Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrewsbury after Hurst?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 145 Guests

Shrewsbury after Hurst?

This thread currently has 4,606 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
June 7, 2023, 6:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Have they changed owners ? Pretty sure when Hurst left there was a few words said about the nature of the departure??

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
Poojah
June 7, 2023, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,605
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from moosey_club
Have they changed owners ? Pretty sure when Hurst left there was a few words said about the nature of the departure??

Shades of Slade mkI; lost the play-off final after looking nailed-on for automatic promotion most of the season, then promptly left for a club in the division above and took a handful of their better players with him.

Slade’s reasons for leaving were entirely justified when all came out in the wash (he wouldn’t be the last victim of Fenty’s bait and switch contract negotiation tactics), and it could be argued that Hurst wasn’t in a position to turn down Ipswich either, but I think both left a bitter taste in the mouths of their respective former fanbases.

Shrewsbury remain under the same ownership.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
Mappers
June 7, 2023, 7:20pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
I was bored last night so listened to 'The Salop ' podcast to see if Hurst was mentioned ,he was most would have him back in a heartbeat .

They realise it's more likely they are cutting their cloth and  Aaron Wilbraham will be made permanent manager .

The chairman is an 80 odd year old bloke who has been their chief custodian for a number of years but without outside investment wants to tighten the purse strings, according to the podcast hosts he is very much of the 'old school ' sort of owner .

I can't see it happening in a million years - leaving an upwardly mobile club with modern ownership ,investment and stability for one that's penny pinching and just looking to survive .

The irony is Shrewsbury sound exactly like we used to be , I see them dropping down in the near future without arr  Paul at the helm.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
HertsGTFC
June 7, 2023, 7:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from moosey_club

The owner is the same, but the CEO who slagged OH off in the press has gone apparently.

I’d be amazed if this happened.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
fishboyUTM
June 7, 2023, 8:20pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
He isn't going to Shrewsbury. They are a smaller club than ourselves and at the peak of what they can achieve. We now have the infrastructure in place to do well and push on. He only left because of Fenty last time, and I absolutely don't blame him. Wish I hadn't bothered for 17 years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
kevikov
June 7, 2023, 8:59pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Bit gutted, the thread title made me expect a graph or a spreadsheet detailing Shrewsbury fc results and history since hurst had left and maybe a summary of pro’s and cons.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
fishcake63
June 8, 2023, 12:48pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
it wasn't a mistake the first time because it propelled him to championship & got him a decent pay off, but this time it would be a huge error of judgement
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
monkeyboy
June 9, 2023, 6:29am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
In a safe stable job close to home to one that may last till Christmas . Nah don’t think so
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Shrewsbury after Hurst?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.