rancido
July 7, 2023, 1:45pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Have I missed something? Are the caravan dwellers coming to share?

If they were coming we'd be selling clothes pegs, lucky heather and snared rabbits!

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 59
moosey_club
July 25, 2023, 5:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Have I missed something? Are the caravan dwellers coming to share?

The only thing they share is the same DNA.

Slightly off topic but...I see a new team called Darlington United have been formed this season, North Riding Premier Division, and they are using the Darlington Arena as a ground!!
Ambitious ...or .......daft ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 59
lukeo
July 25, 2023, 6:02pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Quoted from moosey_club

The only thing they share is the same DNA.

Slightly off topic but...I see a new team called Darlington United have been formed this season, North Riding Premier Division, and they are using the Darlington Arena as a ground!!
Ambitious ...or .......daft ?

I just assumed it had been derelict or knocked down, shows how much I know.
I've researched the team and it's only going to end 1 way unless someone can afford the rent themselves! Their website is poor and apart from the management team they have nothing else on their page regards players, fixtures etc..
Be very interesting to see how it pans out!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 59
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2023, 7:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lukeo

I've researched the team and it's only going to end 1 way unless someone can afford the rent themselves! Their website is poor and apart from the management team they have nothing else on their page regards players, fixtures etc..

This article explains it all. Interesting for sure and I wonder what they are paying in rent.

[url]https://fanbanter.co.uk/11th-tier-club-move-into-26500-seater-stadium/[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 59
diehardmariner
July 25, 2023, 8:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Didn't see the Hull game so my first trip to BP this pre-season tonight.

Some extra wood put up as support between the posts and the roof beams in the Main Stand. I genuinely didn't think the view could get worse in there but somehow it has.  
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 59
Theimperialcoroner
July 25, 2023, 9:01pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lukeo

Going to a gig there next week, will be very interesting.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 59
jamesgtfc
July 25, 2023, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,967
Gold Stars: 190
I no longer have targets to aim my half time pees at in the Main Stand!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 59
diehardmariner
July 26, 2023, 9:34am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
So these are the structural improvements/works in the Main Stand, or at least the ones I could see last night.

[img]https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/RWuMP50fzOMG.jpg?o=1[/img]

If you click on the image to enlarge you can see better the additional wood that is in place between the steel posts and the roof beams, I presume to help support the stand itself.

I'm not a structural engineer so I'm careful to not criticise unfairly here and fully accept the need to make it safe.  But would it be wrong to have expected the work to not have added to a restricted view?  Yes, the view is already blocked by posts etc. I'm not arguing that point.  The picture perhaps doesn't it justice but the extra wood adds a fair bit more obstruction of the view.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 59
MuddyWaters
July 26, 2023, 9:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,256
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from diehardmariner
So these are the structural improvements/works in the Main Stand, or at least the ones I could see last night.

[img]https://gcdnb.pbrd.co/images/RWuMP50fzOMG.jpg?o=1[/img]

If you click on the image to enlarge you can see better the additional wood that is in place between the steel posts and the roof beams, I presume to help support the stand itself.

I'm not a structural engineer so I'm careful to not criticise unfairly here and fully accept the need to make it safe.  But would it be wrong to have expected the work to not have added to a restricted view?  Yes, the view is already blocked by posts etc. I'm not arguing that point.  The picture perhaps doesn't it justice but the extra wood adds a fair bit more obstruction of the view.

There was work planned to improve the view but it didn’t happen. I’ve heard two different stories as to why but I’m not going to repeat either.
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 59
LocalLadGTFC
July 26, 2023, 10:25am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There was work planned to improve the view but it didn’t happen. I’ve heard two different stories as to why but I’m not going to repeat either.

I don't know why you keep posting about these supposed stories, our CEO has said openly in an interview that works have been delayed due to more money being available next year. We'd be idiotic to spend club money this year when we can essentially have it paid for us next year.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 49 - 59
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Stadium Work

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.