4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
July 31, 2023, 10:19pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
Wonder what would happen if all town fans collectively boycotted the telegraph due to the appalling coverage. I for one ONLY bought the telegraph for the town news on the back cover, the sport's telegraph was amazing on a Saturday night, especially due to the Sunday league write ups, league tables, mariner charicature mood based on result and reports on towns game n player ratings.
Now the fishy runs ALL town gossip, runs the telegraph stories as they occasionally read the rumours and  news reported on here. Do you have a sports dept and especially at a time when interest in the club is at a highest.
The Donovan Wilson story on the site when he's been injured for 2 weeks is just an embarrassment. I've not bought a paper for at least 5 years and the website is riddled with adverts and click bait so will gain my town knowledge from the mariners chronicle here.
The telegraph team must be in a desperate state for this to be allowed to happen. Heading the same way as the Scunny paper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
Davec
August 1, 2023, 6:16am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
I hope I'm not missing the point here but GI News who are supposed to be the clubs media partner has not reported on any new signings from what I can see, on any pre season games, the last thing I can see Grimsby Town FC related is the match report of the last match of last season.

So it seems GI news aren't much better and they are the clubs official media partner!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
friskneymariner
August 1, 2023, 11:25am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,159
Gold Stars: 38
The Telegraph along with Echo were taken over by the Reach Orginisation,which single handedly have destroyed Local Report.The majority of the articles have factual errors in them and are appallingly written.The circulation figures have plummetted to such an extent they will not publish them.There have been mass redundancies and morale amongst staff is extremely low.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
White_shorts
August 1, 2023, 6:59pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Stew0_0
Wonder what would happen if all town fans collectively boycotted the Telegraph.

Heading the same way as the Scunny paper.

The Telegraph costs £1.55 at the moment.  The sports pages are full of regurgitated waffle about GTFC.  Lots of takeaway food reviews and features on big houses for sale.

Mickleburgh is still submitting letters to Viewpoint.  I used to read his ramblings for a chuckle, but simply ignore them now.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
tintowner
August 1, 2023, 7:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from White_shorts

The Telegraph costs £1.55 at the moment.  The sports pages are full of regurgitated waffle about GTFC.  Lots of takeaway food reviews and features on big houses for sale.

Mickleburgh is still submitting letters to Viewpoint.  I used to read his ramblings for a chuckle, but simply ignore them now.

I would buy the paper everyday in the past.

About 18 months ago (maybe even less) it was 65p. Then it went to 75p, then 95p, £1.15, £1.35 and then to its current £1.55.

I stopped buying it after it went above a pound. I am surprised it is still being printed to be honest, the circulation figures must be very low.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Grimsby Live - Sports News

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.