Southwark Mariner
September 1, 2023, 11:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from diehardmariner

Ban actually ends in April.  Could get him on a non-contract deal until then, just to monitor his fitness (of course he can't train with the side as part of his ban) and then get him in for the final games of the season.

His birthday tomorrow! Someone should remind him only a few months left of his ban

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 56
jamesgtfc
September 1, 2023, 11:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190

Ban actually ends in April.  Could get him on a non-contract deal until then, just to monitor his fitness (of course he can't train with the side as part of his ban) and then get him in for the final games of the season.

It's either this or the 'shall we try Efete up front' shouts which I reckon we've got about 3 weeks before they're aired.

I don't believe he's allowed to use any clubs training facilities. When Boston players got banned for a few months, Jay Rollins was injured and wasn't even allowed to use the club physio for his rehab!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 56
Northbank Mariner
September 1, 2023, 12:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,472
Gold Stars: 171
Last striker to come through the ranks and go on to have a decent career would have to be Gary Lund surely?..and surprisingly his brother was actually a better player who turned down Leicester and Arsenal because he "enjoyed a beer, women and night clubs" and didn't want the commitment of being a full time pro...ended up semi pro and a qualified bricklayer in Germany.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 56
Southwark Mariner
September 1, 2023, 1:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Last striker to come through the ranks and go on to have a decent career would have to be Gary Lund surely?..and surprisingly his brother was actually a better player who turned down Leicester and Arsenal because he "enjoyed a beer, women and night clubs" and didn't want the commitment of being a full time pro...ended up semi pro and a qualified bricklayer in Germany.

I'm adding unqualified bricklayer to my CV
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 56
diehardmariner
September 1, 2023, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I don't believe he's allowed to use any clubs training facilities. When Boston players got banned for a few months, Jay Rollins was injured and wasn't even allowed to use the club physio for his rehab!

Whilst that does appear harsh, I think it has to be that way as a punishment otherwise it just gets watered down a bit.

Private Message
Reply: 54 - 56
jamesgtfc
September 1, 2023, 1:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,966
Gold Stars: 190

Whilst that does appear harsh, I think it has to be that way as a punishment otherwise it just gets watered down a bit.

Absolutely. As it turned out for Rollins, it was a serious injury sustained in the pre-season friendly against us; so his ban and recovery ended at a similar time.

I believe he actually used the Boston physio for his rehab privately so there are means and ways around it, especially at that level where those staff are often part-time and supplementing their income with other work.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 56
diehardmariner
September 1, 2023, 2:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Super Jack Lester has just spat his tea out...

Probably at the Pontoon after getting dogs abuse from them.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Striker

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.