9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Chalky
July 27, 2023, 6:29pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
From memory I think that we gave Coventry City 4,600 in a play off game* a few years ago,the capacity is just over 5k but reduced with segregation and so on

* Here we go….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 81
Limerick Mariner
July 27, 2023, 6:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Chalky
From memory I think that we gave Coventry City 4,600 in a play off game* a few years ago,the capacity is just over 5k but reduced with segregation and so on

* Here we go….

I guess we are looking at a circa 13k crowd. With the full 4.5k away allocation could have been 15k. When is the last time Notts got 15k for a league game at normal prices?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 81
grimps
July 27, 2023, 6:44pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,129
Gold Stars: 46
If we can sell those 3000 in the next week we should be banging on their door for the rest of the stand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 81
Grantham_Mariner
July 27, 2023, 7:44pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,187
Gold Stars: 51
Notts fan informed me that they can not get a safety cert for more than 3k as concourse too small and not enough toilets. If so why don't they say so? Or it might be too costly for extra stewards and Police?

Or it may be they don't want us to out sing them as well as outplay them on the pitch (again).  

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 81
Limerick Mariner
July 27, 2023, 8:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Notts fan informed me that they can not get a safety cert for more than 3k as concourse too small and not enough toilets. If so why don't they say so? Or it might be too costly for extra stewards and Police? D

TBH if that’s right I don’t have a problem with it - but there must be consistency. Unlike the Halifax fiasco, or Notts in the play-offs. This is where I’d want Fair Game to get involved. There shouldnt be discrimination against any clubs’ fans unless there is a demonstrable threat of serious disorder, and certainly not league status or TV.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 81
mimma
July 27, 2023, 8:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
If the problem is the concourse not the seats then why not let us sit where we want instead of cramming us all together? They force us to sit rammed in together when there is enough space for us to be more comfortable?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 81
thornemariner
July 28, 2023, 12:00am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +655
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from grimps
Last season we didn’t get the full Doncaster allocation because the club never requested them in time , I think it’s time the club realised we’ll sell all of the tickets offered for any local games and they should request the maximum amount of tickets

I spoke to several stewards at DRFC when going to some local cup finals. The reason we didn't get the full allocation was DRFC's decision alone. This was because of disorder when Bradford visited as the overflow which accommodated them was underneath executive boxes where the inhabitants decided to act aggressively. The club weren't risking that happening with our supporters.

DRFC were not going to back down and SYP weren't involved. That is why GTFC were rebuffed several times when trying to get a bigger allocation.

Hopefully the pyros being used by Town fans won't harm this season's allocation. Because they set off fire alarms on the concourse, the club couldn't admit fans queueing outside.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 81
aldi_01
July 28, 2023, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from thornemariner

I spoke to several stewards at DRFC when going to some local cup finals. The reason we didn't get the full allocation was DRFC's decision alone. This was because of disorder when Bradford visited as the overflow which accommodated them was underneath executive boxes where the inhabitants decided to act aggressively. The club weren't risking that happening with our supporters.

DRFC were not going to back down and SYP weren't involved. That is why GTFC were rebuffed several times when trying to get a bigger allocation.

Hopefully the pyros being used by Town fans won't harm this season's allocation. Because they set off fire alarms on the concourse, the club couldn't admit fans queueing outside.

This was my understanding, I just think Donnie excrement a brick to be honest which was why our allocation stayed as it was.

The fire alarm thing was odd because I’ve never seen it before, or heard it I guess. Happens every week at football and fire alarms never go off, they must have some weird overly sensitive system there. It won’t make a difference to allocations though.

As for Notts, for me, the issue is still the actual system we use to purchase tickets. I’ve got mine and everyone I know who wanted one got one but for me the anxiety is the system. It’s horrific, I’ve always been successful in my quest but that still doesn’t make it ok. I’m assuming it hasn’t fully sold out yet?

The ‘rumour’ that they can use the whole stand because of health and safety and the concourse has to be balderdash. We’ve had that full stand before and so have others, the issue with the concourse that day was the police kettling people in areas of it and the kiosk people just slamming down the shutters which in turn drunk people off. I’d imagine we could get another 500 at best. They’ll probably sell the rest to home fans and why wouldn’t they?

Let’s face it, we’ve cut our away allocation to accommodate home fans so we’re no different…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 81
Son of Cod
July 28, 2023, 7:11am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from mimma
If the problem is the concourse not the seats then why not let us sit where we want instead of cramming us all together? They force us to sit rammed in together when there is enough space for us to be more comfortable?

Way better to be crammed in in my opinion. Atmosphere is never as good when there are little pockets of space everywhere. I reckon a couple of hundred spare so there's a small bit of wiggle room works but we'd have a third of the stand empty at Notts if we could go anywhere and we'd not be anywhere nears noisy as we would otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 81
Grantham_Mariner
July 28, 2023, 9:47am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,187
Gold Stars: 51
Quoted from aldi_01

They’ll probably sell the rest to home fans and why wouldn’t they?

There will not be any home fans in away stand. Notts do not sell home tickets when there are more than 2000 away fans I there. Again it is because the concause is too small.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 81
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Notts/Mansfield tickets

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.