6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Marinerdan
July 4, 2023, 10:18am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17

Good grief. He is not going to be going to Food banks, is he? Even part-time he would get a decent wedge; every professional club will pay reasonable money to keep the wolf from the door, I was just musing why he would choose Burton. Perhaps it was the only offer he got.

Not sure history has any impact on players at all. Good job as most players will remember us as a lower end League 2 or Non-League club, the last time we where higher than League 2 Conteh was 3! I wouldn’t leave a job to go to a competitor because they were better 30 years ago.

Don’t forget very-best case scenario for a footballer is retirement at 40, worst case they could never get another contract.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
diehardmariner
July 4, 2023, 12:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Shall we have this conversation in 6-months time when we've got our new 'keeper in and he's had chance to impress or not?

Saying we should have kept him is just conjecture at this time.  We might downgrade but we might also upgrade.  

I remember people absolutely crying their arses off when we didn't keep hold of Carl Magnay over some petrol money, we then ended up signing Richard Tait who was the best right-back we had for a long, long time...

That Hurst only saw fit to offer Max a one-year deal suggests he didn't view him as someone who he wants for the long-term.  I wish him the absolute best and he goes down in our history as a bit of a cult hero and someone who was right in the thick of it for some truly memorable moments (there's so many of them!).  But honestly I'm not sure he will be what we want as we move up the leagues and adopt a slicker style of play.  He was an upgrade on McKeown and we now look to upgrade him him in turn.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
mariner91
July 4, 2023, 1:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262

But so true. They are not giants of the English game are they?  

Neither are we.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
July 4, 2023, 1:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

You don't know we did not have a replacement in mind golfer.

You do know Hursty likes to keep things close to his chest until AFTER we have signed them.  He might have one on the books already but has not told us yet.

Why would he do that?

Reply: 53 - 55
Nutsy
July 4, 2023, 2:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +139
Gold Stars: 5
[td]
[/td]
Quoted from diehardmariner
Shall we have this conversation in 6-months time when we've got our new 'keeper in and he's had chance to impress or not?

Saying we should have kept him is just conjecture at this time.  We might downgrade but we might also upgrade.  

I remember people absolutely crying their arses off when we didn't keep hold of Carl Magnay over some petrol money, we then ended up signing Richard Tait who was the best right-back we had for a long, long time...

That Hurst only saw fit to offer Max a one-year deal suggests he didn't view him as someone who he wants for the long-term.  I wish him the absolute best and he goes down in our history as a bit of a cult hero and someone who was right in the thick of it for some truly memorable moments (there's so many of them!).  But honestly I'm not sure he will be what we want as we move up the leagues and adopt a slicker style of play.  He was an upgrade on McKeown and we now look to upgrade him him in turn.

Tait was a very good right back, shame he left the season  before we got Andrew at left back. That would’ve easily been the best pair of full backs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
diehardmariner
July 4, 2023, 2:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
We did get a few games of Tait and Townsend in 15/16, which for my money is probably the best set of full-backs we had since McDermott and Gallimore.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Crocombe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.