempting Williamson here had we had a vacancy…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 54
It Bites
October 19, 2023, 7:57pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,223
Gold Stars: 265
I see Gatesheads young and hungry boss is headed to mK
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 54
GrimPol
October 19, 2023, 8:36pm
Fine Wine Drinker

Plenty I would imagine.

Good shot, but Mousinho just started his first managerial job in 2023, and Evatt was caretaker (incidentally taking over from Jack Lester at Chesterfield) but wasn't made permanent as they went down. Ist that a "sacking"?   Bolton did approach him whilst at Barrow so yes I suppose you are technically "right" but your bending the rules a bit.
Talking about Jack Lester, if a vacancy occurred at GTFC, why not him? At least he could teach young Rose how to dive properly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 54
GrimPol
October 19, 2023, 8:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

Did the chicken follow the egg at the same time?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 54
GrimPol
October 19, 2023, 8:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Most 1 team managers on the start, your not playing to the "rules"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 54
Poojah
October 19, 2023, 10:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GrimPol

Most 1 team managers on the start, your not playing to the "rules"  

Nope, “most” of them have had at least two jobs in senior men’s football. Warne. Kennedy. Bloomfield. Wild. Lindsey.

You can add John Brady and Neil Collins to your list if you like.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 54
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Franchise FC sack Graham Alexander

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.