Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Swindon (a)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Swindon (a)

This thread currently has 6,949 views. Print
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
September 23, 2023, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Yes fair point - but also adding to the point about the climate for football in this country - it is utterly ludicrous that people can stand at the biggest of European games for about fifteen quid but not at Blundell Park.

Yeah, I saw that and wondered why Town cannot have standing if they can have standing in the elite European competitions, Uefa laws for one club and different for others. It should be the same for all clubs regardless of the European Leagues they play in.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 74
Limerick Mariner
September 23, 2023, 2:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from DB

Yeah, I saw that and wondered why Town cannot have standing if they can have standing in the elite European competitions, Uefa laws for one club and different for others. It should be the same for all clubs regardless of the European Leagues they play in.

It’s nothing to do with UEFA. It is because we triggered the domestic all seater requirement because of no.of years at Tier 2 and the legislation doesn’t permit going back to terrace standing in any part of the ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 74
DB
September 23, 2023, 2:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 388

It’s nothing to do with UEFA. It is because we triggered the domestic all seater requirement because of no.of years at Tier 2 and the legislation doesn’t permit going back to terrace standing in any part of the ground.

That being the case it's about time something was sorted out relevant to the League a club is playing in. The type of terraces shown seem to be far better than the old type of terracing we had in the past. I also saw several pints of lager being drunk while watching the game from the terraces.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 74
lukeo
September 28, 2023, 6:49am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
Not seen much about the game from the club and with trains being cancelled I can't see alot going sadly although I do have a +5 potentially rising to 14. I'm also still waiting for my tickets to arrive, I bought them at the weekend.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 74
Ash brown
September 28, 2023, 8:30am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: +22
It's £25 including the booking fee to sit in the upper, is £2 more that big of a deal? Away days are an expensive job but the few quid difference in ticket prices are not the biggest barrier to most of us it's the over priced trains, buses or fuel to get there, food, drink etc that make it over £100 day out for most which with current cost of living makes it prohibitive to most people supporting a family.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 74
Chrisblor
September 28, 2023, 3:37pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,870
Gold Stars: 237
Tweet 1707402415937315263 will appear here...

Ainley out for months, not a great start to his time at town. Maher's still out for this weekend too and Conteh's suspended for five bookings, but Danny Rose should be back in the squad.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 74
Limerick Mariner
September 28, 2023, 6:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
Expect Waterfall in for Michee. Key decision on who steps in for Conteh?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 74
forza ivano
September 28, 2023, 7:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
i'm putting some money on a Swindon win
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 74
Poojah
September 28, 2023, 9:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,606
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from forza ivano
i'm putting some money on a Swindon win

Indeed, Maher and Conteh out and up against the division’s top scorers (24 in 8 games ffs) AND the division’s top scorer (9 in 8 ffs) on the back of two defeats punctuated by two poor defensive performances isn’t really the scenario you’d want under the circumstances. Oh, and against the team that handed us our biggest league defeat of last season too, if you want to add that into the mix.

The only thing I’ve got is that “football’s a funny old game”,  and sometimes the blindingly obvious outcome doesn’t materialise, but based on nothing more than cold, hard logic, I’m not expecting this one to end well.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 74
ska face
September 28, 2023, 10:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,664
Gold Stars: 847
Expect Waterfall in for Michee. Key decision on who steps in for Conteh?

Would like something like this -

Expecting something like this -

Note - Rogers and Rodgers are the same person
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 74
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Swindon (a)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.