HertsGTFC
January 6, 2024, 8:26pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,954
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from grimsby pete
Hurst always favoured defence to attack and even dropped Podge in the middle of his great run of goals.

Bogle also got dropped but his defenders could have a right stinker but stay in the side.

Looking at this team he put together with all the cup money.

If he kept Orsi. and played him like Crawley are ( another 2 goals today ) signed Bennett who wanted to play for us on not a great wage.

He would not be sat at home waiting for his next job.

Bring on the red crosses.

I don’t do crosses & ticks but we scored a fair amount of goals when we came up in 2016.

The 2nd time he got us up we scored 9 goals (5 in one) in 3 play off games that didn’t include a home game. We also came behind in all 3.

We scored a few goals in the cup run too, 5 in the first round v the team top of the league above, 5 in the 4th round v a team that are now in the prem.

Yes the football wasn’t great but this narrative insinuating we just used to sit there and absorb opposition attacks for 90 minutes is cobblers.

Would love to know how you can be sure about the Bennet comment TBH.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 76
January 7, 2024, 10:53am
Guest User
Quoted from male private Nale

Are you some kind of simpleton?

This whole site is full of rumour, conjecture and at times outright shite. I don’t think I have ever seen a post with 100% proof of providence attached.

I can’t tell you who I had the conversation with as they work at club and as I said I don’t care if you chose to believe it or not.

It seems I have you rattled

Hahaha, another non factual post.  I have no idea why you think you have me rattled, lol.  Odd that all your information comes from 'someone at the club' and you can't confirm it.  
Reply: 61 - 76
golfer
January 7, 2024, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 116
I do believe a certain person is cantankerous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 76
jamesgtfc
January 7, 2024, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,970
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from 123614

Hahaha, another non factual post.  I have no idea why you think you have me rattled, lol.  Odd that all your information comes from 'someone at the club' and you can't confirm it.  

Why would anyone name the employee that gave them some information that the board and management probably wish to keep confidential?

Over a period of time, certain posters on here have proven to have a reasonable track record of being accurate, but they are never going to reveal their sources for obvious reasons.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 76
chaos33
January 7, 2024, 12:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
But Male Private Nale isn’t one of them.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 76
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2024, 1:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
[b][/b]
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Why would anyone name the employee that gave them some information that the board and management probably wish to keep confidential?

Over a period of time, certain posters on here have proven to have a reasonable track record of being accurate, but they are never going to reveal their sources for obvious reasons.

To substantiate a rumour and not look like you’re making it up or trying to look like you’re ITK and not just taking pot shot guesses to possibly make yourself look good.

The fact that disseminating company confidential detail can lead to getting you fired would suggest it doesn’t happen as much as what some suspect or others claim to be a part of.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 76
grimsby pete
January 7, 2024, 2:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Would love to know how you can be sure about the Bennet comment TBH.

When Ryan first started training with us he was asked by the press if he wanted to sign for us and he replied he would and money would not be a problem when it came to his salary.

Sorry can not remember who it was who asked the question but that was Ryan's reply.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 76
HertsGTFC
January 7, 2024, 2:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimsby pete

When Ryan first started training with us he was asked by the press if he wanted to sign for us and he replied he would and money would not be a problem when it came to his salary.

Sorry can not remember who it was who asked the question but that was Ryan's reply.

News to me but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Thanks Pete.

We could certainly do with someone with that level of experience now though.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 76
January 7, 2024, 2:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

If you have read ALL this guys posts, you would see why I even doubt his 'info' came from 'someone at the club'.

Reply: 68 - 76
January 7, 2024, 2:53pm
Guest User
Quoted from chaos33
But Male Private Nale isn’t one of them.

Exactly!

Reply: 69 - 76
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Donovan Wilson Signs

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.