Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Major EFL rule change announced...
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Major EFL rule change announced...

This thread currently has 2,773 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Rob_in_Grimsby
August 4, 2023, 11:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
Is there some special stadium clock software that now needs an upgrade?

As it happens I need to re write the scoreboard software to take out the feature to stop the clock at 45 and 90 mins wont be done for tomorrow as i only got told at 8pm tonight but may be done for the next home game,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 27
aldi_01
August 5, 2023, 7:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

As it happens I need to re write the scoreboard software to take out the feature to stop the clock at 45 and 90 mins wont be done for tomorrow as i only got told at 8pm tonight but may be done for the next home game,

I wouldn’t worry too much, it’ll be another ‘rule’ that slowly disappears after teams start moaning about it.

In last nights game players got a yellow for kicking the ball away whether a yard or more, they were praising it….that’ll die out to. The first weekend there’s a flurry of sendings off and a couple of key players it’ll soon be gone.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 27
pen penfras
August 5, 2023, 8:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from aldi_01

I wouldn’t worry too much, it’ll be another ‘rule’ that slowly disappears after teams start moaning about it.

In last nights game players got a yellow for kicking the ball away whether a yard or more, they were praising it….that’ll die out to. The first weekend there’s a flurry of sendings off and a couple of key players it’ll soon be gone.

The kicking the ball away has driven me crazy for years. They should punish all these petulant little acts and have players sent off for it. That way they'll stopping acting like 3 year olds and maybe concentrate on actually playing the game.

You are right of course, in 3 week's time, it'll all be forgotten about and defending teams slow the game down to disrupt the flow like they have done for years.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 27
RonMariner
August 5, 2023, 12:16pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,692
Gold Stars: 226
The other rule change this season is that no L2 game can be broadcast live unless it features Wrexham.

We have to consider all those US based Wrexham supporters. The games will be rescheduled to kick off at 10pm to meet the mid afternoon time slot on the West Coast.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 27
GrimRob
August 5, 2023, 7:59pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
I have long grumbled about timekeeping but I still don't think we're there yet. Nobody still has any idea how long there is left! Stopping the clock seems inevitable if they are going to stick with this rule, as it makes it very difficult to assess the game. It makes it hard for managers to plan their subs and it also makes it hard for the "leave on 85 minutes" brigade to plan their exit.

With the extra minutes played there are also bound to be more cards shown. The orange card might be needed!

The ballboys at BP also need some training. It doesn't have to be Wimbledon but getting the balls back in play (just one at a time) needs to be a well-oiled machine.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 14 - 27
pen penfras
August 5, 2023, 8:54pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from GrimRob
I have long grumbled about timekeeping but I still don't think we're there yet. Nobody still has any idea how long there is left! Stopping the clock seems inevitable if they are going to stick with this rule, as it makes it very difficult to assess the game. It makes it hard for managers to plan their subs and it also makes it hard for the "leave on 85 minutes" brigade to plan their exit.

With the extra minutes played there are also bound to be more cards shown. The orange card might be needed!

The ballboys at BP also need some training. It doesn't have to be Wimbledon but getting the balls back in play (just one at a time) needs to be a well-oiled machine.

I get the multi ball idea, buy it doesn't work in small grounds. Almost every time the ball went out, we waited for the same ball. And when we didn't,  it ended up on the pitch and lost time anyway.

I agree with stopping the clock. Makes more sense and is more transparent. I have no idea where 6 extra minutes came from in the 2nd half. A few subs and the penalty. Can't remember anything else

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 27
Grantley
August 5, 2023, 8:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
Ball boys, same as every other season, were pretty useless and just not doing their job. Who gives instructions to them before games?

Jordan Magrew
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 27
jamesgtfc
August 6, 2023, 11:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
The tech must be there for referees to stop the clock and it automatically update a digital scoreboard. Get rid of added time and end the halves when the ball goes out of play after 45/90 minutes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 27
Maringer
August 6, 2023, 11:58am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,512
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from pen penfras

I agree with stopping the clock. Makes more sense and is more transparent. I have no idea where 6 extra minutes came from in the 2nd half. A few subs and the penalty. Can't remember anything else

Their big number 18 (who was winning almost everything in the air) went down injured twice complaining about a whack to the side of the neck. That would have added a few minutes at least.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 27
grimps
August 6, 2023, 12:34pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,130
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

Can you make it go quicker when we’re 1-0 up please ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Major EFL rule change announced...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.