4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
GollyGTFC
April 16, 2023, 10:22am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Rob Scott (Rotherham's Head of Talent Identification) was heavily involved in recruitment process for Matt Taylor. While Scott remains in that post it's probably unlikely that Hurst will become Rotherham manager.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 20 - 30
GollyGTFC
April 16, 2023, 10:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
And re: the "Hurst out mob"...

The majority of fans only attend home games and some of them the occasional away game.

We've won 4 home league games out of 20 so far this season.

Whilst I wouldn't want him sacked you can understand the frustration. We haven't really had value for money at BP this season in terms of results or performances for that matter.

So while I disagree with the "Hurst out mob" I totally understand their opinion and believe it to be a valid one.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 21 - 30
MuddyWaters
April 16, 2023, 10:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,287
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The majority of fans only attend home games and some of them the occasional away game.

Whilst I wouldn't want him sacked you can understand the frustration. We haven't really had value for money at BP this season in terms of results or performances for that matter.

So while I disagree with the "Hurst out mob" I totally understand their opinion and believe it to be a valid one.

I'm neither Hurst in or out. Home league form and performances have been nothing less than dreadful this season but are countenanced by good away form, the cup run and the fact that we had such a short pre-season.

In 55 years of watching Town, I've seen some very good football and the club managed by very good managers, including the likes of McMenemy, Booth, Newman, Kerr and Buckley. Hurst is pragmatic and he's a builder, he gets results which, at the end of the day, is what it's all about. I don't think that makes him a legend as what he's done is at the lowest level. I'm sure that he'd like to see us play more attractive football but, in practical terms, that's why Green and Holohan play ahead of Hunt.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 30
It Bites
April 16, 2023, 10:56am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,207
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from aldi_01
The Hurst out brigade are just weird fornicators.

If we even make the playoffs next year or, by some miracle, we go up, it puts Hurst above the Lord and Saviour as our greatest ever manager.

We point to our 98 promotion but context is everything and last year is off the scale in comparison…

2nd greatest ever ? No chance ............. and as for comparing last season with 98 😂😂😂. That's funny .......  
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
Grim up north
April 16, 2023, 11:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +690
Gold Stars: 1
The home form has been frustrating but virtually everyone of his seasons he has improved us year on year, how many managers within our reach could achieve this ?. I’d love to see ideas of a better replacement as most mentioned on here in previous posts have since failed at other clubs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
Mappers
April 16, 2023, 11:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,443
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Echoes my view tbh

Can see attendances dropping unless there is either a big improvement in performance or results next season .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
Mappers
April 16, 2023, 11:58am
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Grim up north
The home form has been frustrating but virtually everyone of his seasons he has improved us year on year, how many managers within our reach could achieve this ?. I’d love to see ideas of a better replacement as most mentioned on here in previous posts have since failed at other clubs.

I like the consistency of Hurst at least you know what you are getting and suspect Stockwood and Pettit feel similiarly , it's a lottery with managers at this level so i suppose going as long as we can without being in it is acceptable ; but we know Hursts style is not always in line with good football but if implemented successfully probably would give us a chance of getting out of league 2 next season or the one after .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
Son of Cod
April 16, 2023, 12:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,331
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from aldi_01

I see that giant man baby regularly and he offers nothing other than a big gob, over the top conversations with little substance and boring nonsense about football. He offers no actual reason to get rid of a hurst or any solution as to what would happen should he go.

Are you talking about the guy that was fighting with another Town fan at Dagenham last season?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
Mappers
April 16, 2023, 12:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod

Are you talking about the guy that was fighting with another Town fan at Dagenham last season?

Is it the bloke who sits near me in the lower who just abuses Hurst and Taylor the whole game ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
aldi_01
April 16, 2023, 12:49pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Son of Cod

Probably, certainly sounds like something he’d probably do.

As I said, opinions are great and I get that people don’t have to like everything, there were times under Buckley I wasn’t overly excited or enthralled. That’s just how it is but at least have some justification and facts to support your opinion…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Paul Hurst Contract

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.