Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Vernam (Merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Vernam (Merged)

This thread currently has 4,025 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2023, 5:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,258
Gold Stars: 236
Jeez! Whether or not he’s been brilliant or crap, he’s just been sidelined for half a season. Why can’t we just wish him well and hope he comes back as soon as possible and as fit as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 33
toontown
September 1, 2023, 5:11pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Hopefully he recovers as quickly and as fully as possible, and we see him firing on all cylinders when he's back. But you have to say that for the short term it's hardly a big loss based on how he's been playing I.e. hes not being very noticeable on the pitch. Gnaouhah can come straight in and play the role of being anonymous quite easily!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 33
moosey_club
September 1, 2023, 5:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Wish him well...he has plenty of time to recover from it.

Could be a blessing in disguise however.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 33
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2023, 6:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club
Wish him well...he has plenty of time to recover from it.

Could be a blessing in disguise however.

In what way? He’s our player for the next three years.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 33
ginnywings
September 1, 2023, 7:35pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,145
Gold Stars: 548
It's a real shame, as he never really got up to speed from his previous injury before this new one, which is serious by the sound of it. I seem to recall him having a few injury niggles last time he was with us, but when he got a run in the side, he showed his potential.

For the club to chase him and give him a 3 year deal, they must be confident in his ability, and I think he will be an asset when he gets back fit and firing.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 33
fishboyUTM
September 1, 2023, 7:37pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Gutted for CV, a top player who hasn't had any luck at all with injuries and this sounds bad one. Wishing him a speedy (as possible) and full recovery.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 33
Roast Em Bobby
September 1, 2023, 7:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
"Top Player" is going a bit far, he's probably only played well in about 8 games for us (when he came back from his loan at Chorley). He was rubbish before then and has been rubbish since he came back. I can't believe we gave him a 3 year deal.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 33
Teestogreen
September 1, 2023, 7:56pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
It looks like Charles is the McAtee from last season.
Injury set back for Town both seasons.
Suppose the difference is that McAtee has made money for the club - Vernam looks to have lost some ( from where I’m sitting)..
Hope Wilson can recover from his pre - season at Grimsby Borough and Cleethorpes Town (always an injury risk) - think he may buck our season.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 33
moosey_club
September 1, 2023, 10:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from MuddyWaters

In what way? He’s our player for the next three years.

In the way that we won't feel obliged to include him just because  we have given him a 3 Yr contract.
Will happily slap my heart on my sleeve on this one....
In his previous spell I thought he was hard done by...then I thought he was overrated...then I thought he had a purple patch but helped by having some decent people around him...

He left...3 clubs since (?) ..has he seen a contract out between them ? We sign him on a 3 yr deal....I think I have seen most of his appearances so far....is it no goals...any assists ?  

Thought it was a really odd signing , not a Hurst player was my first thought.

This isn't a CV slagging as much as it may seem like one...I just don't think despite his obvious basic talent that he is either a. A Hurst player  or b. consistent enough with it

He has skills, attributes, talent but I just don't think him and Hurst are a marriage made in heaven.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 33
MuddyWaters
September 1, 2023, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from moosey_club

In the way that we won't feel obliged to include him just because  we have given him a 3 Yr contract.
Will happily slap my heart on my sleeve on this one....
In his previous spell I thought he was hard done by...then I thought he was overrated...then I thought he had a purple patch but helped by having some decent people around him...

He left...3 clubs since (?) ..has he seen a contract out between them ? We sign him on a 3 yr deal....I think I have seen most of his appearances so far....is it no goals...any assists ?  

Thought it was a really odd signing , not a Hurst player was my first thought.

This isn't a CV slagging as much as it may seem like one...I just don't think despite his obvious basic talent that he is either a. A Hurst player  or b. consistent enough with it

He has skills, attributes, talent but I just don't think him and Hurst are a marriage made in heaven.

I agree with most of that. I find it very strange that we signed a long deal with a player who had such a recent operation.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Vernam (Merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.