14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
September 9, 2023, 2:38pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Conteh outstanding again and rest of the world watching this time. Enjoy while we can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 133
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 9, 2023, 2:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,689
Gold Stars: 79
Usual over reaction when we concede a goal, immediately certain players are useless and Hurst should have done things differently. I probably would have liked to see a couple of changes and don’t disagree that Holohan and Eisa were the likely players to get taken off but their goal is a good strike from their only shot on target.

I was critical of us not bringing in another forward option in the window but seeing how comfortable we can be in possession, a la the first half, gives me increased hope that we are on the right tracks and with a couple of additions in January could be a very good side in this league.

If someone had said before the game Bradford would be restricted to one shot on target we would have snatched their hand off. Not much to be critical of today so hoping we can get that away win at Wrexham next week.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 133
Geordie Mariner 66
September 9, 2023, 2:41pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +43
Gold Stars: 2
I’m sure most of you on here have a different perception about competitive football and watch a different match to me.
Bossed the first half and scored a very good goal. Bradford are one of the fancied teams and playoff losers from last season, they have a very experienced manager who made changes to try to make the second half more competitive. They then scored a decent goal. A draw is probably a fair result but if either team could have shaded it it was us.

We are away from home and have picked up a very good point.

Are we better than last year - undoubtedly.
Are we improving as new players gel and fit into the formation - On the evidence of the last 2 games, I’d say so.
So we are improving and playing some really good football. That’s the brief isn’t it?

I am disappointed with fellow fans and their Hurst shite/this player is shite etc.
If you want to see football perfection the best option would be to buy a sky blue shirt and cross over to Citeh.

I’m delighted with the governance of the club and the upward trajectory we are on both off and on the pitch. That’s only my view of course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 133
immariner
September 9, 2023, 2:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Bradford Eisa'd us there. They've made intercourse all really, we defended well and the goal is a 1 in 10 chance. We deserved the win and sadly the Grim Reaper sheaths his scythe and Hughes lives to see another day
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 133
arryarryarry
September 9, 2023, 2:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Well we have no other forwards fit and Hurst clearly doesn't trust Hunt or Glennon (possibly injured) in games like this so what other changes can he make?

I mentioned the two midfielders were poor in the second half and we have just recently signed two so why not bring at least one on and Glennon is better than Efete.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 133
mimma
September 9, 2023, 2:44pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I see the usual drivel has started on here. We go one up, they change it at half time and push us back. They score with their only shot on target, but we sat back and threw it away.
They came out and pushed us back after half time, but never looked like scoring, other than us gifting them one. We eventually calmed down and weathered the storm, but one quality strike rescued them a point. Can't complain.
We should have had a penalty near the end, Clifton was caught and went down but the ref didn't give it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 133
TAGG
September 9, 2023, 2:46pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,971
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Nice to see Hurst excrement himself again after going 1-0 up. It’s just so frustrating being a town fan, literally just parked 10 men behind the ball 2nd half.

FFS

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 133
MuddyWaters
September 9, 2023, 2:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,249
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from mimma
I see the usual drivel has started on here. We go one up, they change it at half time and push us back. They score with their only shot on target, but we sat back and threw it away.
They came out and pushed us back after half time, but never looked like scoring, other than us gifting them one. We eventually calmed down and weathered the storm, but one quality strike rescued them a point. Can't complain.
We should have had a penalty near the end, Clifton was caught and went down but the ref didn't give it.

Good point or 9 points lost from winning positions. All about opinions isn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 133
MarinerMal
September 9, 2023, 2:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +782
Gold Stars: 17
First time seeing us this season and I was impressed.

It was nice to see Town dominate the ball in the first half without resorting to a long ball. The goal was fully deserved and we were certainly the better team.

In the second half Bradford had to make changes. Apart from the first 5-10mins of the second half I don't think Bradford looked that threatening. We were 1-0 up away from home against one of the favourites, so naturally we tried to protect the lead more. We had good opportunities on the break in the second half  but didn't make the most of the positions we found ourselves in.

We lost to what I think was the first shot on goal for Bradford. It's football, that happens. I think over the 90 minutes we were the better side but a point away to Bradford is not a bad point.

It is early days and Hurst is clearly still shaping this side but I thought that display was very promising.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 133
AndyGTFC
September 9, 2023, 2:50pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +23 / -2
Approval: +804
Gold Stars: 5
I do think people forget there are two teams in a game sometimes. Bradford were always going to be in the front foot in the second half in front of their own fans after how bad they were in the first.

It’s a frustrating habit we have but they didn’t even look like scoring. Our achilles heel is not scoring enough when we’re ok top.

It’s another result you take before the game though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 133
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Bradford

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.