5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Davec
August 7, 2023, 10:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 42
I do agree that the PA does need upgrading but i also agree that it won't actively stop people from evacuating, likewise a top notch PA system won't help those elderly or infirm and can not move as fast.

If the stand is burning down surely nobody will look at all the people evacuating and decide to stay put as they can't hear the PA, especially as they will see flames and smell smoke
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 47
jamesgtfc
August 7, 2023, 10:30am
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
I was at Bramall Lane for the Women's Euros semi-final last summer. A packed stadium and 10 minutes before kick off, the fire alarm in the second tier corner above me started going off. Everybody just turned to one another and said "is that the fire alarm?" The crystal clear PA system advised people in that block to evacuate and nobody did, until stewards started evacuating them.

Two minutes later the fans were let back in and England hammered Sweden.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 47
diehardmariner
August 7, 2023, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
What was the deal with those temp speakers that were brought in a few years back?  They seemed a significant improvement but the complaint was that they were too loud in certain areas I think.  Maybe we couldn't find the volume button...

I'm sure that was under the previous regime so I can't imagine they were expensive!  

Someone shouting would be an improvement on the current set-up.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 47
diehardmariner
August 7, 2023, 10:47am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

Yeah, I’m on the 2nd to back row. The posts were always a bit of a pain, but you could shift your head to the other side of the post previously and not really miss anything. Now there are big areas of the pitch you just cannot see. Appreciate that they needed to make a temporary repair, but those backing boards are massive and could have been cut to the same angle as the struts attached to at least maximise viewing. Seems utterly thoughtless leaving them as they are.

Yeah that's my gripe with them, not so much the fact they're put in place to support the roof but that they look to have just gone up with no real consideration for the impact on viewing they have.    Would have taken, what, 2 minutes to cut them to size?
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 47
jamesgtfc
August 7, 2023, 12:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from diehardmariner

Yeah that's my gripe with them, not so much the fact they're put in place to support the roof but that they look to have just gone up with no real consideration for the impact on viewing they have.    Would have taken, what, 2 minutes to cut them to size?

One for the Trust maybe as a number of long-term STHs may have ended up in a restricted view after years of having a decent view?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 47
diehardmariner
August 7, 2023, 12:23pm
Vodka Drinker
To be fair, no-one in the Main has ever had a decent view!  

Shouldn't complain, for many a year it has proved a blessing to not see most of what was going on.
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 47
acko338
August 7, 2023, 4:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,223
Gold Stars: 33
Where did all of the flood warning speakers go when they were removed from use ??

They were very loud and clear as a bell - useless at 20 feet above sea level, mind, but as usual, the grant money has to be spent on summat, whether needed or not !!

I visited Salisbury City's ground last season on a family visit, and their system was really crystal clear in each stand. I bet they didn't spend 6 figures on their gates !!.

Try the Pink Floyd method, spread out the speakers to minimise feedback and have separate volume controls, from separate amplifiers, for each different sized stands !!

Place the speakers at the rear of stands to allow the roof and sides to project the sound forwards.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 47
crusty ole pie
August 7, 2023, 5:57pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from rancido
I thought it sounded clearer in the Upper Young's.

I did too
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › P A system

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.