5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
supertown
August 7, 2023, 4:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,458
Gold Stars: 53
I don’t get why the big expense ? A few half decent speakers and a mile of cable can’t be that much can it ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 47
Roast Em Bobby
August 7, 2023, 7:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

What stand was you in please. Was it the osmond stand

Main Stand - The next block towards the Osmond after the block with the press box in.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 47
cannylad65
August 7, 2023, 8:56am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 6
It's Kev Rogers, and being a professional musician all his life, certainly knows how to use a microphone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 47
ska face
August 7, 2023, 9:13am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
If this board’s anything to go by, the Main Stand could be engulfed in flames and there’d still be people refusing to leave their seats because messages weren’t being broadcast at an appropriate decibel level. Never known a bunch of people so committed to finding fault at every turn, must be fūcking exhausting.
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 47
It Bites
August 7, 2023, 9:26am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,201
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from ska face
If this board’s anything to go by, the Main Stand could be engulfed in flames and there’d still be people refusing to leave their seats because messages weren’t being broadcast at an appropriate decibel level. Never known a bunch of people so committed to finding fault at every turn, must be fūcking exhausting.

Really ? None of what you say is true but a fact is that the PA system is crap and dangerous.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 47
heppy88
August 7, 2023, 9:40am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from ska face

Mmm strange comment. Fact is if it did go up in flames with lives lost and it was found the PA  system was found to be previously illegible, then no doubt the club would be fuc£3d and Debbie would be in prison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 47
ska face
August 7, 2023, 9:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
“Fact is…”

If this happened, then that happened, and if another thing happened, but then something else happened, then the consequences would be severe!

How do you lot live your lives & function in a normal society? Always the usual suspects too, same people who were experts in roofing and safety certificates last week & who will be experts in drainage and pitch management the second the turf has a drop of water on it.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 47
aldi_01
August 7, 2023, 10:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face

“Can you you smell something”

“Aye Jack, smells like burning”

“You reckon it’s on fire”

“Not sure pal, few folk moving…”

Inaudible sound over PA

“Did you catch that”

“Nah, but those stewards are directing people out of the stand…”

“Ahhh, I dunno, couldn’t hear the PA, I’m gonna sit tight”

Flames roaring over the top of the main stand, smoke filling the air…meanwhile Jack and Gerald remain seated…

“That steward not half waving his arms around, dya think he’s trying to help us?”

“I dunno Jack, I’m not gonna risk it, I don’t trust stewards, I’ll wait for a clear and precise tannoy announcement…”

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 47
chaos33
August 7, 2023, 10:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from It Bites

Really ? None of what you say is true but a fact is that the PA system is crap and dangerous.

Nah he’s right. It is true.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 47
gtfc_chris
August 7, 2023, 10:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I can’t believe the blasé attitude to this. If an evacuation was announced using the current system, it’s highly likely that some wouldn’t get out. Someone needs to get a grip.

Not dismissing that the PA system has H&S connections, but I don't think for one second that a poor PA system would mean that some wouldn't get out in an evacuation scenario. That would be determined by the quality of egress routes and the capacity they can withstand over time. If some bloke is still sat in the Upper when 2,000 people are piling out discussing the situation, I very much doubt the PA will be to blame for his unwillingness to move. Which then see's the stewards kick in to life and perform their job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › P A system

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.