Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023/24 season tickets.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 108 Guests

2023/24 season tickets.

This thread currently has 5,632 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
April 25, 2023, 2:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from GollyGTFC
It’s simple…

We all know STs need to go up with inflation as it is and the Tories continuing to destroy our economy, but just decide a percentage and put all STs up by that percentage. If it’s 10% then every single season ticket goes up by 10%

The increases announced mean the premium adult season ticket in the (your company’s name here) Upper Stand has gone up from £375 to £395. That’s an increase of 5.33%

Accompanied Junior season tickets in the “non-premium” areas of the ground have gone up from £50 to £70. That’s an increase of 40%.

How are these increases fair when compared to each other?

It is good to see the club finally selling STs before the current season has finished even if it’s only a few days.

I agree with your point, but I guess the club see it as losing money for every junior ticket sold that could have gone to a full paying adult.

Not saying that I agree with that and young fans are the adult fans of the future, so need to be encouraged.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 55
HerveJosse
April 25, 2023, 2:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
Any details on match day prices for comparison?
Standard Upper  ST works out at almost £21 a game so presumambly a bit north of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 55
grimsby pete
April 25, 2023, 3:02pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,834
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from sam gy
Seems to be a fair few people gleefully claiming that we won't sell as many as this season and using that as a bit of a stick to beat the manager/owners with.

And they'll probably be right, seeing as it's very common to sell more season tickets on the back of a promotion and to see a bit of a decline the following season when in the same league.

Happened after 2016, it'll happen again. Totally normal.

No glee from me Sam just realism , I hope we sell more tickets and more than happy with 1878.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 55
ginnywings
April 25, 2023, 3:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from HerveJosse
Any details on match day prices for comparison?
Standard Upper  ST works out at almost £21 a game so presumambly a bit north of that.

17 quid a game if you get an early bird ST.

I would imagine it will be 23 quid match day price in the upper.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 55
Limerick Mariner
April 25, 2023, 3:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,739
Gold Stars: 138
Our junior pricing is a function of an inadequate stadium that has lacked any meaningful positive investment since about 1982. The conversion to all-seater was forced upon the club but the club knew it was coming. It’s shite and we are paying for it now. There is no option but to increase accompanied junior tickets by a higher percentage. The price is still less than 4 walk-ups.

One innovation would be to allow a junior ticket to be upgraded to an adult for a discounted sum (a tenner) for all Tuesday night games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 55
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 25, 2023, 4:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Quoted from Chalky
I did say that the prices was for comparison and for the main stand but the Kop and family stand are lower,i will buy one if we get promoted but won't if in non league purley due to the standard of clubs that will be at ML

But don’t you go to see YOUR team rather than the opposition?

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 55
Chalky
April 25, 2023, 4:33pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.91
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

But don’t you go to see YOUR team rather than the opposition?

Absolutely Woz but I don't really want to pay for a ticket in advance to watch Notts v Dorking or whoever on a cold November night,it's all about how many games that I think that I will attend and every one that I miss makes the season ticket less attractive to shell out all at once
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 55
Les Brechin
April 25, 2023, 4:43pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Chalky

Absolutely Woz but I don't really want to pay for a ticket in advance to watch Notts v Dorking or whoever on a cold November night,it's all about how many games that I think that I will attend and every one that I miss makes the season ticket less attractive to shell out all at once

Good luck in the play-offs Chalky. I hope you make it up as it would be a travesty if you didn't, after the season you have just had. Just make sure your players play right through til the final whistle this season.  

I know we make it up last season having finished 6th, but we were nowhere near as far behind in the table as the 6th team will be this season.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 55
Poojah
April 25, 2023, 4:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,742
Gold Stars: 1,509
Quoted from Les Brechin

Good luck in the play-offs Chalky. I hope you make it up as it would be a travesty if you didn't, after the season you have just had. Just make sure your players play right through til the final whistle this season.  

I know we make it up last season having finished 6th, but we were nowhere near as far behind in the table as the 6th team will be this season.

County will reach 109 points if they win their final game at home to York, which they probably will. Absolutely mind blowing to think you could achieve such a total and still not win the league.

They will be comfortably the best ever team in any play-off campaign in terms of points finished ahead of their rivals (currently almost 40 points clear of the last play-off position and nearly 30 clear of 3rd). Psychologically though, how will missing out on automatic promotion with such an incredible record, on the back of what we did to them 11 months ago, affect them?

They’ve got the footballing ability to win the play-offs at a canter, it would seem. Have they got the mental resilience?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 55
Rodley Mariner
April 25, 2023, 5:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
They're getting beaten by a scrappy goal bundled in from a Jordan Cropper throw-in. Barnet promoted despite finishing 30 points behind them. It's so inevitable I don't know why we're pretending otherwise.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2023/24 season tickets.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.