5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 11, 2023, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
This year we have a bigger budget better resources than ever and more been put into the science side of the game...

BUT we look a poorer team with an argument that we have a couple of stronger individuals.  It's been a good few months for the team to show what they can do and honestly I'm not too impressed,  we definitely don't looks as good as last year as a team on the pitch despite the playing budget being increased quite a bit.

Paul Hurst is a good manager and has been for us , I'd like to think every town fan respects him but we are definitely not showing too much on a match day.  I'm not to the stage of Hurst going as he's earned the right at our club to be given time and respect for what he's done for us but things need to pick up imo.

Something is not quite right atm and whether it's the quality he's bought in isn't quite what he thought it was I'm not sure but he has some searching to do in the dressing room.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
October 11, 2023, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from jonnyboy82
This year we have a bigger budget better resources than ever and more been put into the science side of the game...

BUT we look a poorer team with an argument that we have a couple of stronger individuals.  It's been a good few months for the team to show what they can do and honestly I'm not too impressed,  we definitely don't looks as good as last year as a team on the pitch despite the playing budget being increased quite a bit.

Paul Hurst is a good manager and has been for us , I'd like to think every town fan respects him but we are definitely not showing too much on a match day.  I'm not to the stage of Hurst going as he's earned the right at our club to be given time and respect for what he's done for us but things need to pick up imo.

Something is not quite right atm and whether it's the quality he's bought in isn't quite what he thought it was I'm not sure but he has some searching to do in the dressing room.

The manager seems to agree with you going by the post match interview.  To be honest it has been obvious for several weeks but for their own reasons some on here wanted to shout down anybody saying what they could see with their own eyes.

At least now we can all agree something is not right, the players we signed are not performing so now the attention turns to what we are going to do about it.

It is Hurst and the coaching teams job to do something about it, and they have got two and a half months to work with these players till the next window to see if they can mould them into a cohesive and hopefully an attacking and entertaining unit.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 40
BraStrap
October 11, 2023, 9:19am
Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 1
We have a large squad but nobody who regularly scores. So if we don't have a rock solid defence it's pretty obvious we'll struggle to challenge.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 40
Maringer
October 11, 2023, 9:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,562
Gold Stars: 185
Rose: 4 goals in 10 league appearances
Eisa: 5 goals in 11 league appearances

That's pretty regular.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 40
mimma
October 11, 2023, 11:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Our three new strikers have all been hampered by injuries and we haven't been able to play them together. If we could keep them all fit and playing regularly then we might have the goal threat we've all been craving
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 40
Limerick Mariner
October 11, 2023, 12:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from BraStrap
We have a large squad but nobody who regularly scores. So if we don't have a rock solid defence it's pretty obvious we'll struggle to challenge.

We don’t have a large squad. With no loans permitted outside the window, this is the main issue for me. We’ve suffered a combination of injuries, loss of form and older players perhaps not quite as good or able to last the pace. We don’t have the quality to bring and our younger prospects, Bramwell and Gardner, aren’t quite ready (otherwise presumably they would be picked for league games on the bench).

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 40
ska face
October 11, 2023, 12:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
Wonder if anything’ll happen with the lad Murphy at Newcastle as rumoured in the summer? 4 games for their u21s this season, not been in the squad for their EFL Trophy games & nowhere near the first team squad from what I can see.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 40
golfer
October 11, 2023, 12:36pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Maringer
Rose: 4 goals in 10 league appearances
Eisa: 5 goals in 11 league appearances

That's pretty regular.

Regular but not impressive. We need somebody who is impressive. How many on here are impressed. I am depressed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 40
golfer
October 11, 2023, 12:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,445
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from mimma
Our three new strikers have all been hampered by injuries and we haven't been able to play them together. If we could keep them all fit and playing regularly then we might have the goal threat we've all been craving

How many times have we played 2 strikers together nevermind 3 ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 40
Maringer
October 11, 2023, 12:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,562
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from golfer

How many times have we played 2 strikers together nevermind 3 ?

Almost as many times as we've had 3 fit strikers available. (Yes, I agree that only having 3 strikers on the books at the moment is a problem)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 40
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Bigger budget

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.