This thread currently has 4,818 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
FishySmithy
September 2, 2023, 11:14am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Question is there any alternative coaches running to Wrexham away, the supporters coach is fully booked which is strange as they have only just gone on sale, do they get guaranteed tickets ahead of everyone else?
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
September 2, 2023, 11:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Think they prioritise their regulars and stop when the coach is full. Their prerogative I suppose & that committee have been running the service non-stop, every match for years.

Said for a while though I think the official offer from the club needs looking at if that’s going to be the case. They seem happy to let profiteers step in though, or leave it to fans to sort themselves out.

Reckon you’d fill a lot more coaches doing it online rather than having to ring or text some bloke you don’t know!
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
FishySmithy
September 2, 2023, 1:00pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
100% agree think the club could run a ticket & coach offer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
lukeo
September 2, 2023, 2:18pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
I'm surprised they don't. Do any other clubs do it? Surely a good way to make a couple extra quid. I guess in the grand scheme of things it is literally just a few quid profit without over charging the fans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
toontown
September 2, 2023, 2:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from ska face
Think they prioritise their regulars and stop when the coach is full. Their prerogative I suppose & that committee have been running the service non-stop, every match for years.

Said for a while though I think the official offer from the club needs looking at if that’s going to be the case. They seem happy to let profiteers step in though, or leave it to fans to sort themselves out.

Reckon you’d fill a lot more coaches doing it online rather than having to ring or text some bloke you don’t know!

What do you mean about the official offer ska? Or isn't there one, is that what you mean?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
ska face
September 2, 2023, 3:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Yeah that’s about the long & short of it.

Not sure when the last time they ran more than 2 coaches anywhere was. Only way you can get booked on is direct messaging the Club SLO twitter account or looking for a mobile number to text or call on the website.

Whole club is supposedly being professionalised from top to bottom but this seems a bit out of date.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
aldi_01
September 2, 2023, 8:19pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I don’t have an issue with regulars filling up the ‘supporters club’ buses but I think it’s a stretch to call it a supporters club. In their defence, I don’t think they do as such but outsiders probably see it that way.

I suspect we’ve all done at least one away day on the buses whether Terry or Bernard running them and the folk are, on the whole decent folk but I could see why people see at as a bit of a closed shop.

I think it’s about time the club offered some sort of coach travel and ticket package, possibly on a relatively modern bus with a toilet etc. I imagine families would possibly explore this or dad and lad type combos.

Not everyone wants to drive or faff with trains. It’s definitely something I’d be holing the club are looking into, I appreciate it’s not a priority but it should be something offered.

To be fair, GTFC doesn’t have a supporters club, I know the trust kind of acts like that but one would assume there’s a market and product there the club could look at developing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
barralad
September 2, 2023, 9:33pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from FishySmithy
Question is there any alternative coaches running to Wrexham away, the supporters coach is fully booked which is strange as they have only just gone on sale, do they get guaranteed tickets ahead of everyone else?

As a semi-regular traveller on "the bus" I think it's a fair call to say that Terry, Janice and Moira prioritise their regulars. This however is out of necessity. The regulars provide the numbers which ensure that a coach can be run to each and every away game. For every Wrexham where the bus is over-subscribed there is a night match at the likes of Crawley where the regulars are the "only" travellers on the bus. I know for a fact that there have been people who have booked to travel and have not only not turned up but haven't told the organisers making it impossible to re-sell the seats.
There were a few games last season where there were two buses but neither were completely full.
The sad fact is that travelling in such a way is not for everyone. There is no scope for independence. You can be stuck for an hour in some god-forsaken service station on the way home from a 5-0 defeat at Swindon because the law says that the driver has to rest for that length of time.
The correct name is The GTFC Supporters Travel Club. They have never claimed to be an Official Supporters Club. They have no link to either the club or The Mariners Trust.
I can say that every single member is required to sort out their own ticketing arrangements and none of it happens before the tickets actually go on sale.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
lukeo
September 3, 2023, 8:22am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Oh the good old days of the 'battle bus'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 3, 2023, 9:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Went quite a few times with Bernard and can’t fault for one minute the service that he, and now Terry provided.

Mainly it was times when the lads I used to go with couldn’t go as they would’ve been night matches, and they would’ve been working. Weekend games we’d get someone to drive, that way, we could have a few beers on the way and get to the ground when we wanted. And, am guessing with the tight restrictions imposed on travelling on a coach to games (no alcohol, time restraints etc) am guessing it puts a fair few people off. Admittedly, am seeing this through a younger supporters eyes.

There’s loads of times I’ve seen people on social media organising minibuses to go to games and am sure that if there was enough people together, then it wouldn’t be that hard to sort out.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Away

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.