Rick12
August 8, 2023, 6:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from arryarryarry

It cannot make up for having poor quality players or poor management.
Yes thats true but I feel even with poor quality players sports science can help them improve albeit there's a cap on how far you can go. Reminds me of players Ive seen in the past who are coming through at league 2 clubs .The desire is all there but they will never make it much higher.

As for poor management fair point as thats down to  impaired human judgement . Similarly have heard of players preferring one style of management over another "robust management such as a  good bollocking " if their standards slip for instance in training and in matches   which gets the best out of them and helps maintain levels .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 24
arryarryarry
August 8, 2023, 8:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Rick12
Yes thats true but I feel even with poor quality players sports science can help them improve albeit there's a cap on how far you can go. Reminds me of players Ive seen in the past who are coming through at league 2 clubs .The desire is all there but they will never make it much higher.

As for poor management fair point as thats down to  impaired human judgement . Similarly have heard of players preferring one style of management over another "robust management such as a  good bollocking " if their standards slip for instance in training and in matches   which gets the best out of them and helps maintain levels .

But there's not that much of an advantage these days as all clubs employ analysts.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 24
diehardmariner
August 8, 2023, 8:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
The advantage is you're, effectively, not playing catch up.  Pretty much as we were for 15 odd years. It never failed to amaze me in the first Conference spell when Dog & Duck sides would rock up with loads of backroom staff and kit coming out their ears. We had Dave Moore with a bucket and sponge. That we got out in 2016 is actually a miracle because we were set up like it was 1986.

There will always be a new advantage, someone will come up with the next incremental gain in the strive to improve and outdo.

Nutrition, hydration, rest, recovery, data...they've all come into the game as part of the competitive nature.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 24
nightrider
August 8, 2023, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Lottery funding was the main reason for the cycling success . You can go alot faster when you havent had to do a days work. Mind you, the Russians were fast and this was down to epo  

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 24
bawarmy
August 8, 2023, 9:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
He’s got his work cut out tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Lead Performance Analyst - Mason Cook

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.