5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
September 9, 2023, 6:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Probably best to ignore the tedious drivel he posts I’m starting to think, as it sort of just means you get dragged down to his miserable, negative level.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 40
September 9, 2023, 7:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from Chrisblor
Seems he lost his way a bit at Crewe after initially coming through their youth team with a lot of potential before his performances dropped off in recent seasons leading to his release. Hoping Hurst can work his magic with this one and pull off another Jon Nolan-esque career turnaround for Ainley.

edit: regarding Khouri, he's not even made the bench today so I think we need to be looking to get him out on a short-term loan to a conference side. He's got a lot of potential and at the end of last season he really impressed me, so it'd be a shame if he spends the next couple of months barely getting any competitive minutes.

I think the fact that we have 14 Midfielders in the First Team squad could have something to do with him being down the pecking order.

Reply: 21 - 40
denni266
September 9, 2023, 8:40pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from tarka

Wellcome? Oppinion? My God, you must be getting stuck into the Kleenex! I didn't realise that being a troll gave you so much pleasure! Bless x

Having an opinion is not being a troll. I am not here to lick behind.Or make friends.  And say things as i see them and i am sure you do the same
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 40
lukeo
September 9, 2023, 10:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
3 surgeries, 2 on hamstring, 1 on the shoulder but still made well over 250 appearances between those.
To me a year deal is worth the risk here, hope he can get fully fit and stay injury free. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 40
golfer
September 9, 2023, 10:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,441
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from chaos33
Probably best to ignore the tedious drivel he posts I’m starting to think, as it sort of just means you get dragged down to his miserable, negative level.

Very poor English.  Go to the bottom of the class.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 40
MuddyWaters
September 9, 2023, 10:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,255
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from denni266
Anything is an upgrade on Hunt,, Just hasnt worked out for him here. Think he will be gone in jan window . Welcome Callum

I wish you would shut up. Hunt is probably the most gifted footballer on our books. He clearly isn’t confident and he clearly isn’t trusted at present but he was given a three year deal because the manager rates him. If it doesn’t work out then so be it but the very least you should do is support him.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 40
Hagrid
September 9, 2023, 11:00pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I wish you would shut up. Hunt is probably the most gifted footballer on our books. He clearly isn’t confident and he clearly isn’t trusted at present but he was given a three year deal because the manager rates him. If it doesn’t work out then so be it but the very least you should do is support him.

Just dont bite mate.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 40
Mappers
September 10, 2023, 7:12am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Sounds like he's a bit of a Nolan type player (including the injuries )hopefully Hurst can get a tune out of him because he sounds like the type of midfield player we needed .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 40
September 10, 2023, 10:41am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Disagree.  He is nowhere near Conteh for a start.  He is inconsistent with his passing and definitely not the best tackler in the squad.  And with 14 midfielders in the squad he has to improve dramatically to tie down a first eleven place.
Reply: 28 - 40
Lost in Lincoln
September 11, 2023, 10:24am
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +385
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Good experience and match fit, so ready to go. Does this put Hunt further down the pecking order?

Seems to me like a player that just fancied a new challenge and change of scenery.

Unlikely, as he's a winger/no 10.

I think Conte sealed Hunt's fate tbh.  That, and the fact he just hasn't really performed.

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Callum Ainley

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.