Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023/24 season tickets.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 82 Guests

2023/24 season tickets.

This thread currently has 5,624 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Chalky
April 25, 2023, 6:09pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

Good luck in the play-offs Chalky. I hope you make it up as it would be a travesty if you didn't, after the season you have just had. Just make sure your players play right through til the final whistle this season.  

I know we make it up last season having finished 6th, but we were nowhere near as far behind in the table as the 6th team will be this season.

Thanks Les,a gold star is winging it's way over to you

The thing about the playoffs is that 109 points are wiped clean and everyone starts afresh,it won't be easy to go up in two one off games,some teams sussed us out and park the bus and do a smash and grab ,I can see this happening again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 55
Yarborough Vaults
April 25, 2023, 6:31pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
I've got neutral tickets for the NL play-off final and really looking forward to watching whoever makes it to Wembley as such a big game.

On the subject of STs, I wonder if a lot of the new holders from last season - who bagged some prime spots- won't want to renew but then those seats cannot be bought for the early bird price by anyone looking for a new, decent ST. The bigger price may then put some off.

Also, it makes sense just to allow kids in the Main to free up adult seats in the other stands.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 55
aldi_01
April 25, 2023, 6:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from arryarryarry

I didn't know the new owners were scammers.

Pretty sure that’s the finance company but I appreciate you need something to have a dig at…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 55
Chalky
April 25, 2023, 6:40pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
I've got neutral tickets for the NL play-off final and really looking forward to watching whoever makes it to Wembley as such a big game.

So have I once Wembley confirmed that you could transfer them over to your clubs section if they reached the final,at a tennrr a ticket or £41 after Thursdays early bird finishes I'm willing to gamble the tenner
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 55
promotion plaice
April 25, 2023, 6:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Chalky

So have I once Wembley confirmed that you could transfer them over to your clubs section if they reached the final,at a tennrr a ticket or £41 after Thursdays early bird finishes I'm willing to gamble the tenner

Looks like you can't transfer tickets ...

https://www.barnetfc.com/wembley-to-host-national-league-play-off-final

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 55
lukeo
April 25, 2023, 6:56pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
Sensible pricing in the most part... although with the family one I'd have it advertised better and make people aware the 2nd child goes free essentially
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 55
Chalky
April 25, 2023, 6:58pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

I'm pretty sure that I read on the Vanarama National League site that you could having initially saying it was in the neutral zone only,you had to contact Wembley via email once your club had confirmation of reaching the final but maybe I got it wrong?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 55
The Caterham Mariner
April 25, 2023, 7:07pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
And what did you expect  ST to stay the same
You support town and want  to watch home games you pay up and stay loyal...
So from my  point of view as your away supporting "Exile"if I go by train or car  costs will go up for next season.
Away ticket prices where  ever I go will be an increase too, Don't even go there on the price of Bovril makes me laugh everytime especially  when i do my weekly shop down Morrisons for a price of a jar (Bovril at footie matches a tradition for me by the way as I digress)
Remember the big rush for FA Cup tickets for Brighton all gone in 24Hrs you had the priviledge to do so as you were an ST holder .
Me had to go hospitality (table 11) would not have missed it for the world came out my boys inheritance  so to say .
Swings and roundabouts and the joys of supporting "The Mariners!" Or any footie team come to think we are all in the same boat.
So moan / Leave / Pay up and make cuts somewhere else. My auditor (Wife) will say doing the shopping Do you really  want that extra couple of beers ..
You a smoker and support town !!! Quit and save put money towards  your ST.
YOU can Red X to death thats my opionion voiced !!!
UTM See you at Stevenage  and looking forward to next season's  fixtures too.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 55
immariner
April 25, 2023, 7:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults

On the subject of STs, I wonder if a lot of the new holders from last season - who bagged some prime spots- won't want to renew but then those seats cannot be bought for the early bird price by anyone looking for a new, decent ST. The bigger price may then put some off.

Also, it makes sense just to allow kids in the Main to free up adult seats in the other stands.

That's a very good point that will need addressing. Perhaps there will be a "release your seat option" for those who know they are definitely not renewing and/or the early bird prices will be extended by a week or two but with all non-renewed seats released.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 55
HerveJosse
April 25, 2023, 7:44pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
And what did you expect  ST to stay the same
You support town and want  to watch home games you pay up and stay loyal...
So from my  point of view as your away supporting "Exile"if I go by train or car  costs will go up for next season.
Away ticket prices where  ever I go will be an increase too, Don't even go there on the price of Bovril makes me laugh everytime especially  when i do my weekly shop down Morrisons for a price of a jar (Bovril at footie matches a tradition for me by the way as I digress)
Remember the big rush for FA Cup tickets for Brighton all gone in 24Hrs you had the priviledge to do so as you were an ST holder .
Me had to go hospitality (table 11) would not have missed it for the world came out my boys inheritance  so to say .
Swings and roundabouts and the joys of supporting "The Mariners!" Or any footie team come to think we are all in the same boat.
So moan / Leave / Pay up and make cuts somewhere else. My auditor (Wife) will say doing the shopping Do you really  want that extra couple of beers ..
You a smoker and support town !!! Quit and save put money towards  your ST.
YOU can Red X to death thats my opionion voiced !!!
UTM See you at Stevenage  and looking forward to next season's  fixtures too.

Not seen much moaning about the price to justify this reaction
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023/24 season tickets.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.