14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Maringer
September 9, 2023, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,514
Gold Stars: 185
I don't doubt that, had Wilson been available, we'd probably have seen him come on for the last 15 minutes or so of the past couple of games.

Pyke doesn't look like the sort of a player who can play as a lone striker so we're pretty limited at present. Rose puts in a huge shift every game and looks as fit as a fiddle at present, but he won't be able to keep it up indefinitely.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 133
TAGG
September 9, 2023, 3:34pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from GtfcGarner

What’s to knock about it? Bradford come out with impetuous 2nd half like any half decent team would and we literally just parked 10 men behind the ball. If we do win 1-0 it looks like a great decision from Hurst, but we didn’t and lost another 2 points from a winning position. Great guy and got us up but would prefer not to lose than rather go for a win, the most frustrating thing knowing what we have got at our disposal.

FFS

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 133
Vance Warner
September 9, 2023, 4:17pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Alan Buckley

Just to post negativity? In a football world where everything is stat based we have now dropped 9 points from winning positions. How many times are you happy for that to happen before you realise what is stirring everybody else in the face? Typical hurst tactics cost us another 2 points.

Not sure what game you were watching. Tactically we completely dominant in the first half. Does Hurst not get any credit for that? Second half we kept our attacking players on the pitch and threatened on the counter without creating any clear cut chances against some strong and experienced defenders. In the past Hurst has been criticised for bringing on an extra defender or holding midfielder so he really can’t win with some people. Bradford aren’t a poor side but we made them look like one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 133
arryarryarry
September 9, 2023, 4:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

Not sure what game you were watching. Tactically we completely dominant in the first half. Does Hurst not get any credit for that? Second half we kept our attacking players on the pitch and threatened on the counter without creating any clear cut chances against some strong and experienced defenders. In the past Hurst has been criticised for bringing on an extra defender or holding midfielder so he really can’t win with some people. Bradford aren’t a poor side but we made them look like one.

Read the Bradford forum, many on there think they are crap and many want Hughes gone.

Yes we did dominate the first half but some of that was because Hughes got his tactics wrong and changed it at half time and until the last few minutes we never looked like scoring another and much of that was down to some of our players especially midfield looking copulated.

God knows how Hurst failed to see that.
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 133
MrsMariner
September 9, 2023, 4:46pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +446
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Good point or 9 points lost from winning positions. All about opinions isn’t it?

Agree
At least we are getting in to winning positions which I think is an improvement on last season
A little patience and I'm sure in time we will turn more of those winning positions in to actual wins
UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 133
AncientExiledMariner
September 9, 2023, 5:51pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
We still have yet to see Khan who was very useful in an attacking sense last season. Wilson looked dangerous in pre-season. The sad truth is the guys that can change the match are not fit yet and we're having to manage with what we have. We have 3 wingers/forwards out. We have 2 new players in, 1 likely had no pre-season and another Hurst hasn't fully looked at and has barely trained with the team. We have Hunt who I don't think Hurst fully trusts, so throwing him on could create more problems that it solves. No point having fresh legs on if they don't do the right things.

He could have easily thrown me on for the last 20 mins as I was fresh, and it'd be like we were down to 10 men. They might have scored 3. Hurst always has a decision to make. Will bringing x on give me more than what I have on the pitch and the answer isn't always yes. He brought Efete on likely due to Amos being on a yellow, and Pyke on in an attacking sense, but it's not quite working for him yet and I think Hurst and Doig need more time with him.

We had a solid start because of Hurst, Bradford adapted and unfortunately, there are 2 teams playing this game, and they're hardly going to roll over.

Let's not forget, we seem to have about 7 new signings in our starting 11. It takes time to fully gel.

Is it frustrating we conceded? Yes. Is panicking and calling for the heads of our manager who's just shy of play-offs after a brutal start to the league? Hell no. It seems some folk are from the Watford school of football management.

Do you think Hurst is completely happy with every part? He will be wanting to improve things as well. He's got to decide whether he needs to work with who is in the starting 11, or whether another squad player can improve on that. Learning and improving as footballers isn't a 2 minute job. He cannot just Chelsea it, and as we've seen, that works brilliantly...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 133
September 9, 2023, 8:04pm
Guest User
Quoted from Alan Buckley

Well that tells me you’re absolutely clueless when it comes to football.

Haha, funny how people think they know you, when they don't have a clue.  You have no idea about my football background, so I suggest you keep your insults to yourself.

Reply: 116 - 133
Vance Warner
September 9, 2023, 8:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from arryarryarry

Read the Bradford forum, many on there think they are crap and many want Hughes gone.

Yes we did dominate the first half but some of that was because Hughes got his tactics wrong and changed it at half time and until the last few minutes we never looked like scoring another and much of that was down to some of our players especially midfield looking copulated.

God knows how Hurst failed to see that.

What makes you think he failed to see that? If substitutions were guaranteed to succeed why doesn’t every team make 5 per game? I’ll form my own opinion rather than listening to Bradford fans on a forum thanks. We all know football forums can be full of irrational negativity.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 133
arryarryarry
September 9, 2023, 10:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Vance Warner

What makes you think he failed to see that? If substitutions were guaranteed to succeed why doesn’t every team make 5 per game? I’ll form my own opinion rather than listening to Bradford fans on a forum thanks. We all know football forums can be full of irrational negativity.

Well if he did see that then great decision to leave on two players who were clearly not in the game, Holohan hardly touched the ball in the second half and Clifton was having a poor game as well and if he isn't going to alter the team when we were clearly struggling to get back in the game what's the point in even bothering with subs.

Private Message
Reply: 118 - 133
Norseman
September 9, 2023, 11:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Nobody has actually mentioned how weakened the Bradford side were and it was a great opportunity to get 3 pts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 133
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Bradford

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.