6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
April 11, 2023, 5:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,979
Gold Stars: 184
Maybe controversial but from what I’ve seen this season (albeit from a tv screen!) I think Lloyd is an improvement on Mcatee. I don’t think JM has been fit all season and possibly, the injury and operation hampered him when the obvious lack of a proper start to the season couldn’t happen.

There is a very good player in JM and I reckon he will become a very good player once he’s training with a far better standard of players

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 51
easypeersy
April 11, 2023, 7:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
He’s on loan.
Won’t be staying with us at the season end.
Move on!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 51
acko338
April 11, 2023, 8:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,215
Gold Stars: 33
The ultimate question is -  how does Lloyd himself feel having been given the confidence and opportunity to play regularly?

So -

Go back to Cheltenham, and take your rare chances at a higher level?

Go out to a more local team and hope he can click?

Stay at Grimsby after a summer transfer, play regularly, and continue your development with caring training staff, managers and fans?

If Hurst and team could find 4 or 5 new players with Lloyd's mobility and enthusiasm, and with some larger physical presences to combat some of the Division sloggers, then next season would be a far better one for the fans.

Personally, I think that both a McAtee replacement and Lloyd together up front would cause defences problems, as they are both very mobile, and both tackle hard and harass defenders into making mistakes.

This would need better ground passing, and not being reliant on a Taylor type player as the only option from hopeful long clearances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 51
Croxton
April 11, 2023, 8:26pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,021
Gold Stars: 34
If he took a 'local' loan at FGR he could soon be playing against us!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 51
diehardmariner
April 12, 2023, 9:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,693
Gold Stars: 540
Quoted from ska face

Yeah Maidstone, Maidenhead, Minehead, all meaningless shítholes.

Probably sums up the state of the market in January though at that price. Can see where Hurst was coming from when he said it’s a seller’s market at that point. Colchester blew their load as well and they’re only 4pts clear.

I really, really thought Colchester would pull away with ease.  After their flashing of the cash, Tom Hopper included, I saw a lot on Twitter of their fans thinking the play-offs weren't out of question either.

Their fixtures aren't the kindest either, two of the top seven and a proper relegation scrap against Crawley next Tuesday.
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 51
April 12, 2023, 9:16am
Guest User
Quoted from DB
At the end of the day, you have to pay the going rate for decent players, not what you think they're worth.

It's alright saying that, but every manager has a limit.  You can't pay what a player/club demands if it's going to use money needed for other additions to the squad.

Reply: 35 - 51
Heisenberg
April 12, 2023, 9:29am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from diehardmariner

I really, really thought Colchester would pull away with ease.  After their flashing of the cash, Tom Hopper included, I saw a lot on Twitter of their fans thinking the play-offs weren't out of question either.

Their fixtures aren't the kindest either, two of the top seven and a proper relegation scrap against Crawley next Tuesday.

Colchester absolutely hammered Crewe the other day, so maybe their poor run is over.

Anyway, the foot of the table is far tighter now - all of the bottom 3 are picking up points regularly, although Rochdale have left things far too late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 51
Mappers
April 12, 2023, 10:02am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,449
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from diehardmariner

Colchester have been struggling for years its just a matter of time before they go IMO if not this season ,the next .Wont miss going to their stadium .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 51
cs85
April 12, 2023, 9:14pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +30
I reckon you could get Lloyd for a small fee,40/50k easy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 51
sydney
April 12, 2023, 9:50pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
If we ask
We can get Lloyd 👍
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 51
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › George Lloyd

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.