Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Vernam (Merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Vernam (Merged)

This thread currently has 4,026 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
male private Nale
September 1, 2023, 3:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
This will go down as one of Hurst’s worst decisions in giving him a 3 year gold plated contract. It seemed we had to have him at all costs . Consistently underwhelms bar a few games under holloway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
HerveJosse
September 1, 2023, 3:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
He hasn’t been playing with a grade 4 tear
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
aldi_01
September 1, 2023, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from male private Nale
This will go down as one of Hurst’s worst decisions in giving him a 3 year gold plated contract. It seemed we had to have him at all costs . Consistently underwhelms bar a few games under holloway.

I’m not gonna say it’s one of Hursts worst decisions but I’d tend to agree. Even under Holloway he wasn’t consistently great and in truth, he stood out in his time here previously because we were a bit excrement..,

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
diehardmariner
September 1, 2023, 4:04pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from HerveJosse

Not a chance!  A 4C tear is a full tear of both the muscle and the tendon.  That'll have felt like someone's shot him.  You're not even walking properly with that.

If this is the case 'a few months' is incredibly hopeful to say the least.  Recovery timeline is always subjective to the varying factors and the individual as well.  Sadly once the tendon is impacted there's a significantly higher chance of reoccurrence, which makes it absolutely essential you get that rehab done correctly and at an appropriate pace.  

Feel for the lad, I really do.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
Maringer
September 1, 2023, 4:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,554
Gold Stars: 185
Surely, with two threads merged, the correct title should be Vernams?

He's been disappointing since his return but, if he's been playing with a thigh injury, it would perhaps explain why he's been so much out of sorts.

Back when I played, I battled on with a minor thigh injury which really didn't hurt too badly but slowed me down a bit but then a long-standing knee problem began to hurt more. Physio confirmed that the damaged thigh muscle had destabilised the knee and, after a month or two of exercises, both of the injuries sorted themselves out.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
diehardmariner
September 1, 2023, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Yep, very much the prevention rather than the cure concept.  Good physios get to the root cause and diagnosis the problem rather than the symptoms.  

Hammy's are often linked with knee problems but unfortunately the body is wonderful at masking problems.  
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
male private Nale
September 1, 2023, 4:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from HerveJosse

Like hell he has , you obviously don’t know what a grade 4 tear is.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
HerveJosse
September 1, 2023, 4:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from male private Nale

Like hell he has , you obviously don’t know what a grade 4 tear is.

I said he hasn’t been playing with a grade 4 tier.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
diehardmariner
September 1, 2023, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from aldi_01

I’m not gonna say it’s one of Hursts worst decisions but I’d tend to agree. Even under Holloway he wasn’t consistently great and in truth, he stood out in his time here previously because we were a bit excrement..,

His best spell came when we were playing some of the best stuff we've played for a long time.  It's not a high bar but his purple patch, if you want to call it that, was December '19 to March '20.  He'd struggled under Jolley, got farmed out to Chorley on loan and found a bit of confidence.  Limbrick brought him back into the fold and he got better, bit by by bit.  Holloway charmed him and filled him with belief, which ultimately is what got him the option to move on.

He then went up a level and did ok.  Didn't tear up trees but did ok in a struggling side, six month spell before moving back to League Two with Bradford.  18 months there and you only need to look at the reaction of their fans on social media when he left to see what they thought of him.  10 goals and 6 assists from 54 games.  A goal contribution every 3.5 games. or 213 minutes if we're going on time he spent on the pitch....I'll take that from a winger.

Didn't really cut it at Lincoln, in and out the side for a whole season.  But it's a level above.

Really can't get my head round this rhetoric that he's a flash in the pan, only did it for a little bit etc.  He's more often than not, most certainly at this level, proved he's a very good player and a threat.  
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
louth_in_the_south
September 1, 2023, 5:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 96
He’s one of the classic nearly men . Could’ve had a career higher up the pyramid with a bit more luck with injuries and being in the right club at the right time. Still got time to do well for us . There’s a really good player in there .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Vernam (Merged)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.