4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
gtfc98
August 5, 2023, 8:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68

He is absolutely the type of player we need. I hope we are one of the clubs in for him. You could see today that once again we are short in the area that really matters.

He'll be going to league 1.

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 38
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 5, 2023, 11:37pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
As a responsible modern man I’ve just text all of my previous sëxual partners about my Gnahoua.

You should all do the same (particularly if you’ve just received a DM from me)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 38
toontown
August 6, 2023, 12:27am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70

He is absolutely the type of player we need. I hope we are one of the clubs in for him. You could see today that once again we are short in the area that really matters.

I totally agree but from what hurst said in his interview the other day it does sound like the budget is all but spent, so I can't see us being in for what woukd surely be a huge chunk at this level.

I ersonalky can't see why we woukd go spending on gnahoua who seems very similar to an assortment of players we already have in being able to play across the 3 behind the striker but can't play up top.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 38
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
August 6, 2023, 12:46am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +847
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from toontown
........ but from what hurst said in his interview the other day it does sound like the budget is all but spent.....

Just because we allegedly got over a million from the FA Cup run ADDED onto the budget that 1878 had already put aside for this season DOESNT mean that it all went into this seasons coffers. Because the chances of us getting to the quarter final again this year are negligible, it wouldnt surprise me if they have kept a good chunk of it back to add on to next seasons transfer budget.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 38
Youngy
August 6, 2023, 5:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +1,663
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Luke Armstrong left out by Harrogate today as he is the subject of several transfer bids and is obviously interested in moving on, think he’d be perfect for us but possibly too late after all our other forward signings.

Talk is Wrexham or Bradford
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 38
chaos33
August 6, 2023, 6:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I’d like to think we were in for him as he’s a goalscorer but I’d be astonished if he ends up here. It’ll be a Yorkshire L1 or L2 club.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 38
Roast Em Bobby
August 6, 2023, 8:40am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Yeah, he's exactly the type we need, though agree unlikely we'd get him. I thought Wimbledon's number 9 Davison yesterday looked a real handfull and I was suprised they took him off until I saw how quick his replacement was.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 38
Poojah
August 6, 2023, 9:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,584
Gold Stars: 1,503
No chance Armstrong will be coming here. George Lloyd didn’t make the Cheltenham squad yesterday; he would seem a more realistic target and while not quite a like-for-like comparison did play that number 9 role well last season.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 38
RonMariner
August 6, 2023, 9:59am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
There’s more chance of Lance Armstrong signing.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 38
rancido
August 6, 2023, 10:06am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96

Just because we allegedly got over a million from the FA Cup run ADDED onto the budget that 1878 had already put aside for this season DOESNT mean that it all went into this seasons coffers. Because the chances of us getting to the quarter final again this year are negligible, it wouldnt surprise me if they have kept a good chunk of it back to add on to next seasons transfer budget.

Or even the January window, once PH has had the chance to see what this squad is really capable of.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 38
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Gnahoua

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.