6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
June 26, 2023, 8:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
After doing a bit of research i think it's an even better signing than many think - Steve Cotterill put a lot of trust in him last season and rated him . On the face of people's meltdowns that we have signed a ' non scoring striker ' especially in Twitter space , there are a few things to point out .

- he started 22 games in league 1 last season for a team that finished twelth and came off the bench a further 17 times .

- He played mainly right wing back ,right back , right midfield or left midfield and on a few occasions up top .

He may well have been brought in as competition for Michee alongside offering cover on the flanks and in an emergency to play up top ; you would think Hurst has signed him off the back of a good season in multiple positions rather than as an out and out striker .

I see him possibly as a Kiernan type with the added ability to play right back.

Rochdale and Scunny fans say he was bad, but that was as a central striker .

A very astute signing if you look beyond the 'goals scored' tally .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 58
Blundellite
June 26, 2023, 8:17pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Hurst has clearly said he sees him as a striker tho
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 58
Roast Em Bobby
June 26, 2023, 8:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +11 / -2
Approval: +1,721
Gold Stars: 44
Quoted from Mappers
you would think Hurst has signed him off the back of a good season in multiple positions rather than as an out and out striker .

PH quote on the official website "We’ve certainly brought him in as a centre-forward and we think he’s a good age. He’s another one of those players, from speaking to him and watching him, we’re in agreement that there’s more to come."

“Hopefully, he can find a home with us. He’s quick, strong, powerful and another one that we’re pleased to have on board along with Danny and Donovan. They give us three out and out centre forwards, as well as one or two more who can also play in that area.”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 58
Mappers
June 26, 2023, 8:26pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Maybe that's what arr Paul told him before he signed the contract

When he starts his shape training he might find himself somewhere else lol .

In Paul we trust
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 58
GrimPol
June 26, 2023, 9:04pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -671
Gold Stars: 69
Well were not gonna sign a player who had 20 goals in league 1 are we. When we make signings that look like this on paper on deadline day, thats when I worry, when we snatch them up this early on, thats when I think hurst is onto something

Something doesn't fit. His Wiki page basically says he has a strike rate of goal a game for multiple clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 58
Limerick Mariner
June 26, 2023, 9:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from GrimPol

Something doesn't fit. His Wiki page basically says he has a strike rate of goal a game for multiple clubs.

Edited by PH after we had signed him and before the interview when he said we’d signed him as a striker…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 58
moosey_club
June 26, 2023, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,264
Gold Stars: 226
Can someone check that Paul Hursts skin doesn't peel back to reveal a cybernaut or alien as with all these attacking targets being captured early I am convinced the real one has been snatched 🙃

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 58
RonMariner
June 26, 2023, 9:29pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,717
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from moosey_club
Can someone check that Paul Hursts skin doesn't peel back to reveal a cybernaut or alien as with all these attacking targets being captured early I am convinced the real one has been snatched 🙃

Worth checking with David Icke. Could be alien shape shifting lizard member of the illuminate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 58
The Yard Dog
June 26, 2023, 10:54pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
As I said I welcome the signing, all I said was he perhaps has unfulfilled potential and his career shows that. Just worried about the length of the contract which I think is a pretty valid concern.

You dont have to worry about the length of contracts, thats the job CEO, you job is to get behind the team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 58
toontown
June 26, 2023, 11:27pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Roast Em Bobby

PH quote on the official website "We’ve certainly brought him in as a centre-forward and we think he’s a good age. He’s another one of those players, from speaking to him and watching him, we’re in agreement that there’s more to come."

“Hopefully, he can find a home with us. He’s quick, strong, powerful and another one that we’re pleased to have on board along with Danny and Donovan. They give us three out and out centre forwards, as well as one or two more who can also play in that area.”

Notice that Danilo Orsi isn't even listed by Hurst in the players considered to be centre forwards there...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 58
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Don’t Tell Them Your Name Pyke

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.