rancido
June 28, 2023, 12:08pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from 123614
To answer your questions, I thought I had heard he had signed for us some time ago, just to remind you, I AM 77 years old with a very poor memory, so I sometimes get things wrong.  Also the first sentence of my post said 'I believe, and it ended with a question mark.  That should indicate to any intelligent reader that I am not sure that he signed for us.

As for pizzzza, mind your own business, are you the Facebook Police?

You're a tad touchy today.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 64
Hagrid
June 28, 2023, 12:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,407
Gold Stars: 534
you asked a question and you got the answer?

Don't have to be so aggressive Bear, lifes too short my friend!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 64
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 28, 2023, 12:41pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Don't think we've ever been in for Finley Shrimpton? His name was mentioned briefly last season or the season before as a player we were supposedly interested in, but I've never heard anything was concrete.

He's a young lad, he's only played four times with Scunny and his only real spells in first team football have come in loan spells with Frickley, Grantham, Cleethorpes and Gainsborough, so if there was any interest you'd likely not expect him to be coming in as a regular.

A Scunny fan I know doesn't think he will make it in professional football.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 64
pizzzza
June 28, 2023, 12:59pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner

A Scunny fan I know doesn't think he will make it in professional football.

Well that's worked out quite well then, as he is signed to Scunny
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 64
diehardmariner
June 28, 2023, 1:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
I think those stats are a bit out of date, probably owing to Scunny currently residing in the David Bury Tuesday Evening Six-a-Side League at the minute.

Played a few times last season for them and from what I've been told/read he was always one of the better players when he did play.  Interesting that people see it different though isn't it? Largely though, it wouldn't matter who was in that team it was just doomed.

There is/was interest in him from our side. To paraphrase Hurst, it's someone they're aware of.  How much that awareness dips into wanting to sign him is another matter.  

Back in January I was told by someone loosely connected to Scunny that we were interested in two of their players.  Shrimpton and Cameron Wilson.  The former is under contract, the latter was out of contract this summer and had rejected a new deal there.  Last week Scunny put out something of a bizarre statement on the player situation which looks like he's staying - https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/june/players-update/

Not heard anything relatively recently on Shrimpton and I said on the transfer thread that I'd imagine any move would be with a view to him developing, the only thing I could really compare it to is when we signed Luke Spokes.  A Brian Laws rough diamond if you like. But let's be honest, January was a long time ago and a lot has happened for us.  We've made a excrement load of money since then and I think we've probably raised our bar a little in what we'll want in.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 64
Gainsbro_Mariner
June 28, 2023, 1:44pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Quoted from diehardmariner
I think those stats are a bit out of date, probably owing to Scunny currently residing in the David Bury Tuesday Evening Six-a-Side League at the minute.

Played a few times last season for them and from what I've been told/read he was always one of the better players when he did play.  Interesting that people see it different though isn't it? Largely though, it wouldn't matter who was in that team it was just doomed.

There is/was interest in him from our side. To paraphrase Hurst, it's someone they're aware of.  How much that awareness dips into wanting to sign him is another matter.  

Back in January I was told by someone loosely connected to Scunny that we were interested in two of their players.  Shrimpton and Cameron Wilson.  The former is under contract, the latter was out of contract this summer and had rejected a new deal there.  Last week Scunny put out something of a bizarre statement on the player situation which looks like he's staying - https://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/news/2023/june/players-update/

Not heard anything relatively recently on Shrimpton and I said on the transfer thread that I'd imagine any move would be with a view to him developing, the only thing I could really compare it to is when we signed Luke Spokes.  A Brian Laws rough diamond if you like. But let's be honest, January was a long time ago and a lot has happened for us.  We've made a excrement load of money since then and I think we've probably raised our bar a little in what we'll want in.

Looking into it, you are right the 4 appearances were in League Two, but only 15 appearances last season early doors when they had low numbers, was then loaned out for the rest of the year.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 64
June 28, 2023, 1:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And passive aggressive to boot!

Coming from Londonderry you should know more about passive aggressive than anyone, but obviously you don't as I have posted absolutely nothing that could be interpreted as passive aggressive.  Oh and passive aggressive is all about tone, look it up, just how do you see the tone of a message that consists only of text in a forum post?  The simple answer is, you don't!
Reply: 16 - 64
June 28, 2023, 1:56pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
You really do have the most curious style of engagement.

Not at all, if people have a go at me I'll have a go back.

Reply: 17 - 64
supertown
June 28, 2023, 2:06pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,450
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from 123614

Not at all, if people have a go at me I'll have a go back.

You come across as the classic ‘grumpy old man’
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 64
June 28, 2023, 2:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from supertown

You come across as the classic ‘grumpy old man’

That's your opinion.  Don't you get a bit angry when people question what you write in a forum thread, and ask what you are doing on another Football Club forum, when it is none of their business and call you names and insult you?  I will ALWAYS stand up for myself  no matter how many trolls jump on my posts.

Reply: 19 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrimpton

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.