Heisenberg
August 6, 2023, 2:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from SteffiMariner

The vast minority would make it a majority...

Pedantic! I like it, good point.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 38
toontown
August 6, 2023, 3:45pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Our playing budget for this season (both capital for fees and revenue for playing budget) is completly gone.

Hurst has nothing left and we only have loans available if parent club pay wages. So we are looking at L1 / Champs sides loaning young players again like last year.

I can say with 100% certainty this is the case &
recent unfoseen costs re roof and stands not helped but not the cause.

Jason, Andrew & Debbie running it like a
business & its spent re transfer kitty & wage bill as a % of revenue at the limit.

Squad is ok tho, so UTM 👊

Hurst likes a squad filler loan or two, usually as a wide man or forward so I expect that is what we'll see. Also expect that if the conditions we are working under (parent club meets 100% or 90%+ at least of wages) are what you say, so we're in the bargain bucket, then these players will be the same level as usual too I.e. not quite good enough like pepple/symonds/oneill/revan etc. But you never know.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 38
mimma
August 6, 2023, 3:58pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
I believe the money from the cup run has been spread over three years, so Conteh's wages for instance has been covered for the whole of his contract.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 38
HerveJosse
August 6, 2023, 5:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Lincspoacher
Our playing budget for this season (both capital for fees and revenue for playing budget) is completly gone.

Hurst has nothing left and we only have loans available if parent club pay wages. So we are looking at L1 / Champs sides loaning young players again like last year.

I can say with 100% certainty this is the case &
recent unfoseen costs re roof and stands not helped but not the cause.

Jason, Andrew & Debbie running it like a
business & its spent re transfer kitty & wage bill as a % of revenue at the limit.

Squad is ok tho, so UTM 👊

Good job we got that million pounds from the cup run then which we were told was going entirely into the playing budget or we would only be fielding half a team this season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 38
Norseman
August 6, 2023, 11:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from mimma
I believe the money from the cup run has been spread over three years, so Conteh's wages for instance has been covered for the whole of his contract.

Don't think Conteh will be here all his contract .I think town could end up selling him ,mullarkey and couple of others for decent money next year or the one after
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 38
gtfc98
August 7, 2023, 2:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from Poojah
No chance Armstrong will be coming here. George Lloyd didn’t make the Cheltenham squad yesterday; he would seem a more realistic target and while not quite a like-for-like comparison did play that number 9 role well last season.

Lloyd is injured. Out for about a month.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 38
bedders78
August 7, 2023, 8:05am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from HerveJosse

Good job we got that million pounds from the cup run then which we were told was going entirely into the playing budget or we would only be fielding half a team this season

Or a slightly smaller squad, a few loans and a touch less quality

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 38
diehardmariner
August 7, 2023, 10:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Hurst loves a loan or two at the end of a transfer window, don't expect this month to be any different.

Other clubs have yet to decide who is in there plans and who isn't.  That trickles down from the very top, eventually reaching us with players becoming available.

I thought Gnahoua looked what he is, a player who hasn't really had a pre-season and only trained with his new team-mates for the last week.

Was moments when he got on the ball where he looked set to do something but was just a bit rusty.  Morecambe fans seemed quite complimentary and Hurst clearly knows what he'll be getting from him.  I think it's a decent signing to be honest.  
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 38
Mappers
August 7, 2023, 10:23am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Like Rodgers ,Rose,Pyke and Mularkey a good number of Morecambe fans wanted him to stay and rated him .

That will do me ,Iv imagine he will challenge Vernam on the left when he's up to speed - looks a very good player going off the highlights of Morecambe .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Gnahoua

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.