This thread currently has 4,389 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
June 30, 2023, 11:11pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Nothing says “I’m a dodgy illegitimate” like being against cashless venues.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 56
Theimperialcoroner
June 30, 2023, 11:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,212
Gold Stars: 102
Whilst I embrace cashless and use my phone for pretty much everything now, there are still a number of people generally old who can’t get their heads round it. There pretty much needs to be a cash option to ensure people are on disenfranchised.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 56
pizzzza
June 30, 2023, 11:49pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Whilst I embrace cashless and use my phone for pretty much everything now, there are still a number of people generally old who can’t get their heads round it. There pretty much needs to be a cash option to ensure people are on disenfranchised.

This is going to sound harsh but if they cannot get their head around cashless (basically tapping a card to pay for things) then they shouldn't be carrying around physical money. Cashless is absolutely a simpler method of payment.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 56
moosey_club
July 1, 2023, 12:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,250
Gold Stars: 226
Cashless plays..or rather "pays" into the hands of business.
Whilst we are all responsible for our own budgeting it is so easy to spend more than you anticipate/budget for/ can afford when you don't physically hand over your cash.

With cash, once you have spent it....you spend no more...with a card...you can just tap tap tap beyond your means.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 56
pen penfras
July 1, 2023, 6:23am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from moosey_club
Cashless plays..or rather "pays" into the hands of business.
Whilst we are all responsible for our own budgeting it is so easy to spend more than you anticipate/budget for/ can afford when you don't physically hand over your cash.

With cash, once you have spent it....you spend no more...with a card...you can just tap tap tap beyond your means.

Cashless pays into the hands of banks. Cash paid for the development of our country because the government created and sold it. Virtual money is created by banks and is just a way for bankers to become rich whilst we all apathetically sit at home complaining about them.

If everybody decided to use cash and bin off their credit cards, we'd have some money to fix the NHS and other public services.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 56
ska face
July 1, 2023, 6:55am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from pen penfras

Cashless pays into the hands of banks. Cash paid for the development of our country because the government created and sold it. Virtual money is created by banks and is just a way for bankers to become rich whilst we all apathetically sit at home complaining about them.

If everybody decided to use cash and bin off their credit cards, we'd have some money to fix the NHS and other public services.

What?
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 56
pen penfras
July 1, 2023, 7:26am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from ska face

What?

If you have any interest in the economy and how broken the system is, I recommend you watch this documentary [url]https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2145874/[/url]

It explains how money works and how control and power has shifted to the banks from government. Whilst we all sit at home watching the rich get richer whilst the cost for us to buy a home has gone from 2x annual earnings to nearly 6x and 40 year mortgages are now a thing.

The whole system needs to change, but because nobody understands how it actually works, we just get a new credit card to buy the latest gadget and feed the broken system.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 56
The Caterham Mariner
July 1, 2023, 8:16am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from pizzzza

This is going to sound harsh but if they cannot get their head around cashless (basically tapping a card to pay for things) then they shouldn't be carrying around physical money. Cashless is absolutely a simpler method of payment.

As i am mature socially awkward person I carry both
1. When i pop into "Mo's" grab a bit of shopping
I use cash to test the young girl on the till as it takes a little bit
longer too.
2. Pop in the pub on the way home use cash so when it runs out
I go home happy content with myself and not
To inebriated ..use card get carried away.
Me i just like to carry both cover all options
And always ask what an establishment prefers
Making sure the price list on the wall tallys up to what you are
Paying for !!
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 56
Blundellite
July 1, 2023, 8:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Cashless I've seen it when a card machine at a busy venue breaks down/loses signal it's a nightmare and the whole system fails.....cash is king
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 56
gytone
July 1, 2023, 8:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,023
Gold Stars: 8
People should always have a choice wether to use cash or card, forcing people to use card is just another way of control.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 56
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Cashless stadiums

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.