4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
September 3, 2023, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
Luke Armstrong transfer to Wrexham fell through.  The paperwork not submitted in time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Grantham_Mariner
September 3, 2023, 2:28pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Luke Armstrong transfer to Wrexham fell through.  The paperwork not submitted in time.

So what happens now?
Is he still a Harrogate Player or a Wrexham player who can not play for them until the January window opens?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
chaos33
September 3, 2023, 2:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
He’s an unhappy Harrogate player. Unselected, and bood by his own fans.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Limerick Mariner
September 3, 2023, 3:00pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,704
Gold Stars: 136
He pays Harrogate to release him from his contract and he signs for Wrexham as a free agent the next day with a big signing on fee? Probably some rules to prevent that sort of carry on - I assume a player has to be a free agent when the window closes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
LocalLadGTFC
September 3, 2023, 3:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
He pays Harrogate to release him from his contract and he signs for Wrexham as a free agent the next day with a big signing on fee? Probably some rules to prevent that sort of carry on - I assume a player has to be a free agent when the window closes?

that's correct
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 33
FishySmithy
September 3, 2023, 9:56pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +36
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from barralad

As a semi-regular traveller on "the bus" I think it's a fair call to say that Terry, Janice and Moira prioritise their regulars. This however is out of necessity. The regulars provide the numbers which ensure that a coach can be run to each and every away game. For every Wrexham where the bus is over-subscribed there is a night match at the likes of Crawley where the regulars are the "only" travellers on the bus. I know for a fact that there have been people who have booked to travel and have not only not turned up but haven't told the organisers making it impossible to re-sell the seats.
There were a few games last season where there were two buses but neither were completely full.
The sad fact is that travelling in such a way is not for everyone. There is no scope for independence. You can be stuck for an hour in some god-forsaken service station on the way home from a 5-0 defeat at Swindon because the law says that the driver has to rest for that length of time.
The correct name is The GTFC Supporters Travel Club. They have never claimed to be an Official Supporters Club. They have no link to either the club or The Mariners Trust.
I can say that every single member is required to sort out their own ticketing arrangements and none of it happens before the tickets actually go on sale.

Understand that but it gives little or no opportunity for others to use and seen as that’s the only coach it is frustrating at times and it’s fully booked even before people get the tickets.

Like proposed it would be good if the club could run one that is available to all not just a select few (for reasons I understand) and done as an option when buying a ticket.

Just out of curiosity I wander how many people that pre book on the coach fail to get a ticket when they have been high in demand and low allocation, I foolishly did suspect (rumour mill) the regulars was guaranteed no matter what an away ticket head of everyone else.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
aldi_01
September 4, 2023, 7:08am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from FishySmithy

Understand that but it gives little or no opportunity for others to use and seen as that’s the only coach it is frustrating at times and it’s fully booked even before people get the tickets.

Like proposed it would be good if the club could run one that is available to all not just a select few (for reasons I understand) and done as an option when buying a ticket.

Just out of curiosity I wander how many people that pre book on the coach fail to get a ticket when they have been high in demand and low allocation, I foolishly did suspect (rumour mill) the regulars was guaranteed no matter what an away ticket head of everyone else.  

I think you answered your own question…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
barralad
September 4, 2023, 4:34pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from FishySmithy

I didnt get a ticket for Harrogate last season. I gave up the seat I'd booked on the bus. Someone who did get a ticket took it. I don't wish to be controversial but it is that simple.
There are not enough "regulars" to fill a 53 seater bus and not every regular can do every game.
It is a massive job for Terry and co to ensure that seat occupation is maximised for every game. Perhaps that alone is why the club steer clear of it.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
ska face
September 4, 2023, 4:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
That’s where the club could add some value. They’ve got a marketing dept & massive reach across the town & beyond, as well as an Ops manager, big team of staff and capacity to take bookings online, in person or over the phone.

On top that, they’ve got the ability to absorb a few hundred quid in losses if they can only get 30 people on a second 50-seater, something that the committee now probably doesn’t.

Just think it’s a service that could help plenty of people get to games, particularly younger fans, those without access to cars and people who can’t afford (or don’t fancy the carry-on with) trains.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
jamesgtfc
September 4, 2023, 5:44pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,970
Gold Stars: 190
On the flip side, is it worth the clubs hassle? People won't pay over the odds for a coach so the margin they have to play with will be small. The fans contract is then with the club, so they get the headache when a coach doesn't turn up, breaks down, arrives late and everything else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Away

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.