White_shorts
September 25, 2023, 8:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
I know there is some unrest with Paul Hurst.
There is no reason to demand promotion. We are a small club that has had some horrendous seasons.

I'm not demanding promotion this year, I'm demanding we don't drop out of the Football League again.

Minimum three wins next month, otherwise I fear we are sleepwalking to relegation.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
VinnyGTFC
September 25, 2023, 8:18pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +125
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from White_shorts

I'm not demanding promotion this year, I'm demanding we don't drop out of the Football League again.

Minimum three wins next month, otherwise I fear we are sleepwalking to relegation.

I had someone on Twitter last season full of angst because he had 'set his mind on promotion '. I agree but we won't go down with this side.
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 28
Mappers
September 26, 2023, 6:46am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,342
Gold Stars: 119
Hurst teams never implode , and when there is any unrest he invariably pulls a result out of the bag - I would be very suprised if we got dragged into any sort of relegation battle .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
1mickylyons
September 26, 2023, 7:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Again something to bear in mind Hurst is one of two Manager's to take us out the football league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
davmariner
September 26, 2023, 7:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,935
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Again something to bear in mind Hurst is one of two Manager's to take us out the football league

He’s also taken us back into the Football League. Twice.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
1mickylyons
September 26, 2023, 7:52am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,387
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from davmariner

He’s also taken us back into the Football League. Twice.

Unique in doing that .Does this mean he's a good non league manager who can't progress at the higher EFL level?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
MuddyWaters
September 26, 2023, 8:01am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,265
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Unique in doing that .Does this mean he's a good non league manager who can't progress at the higher EFL level?

I think he's got a ceiling in terms of his abilities which are defence related which also means his team are a pretty dull watch. That said, football is a results business.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Mappers
September 26, 2023, 8:53am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,342
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

I disagree to some point we are a small club which has punched.above our weight but we are a small club with a budget that can compete but also we are in an uncompetitive part of the country which will always hold us back

I can't agree we 'have punched above our weight' at least in  in the last 20 years ;  league 2 or the NL - for me to get to league 1 and sustain would be 'punching above our weight ' with the current state of the lower league's .

If league 1 was filled out with high end clubs I could accept it  but when you have Burton , Cambridge , Cheltenham and up until recently Morecambe + Accrington and many more besides holding their own in league 1 I think in the short to medium term it's not too much of an ask for likewise .

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
bedders78
September 26, 2023, 11:10am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Mappers

I can't agree we 'have punched above our weight' at least in  in the last 20 years ;  league 2 or the NL - for me to get to league 1 and sustain would be 'punching above our weight ' with the current state of the lower league's .

If league 1 was filled out with high end clubs I could accept it  but when you have Burton , Cambridge , Cheltenham and up until recently Morecambe + Accrington and many more besides holding their own in league 1 I think in the short to medium term it's not too much of an ask for likewise .

As an aside, Cheltenham are played 11, lost 10 so far this season.  Top scorer is James Gibbons, a Bristol Rovers defender who scored an own goal.

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
ginnywings
September 26, 2023, 12:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from bedders78

As an aside, Cheltenham are played 11, lost 10 so far this season.  Top scorer is James Gibbons, a Bristol Rovers defender who scored an own goal.

On the flip side, Stevenage (spit) are doing remarkably well, and won again on Saturday, away from home 3-0.

Boils my p1ss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Something to bear in mind

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.