4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
July 6, 2023, 12:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 35
I don't know why I choose to go to Grimsby Live to look for alternative news on the Mariner's when this website is the holy grail of all things town, but what a shambles the telegraph website has become.

No news on town since 30th June and that was just them musing with the idea that we might sign another striker since Orsi left.

No news on the new strip
No news on the signing of Conteh
No news on the signing of the 2 keepers
We've even had a pre season friendly with no coverage whatsoever.

All there transfer news has been based on rumours on twitter, info from this site and seemingly no journalism or interviews with staff members whatsoever. Do they even have a dedicated sports team anymore.

Needless to say, I've lost all interest and patience now and won't be revisiting
Logged Offline
Private Message
Epworth Mariner
July 6, 2023, 12:12pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 57
Totally agree…….they are way behind any news….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 34
heppy88
July 6, 2023, 12:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Something seriously wrong with Grimsby Live. Said to the wife how they haven't covered any of our recent signings or game GTFC. Embargo? Thought we were supposed to at the heart of the community?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 34
jamesgtfc
July 6, 2023, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,972
Gold Stars: 190
GI Media are our official media partners. Radio Humberside get access too. Anything in the Telegraph is something that is already in the public domain and covered by someone else.

I dare say the clickbait drivel produced by the likes of Elliott Jackson and his replacement Sam Allen has been part of that move away from them. A real shame because James Findlater played a huge role in exposing Alex May.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 34
DB
July 6, 2023, 1:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,025
Gold Stars: 386
No coverage of the Grimsby Borough match.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 34
denni266
July 6, 2023, 2:18pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
It has been crap and slow for ages now.. Feels like they are not wanting us to heve a sports page any more
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 34
Gainsbro_Mariner
July 6, 2023, 2:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,454
Gold Stars: 14
They were churning out loads of articles, quite frequently as well and then absolutely nothing since 30th June. It's only something that seems to have become apparent over the last week.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 34
BobbyCummingsTackle
July 6, 2023, 2:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,278
Gold Stars: 306
I'm an exile and I haven't looked at it for Town news for a long time. In fact I'd more or less forgotten about it's existence.

For context and some consolation - the site is owned by Reach Media who have similar local sites all over the country and Grimsby's is far from the only one that is sh*t. I wouldn't go to my local one for local news either.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 34
lukeo
July 6, 2023, 5:23pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,376
Gold Stars: 148
I am an exile and use the fishy for everything gtfc 😄
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 34
Yarborough Vaults
July 7, 2023, 6:57am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Sad to see what it's become as the Telegraph was once a must read. I remember when Geoff Ford was sports editor, he knew the Mariners inside out and I couldn't wait to read it every day. They also did those huge pre season preview pullouts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Live - Sports News

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.