GollyGTFC
July 28, 2023, 9:50am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,960
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from aldi_01

This was my understanding, I just think Donnie excrement a brick to be honest which was why our allocation stayed as it was.

The fire alarm thing was odd because I’ve never seen it before, or heard it I guess. Happens every week at football and fire alarms never go off, they must have some weird overly sensitive system there. It won’t make a difference to allocations though.

As for Notts, for me, the issue is still the actual system we use to purchase tickets. I’ve got mine and everyone I know who wanted one got one but for me the anxiety is the system. It’s horrific, I’ve always been successful in my quest but that still doesn’t make it ok. I’m assuming it hasn’t fully sold out yet?

The ‘rumour’ that they can use the whole stand because of health and safety and the concourse has to be balderdash. We’ve had that full stand before and so have others, the issue with the concourse that day was the police kettling people in areas of it and the kiosk people just slamming down the shutters which in turn drunk people off. I’d imagine we could get another 500 at best. They’ll probably sell the rest to home fans and why wouldn’t they?

Let’s face it, we’ve cut our away allocation to accommodate home fans so we’re no different…

The away stand is definitely restricted below the amount of actual seats within the stand. As somebody has said the concourse size restrict the capacity. There are large areas of the stand where the seats aren’t even numbered and tickets aren’t sold.

Safety requirements have moved on since 1991 when they redeveloped Meadow Lane.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 50 - 81
Stew0_0
July 28, 2023, 10:06am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
Went online at 8.30 this morning and ordered a pair of tickets for Notts game. No queue, hassle and done in minutes. Not sure how many tickets we have left though and am sure we will sell out the whole 2,900+
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 81
arryarryarry
July 28, 2023, 12:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Gaffer58
Don’t know if it still happens but some years ago, may of even been an FA Cup game,Town had to request “X” amount and pay for them wether all sold or not, then if all sold could request additional but again had to pay for them all, so if this still happens then obviously Town don’t want to risk having to pay for a load of tickets that are not purchased.

I am sure that was Chelsea after drawing 0-0 at home. They wanted Town to buy tickets for the seats in the temporary stand behind the goal before even selling them to Town fans.

Not sure if they actually ended up doing that but there were a fair few Town fans in those seats but not a sell out.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 81
mimma
July 28, 2023, 1:41pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Yes it was the Chelsea game. They insisted on Town buying up the tickets to sell on. They wouldn't take them back again. We managed to shift nearly all of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 81
Son of Cod
July 31, 2023, 10:24am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Tickets have made it to 1878 members for those that are waiting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 81
MarinerWY
August 2, 2023, 10:12pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Made it to general sale today. Wonder if we'll sell this out, hope so
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 81
aldi_01
August 3, 2023, 6:47am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MarinerWY
Made it to general sale today. Wonder if we'll sell this out, hope so

And after all that cryarsing about not getting enough…always the same this time of year. I know 4/5 regulars not going because of holidays…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 81
MarinerWY
August 3, 2023, 2:30pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from aldi_01

And after all that cryarsing about not getting enough…always the same this time of year. I know 4/5 regulars not going because of holidays…

Tbf think everyone was fine after we got the additional 900. I think with 2000 some would have missed out -  We sold 2000 at Donny away for a dead rubber game last year.

Be interesting to see if we do sell out the 2900 - we get similar for Bradford but rarely sell out. I reckon we'd got around 2000 that would definitely be heading to Donny, Bradford, Notts each time and then a few that bolster those numbers.

But if we don't get near to selling the full 2900 tickets, not sure we'll get offered them again at Notts as I think we have to pay for any returns
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 81
dapperz fun pub
August 3, 2023, 3:26pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,934
Gold Stars: 82
My neighbour was in the club shop earlier he reckons he heard 2500 sold ?? He’s 84 and slightly deaf though so not fact
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 81
Limerick Mariner
August 3, 2023, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
My neighbour was in the club shop earlier he reckons he heard 2500 sold ?? He’s 84 and slightly deaf though so not fact

We will sell out. Apart from Brighton we rarely sell more than 2k to ST holders on a one for one basis but always shift plenty more when it gets to general sale.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Notts/Mansfield tickets

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.