12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Southwark Mariner
July 26, 2023, 12:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,550
Gold Stars: 83
Tweet 1684159951306997760 will appear here...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 112
NorfolkImp
August 27, 2023, 10:24am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +11 / -10
Approval: -519
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from HatTrickHero
I think we all acknowledge that Vitals is the place where serious football discussion goes to die. Even Norfolk Imp incurred the wrath of Vitals Admin, sorry, 'owner' when questioning their performance and daring to praise a couple of Town players.

I did indeed, and should probably know better than to comment on friendlies … or any match, till I’ve slept on it.

5 games into the actual season, and bar a 97th minute equaliser by The Cobblers, we’d be sitting at the Top of the table. A 3k allocation sold out for Wednesday’s forthcoming trip to Sheffield to face The Blades ‘reserves’ with another £1m investment from the American investors, everything is looking rosy again.

Private Message
Reply: 101 - 112
Hagrid
August 27, 2023, 11:52am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,423
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I did indeed, and should probably know better than to comment on friendlies … or any match, till I’ve slept on it.

5 games into the actual season, and bar a 97th minute equaliser by The Cobblers, we’d be sitting at the Top of the table. A 3k allocation sold out for Wednesday’s forthcoming trip to Sheffield to face The Blades ‘reserves’ with another £1m investment from the American investors, everything is looking rosy again.

Aye been an excellent start from
You lot
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 112
Heisenberg
August 27, 2023, 1:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from NorfolkImp

I’m impressed with your start and not at all bitter about it, I hope you mount a decent promotion effort. However, these regular ‘investments’ are just necessary cash plunged in to offset the huge annual deficit that L1 football creates unless you want relegating. It’s just fire fighting really. I do want us to get to L1, but the whole stupendous debt scenario fills me with dread. These regular ‘investments’ are wholly unsustainable, or at least they would be for us, I’d imagine.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 112
Mappers
August 27, 2023, 1:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m impressed with your start and not at all bitter about it, I hope you mount a decent promotion effort. However, these regular ‘investments’ are just necessary cash plunged in to offset the huge annual deficit that L1 football creates unless you want relegating. It’s just fire fighting really. I do want us to get to L1, but the whole stupendous debt scenario fills me with dread. These regular ‘investments’ are wholly unsustainable, or at least they would be for us, I’d imagine.

It does seem like The Championship is effectively a premier league 2 now in terms of money needed ,with league 1 like the Championship was when we were in it with the size of clubs and investment required . It's sad the way the game has gone in a way , Lincoln are doing well , hopefully they or similiar make it up because the dream is fading that any mid to small size club can realistically make it there without daft investment (only rotherham now ). The days of Crewe ,Grimsby , Walsall , Yeovil or even our neighbours competing in the Championship are long gone sadly .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 112
NorfolkImp
August 27, 2023, 8:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from Heisenberg

Oh I totally agree, I think the idea is to get young talent and sell them for big fees like Peterborough have in the past.

Mandriou, Erhahon and House could bring in the big bucks if they carry on as they are. The good thing this season is that our best players are ours under contract, not loans like Brennan Johnson & Morgan Rogers etc

Private Message
Reply: 105 - 112
Heisenberg
August 28, 2023, 12:12am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,070
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from NorfolkImp

Oh I totally agree, I think the idea is to get young talent and sell them for big fees like Peterborough have in the past.

Mandriou, Erhahon and House could bring in the big bucks if they carry on as they are. The good thing this season is that our best players are ours under contract, not loans like Brennan Johnson & Morgan Rogers etc

That does sound like a big difference this season. Good permanent recruitment. We hope we’ve done the same, but the jury is out…..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 112
NorfolkImp
August 31, 2023, 1:25pm
Brandy Drinker
Well what a thrilling night that was, reminded me of 4 decades ago under Murphy. More than matching a Premier Lge Blades side with £30m worth of talent up front, then having the minerals to win on penalties.

Back in Dec 82’ that 1-1 draw in the League Cup v The Hammers was a memorable night, the attendance was 13,899 but my Great Uncle, Les who worked the turnstiles, vehemently claimed over 19k were inside old Sinny Bank that night.

Coincidentally West Ham were 3rd in the old Division 1 and The Imps were Top of Division 3 when we played them … there’s a chance we could both be in similar positions 41 years on?

Private Message
Reply: 107 - 112
Les Brechin
August 31, 2023, 1:41pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from NorfolkImp
Well what a thrilling night that was, reminded me of 4 decades ago under Murphy. More than matching a Premier Lge Blades side with £30m worth of talent up front, then having the minerals to win on penalties.

Back in Dec 82’ that 1-1 draw in the League Cup v The Hammers was a memorable night, the attendance was 13,899 but my Great Uncle, Les who worked the turnstiles, vehemently claimed over 19k were inside old Sinny Bank that night.

Coincidentally West Ham were 3rd in the old Division 1 and The Imps were Top of Division 3 when we played them … there’s a chance we could both be in similar positions 41 years on?

Congratulations on beating Sheffield United reserves. What was it 9 or 10 changes they made from their 1st team?

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 112
louth_in_the_south
August 31, 2023, 3:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,692
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Les Brechin

Congratulations on beating Sheffield United reserves. What was it 9 or 10 changes they made from their 1st team?

Better than losing at home to Man City’s u13 tbf

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Lincoln

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.