Maringer
June 2, 2023, 3:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,537
Gold Stars: 185
Left-back, not a right-back.

I seem to remember he looked OK in general, but was recovering from surgery - had part of his bowel removed or something similar? Never seemed to get properly fit and then picked up injuries as well, I think. He's been pretty regular for Morecambe so ought to be a decent signing for Harrogate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 52
Mappers
June 3, 2023, 5:57am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Morecambe are another one who have financial trouble and suspect will struggle badly ,only 5 contracted players and lost all their  best ones,with minimal resources to replace anyone .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 52
DB
June 3, 2023, 10:17am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Mappers
Morecambe are another one who have financial trouble and suspect will struggle badly ,only 5 contracted players and lost all their  best ones,with minimal resources to replace anyone .

I thought one of those heavyweight boxers was investing in Morecambe, or was it Fleetwood?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 52
GtfcGarner
June 5, 2023, 7:03am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Morecambe and Sutton my favourites to go down this year. Squads have been picked to pieces and looks like they don't have the financial muscle to compete with others, I may be totally wrong but just a punters guess.. Particularly Morecambe it seems since the relegation they've just been ransacked.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 52
Mappers
June 5, 2023, 9:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.44
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,326
Gold Stars: 118
Kristian Dennis signed for Tranmere on a 2 year deal  after rejecting a contract at Carlisle .

Seems to have had a decent career ,just not at Town .
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 52
blundellpork
June 5, 2023, 10:43pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,655
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from Maringer
Left-back, not a right-back.

I seem to remember he looked OK in general, but was recovering from surgery - had part of his bowel removed or something similar? Never seemed to get properly fit and then picked up injuries as well, I think. He's been pretty regular for Morecambe so ought to be a decent signing for Harrogate.

Gibson could read the game really well, and was rarely beaten when he played for us. Not flashy or exciting, but simple and effective. He had a footballers brain and I enjoyed watching him play. Would have happily kept him 3 years ago, but he wanted to return to Newcastle to stake a claim for the first team squad. Quite fanciful, but he ended up having a decent couple of years at Morecambe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 52
diehardmariner
June 6, 2023, 9:28am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from Mappers
Kristian Dennis signed for Tranmere on a 2 year deal  after rejecting a contract at Carlisle .

Seems to have had a decent career ,just not at Town .

Fair play to him for kickstarting his career because he looked absolutely pants here.  Just had a look at his record and it's not all that to be honest.  Lots of purple and barren patches.

Shedload at Curzon Ashton and Mossley in the Dog & Duck League.  1 in 3 at Stockport in the Conf. North, three good years at Macclesfield and Chesterfield up to League then only last season with a decent return in the last 5.  I saw something on Twitter from a Carlisle fan saying they weren't that concerned as he'd fallen down the pecking order and his confidence plummeted after a missed penalty.  
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 52
IlkleyMariner
June 6, 2023, 9:37am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Saw Kristian Dennis at Bradford in playoffs. Came on as sub. Nothing special
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 52
Mikey_345
June 6, 2023, 10:01am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,383
Gold Stars: 106
Kristian Dennis is a prime example of why stats etc should play a smaller part in judging who we sign than some usually make them. He scored 2 goals last year, and very little the seasons before. If we'd signed him last season I am sure we'd have that pointed out as a negative, however he would now tick the box many want now...

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 52
BobbyCummingsTackle
June 6, 2023, 10:15am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,278
Gold Stars: 306
Don't make assumptions about teams who only have a small number of players signed at this point. I have a very good mate who was panicking that his team only had 7 senior players signed the week before last pre season and was full of doom and gloom.

He supports......Stevenage.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023–2024 League Two Transfers In

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.