14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Mappers
April 1, 2023, 4:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Theres not really much point of difference between Gav , Green and Morris ; they are all decent enough but we need one at least who either has some guile or runs past the strikers (could Clifton do that in a 3 ?) ; they really struggle in those home games when teams park the bus and against big physical players .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 132
GtfcGarner
April 1, 2023, 5:21pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Not going to be an overreaction from me, gutted to lose but people calling for Hursts head - really?

We are safe and with a decent striker past 3 games we drew prior to Bradford would have been wins and we would be pushing on playoffs. It’s not been a bad first return season to the EFL for us. Let’s keep the core of the squad that are our better players and add to that in the summer. There are a few players with question marks hanging over their heads but they will have the rest of the season to show wether or not they deserve a contract.

Crocombe really needs some competition bringing in this year as feel his levels have dropped quite significantly past few months, still has credit in the bank from me for his heroics in the playoffs.

Players who I would keep/want to keep to build this team around:

Waterfall - (Been an absolute rock this season, will slip a mistake now and again but ask him to do the simple things well heading and kick it and won’t go far wrong)

Maher - Looks best next to Waterfall and really like him, I think that his first full season in L2 for us he’s impressed after getting himself in the team

Smith - If Hull can facilitate it then I would jump at the chance. Still young and getting plenty of experience under us, ball is in Hulls court.

Emmanuel - Can flick a game on its head and I think if I’m a team that is consistently dominating you will see a lot more output from him. Still not had a full preseason with a team. I would try and push the boat out to get him back next year.

Green - Does the ugly stuff brilliantly and a proper yard dog that will go to war, feel like we have 3 similar players trying to compete in that midfield but Green does it best. Be bold and sign some players who may not have as much defensive responsibility but can control a game (Khan of Swindon perfect example)

Clifton - Probably POTY and flourished this time round in the EFL, wouldn’t begrudge him of a move to L1 should he wish as he’s earned it but would love to see Harry here for another year to give it a go for promotion with us.

Khan - Showed earlier in the season glimpses of why he’s a tricky winger but seems to have lost his way due to a change of system from us. If the plan is to play with wingers next year I’d keep him as more than effective on his day.

Lloyd - Go get him from Cheltenham as next to a big lump with abit of pace I think he could cause havoc and go get a shedload of goals next season. His work rate is second to none and always know you get an honest shift from him each week.

Rest of the squad I’m take it or leave it about. Glennons output going forward is brilliant but at times worry’s me defending. The right back scenario I think that we need to bring in a first team and have Michee as a back up to try and raise his bar. Morris/Holohan only room for one next year for me as we massively need to improve quality on the ball in the middle of the park don’t think we will see both here come start of next year. Hunt needs to be able to stake a regular place in the team or I fear just be loaned out to the NL. I’d keep Taylor as a plan B for next year as your never going to get a full season out of him, there is a reason past 5-6 games we’ve looked loads better as a team and he’s been in it. Legs have gone for him but his experience and battling quality would still be fine for me to have him as back up. As much as I love Danilo and his personality I don’t think he is up to EFL standard and will be moved on in the summer.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 132
ginnywings
April 1, 2023, 6:10pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,127
Gold Stars: 548
People calling for Hurst's head again you say? Astonishing.

I think PH has plenty of kudos in the bank. Promotion last season, the cup run and comfortable in league 2 this season.

The coming close season though is where he needs to upgrade the playing squad to fill the obvious deficiencies. He had some valid reasons for the underwhelming recruitment this season, but I am expecting better for the coming campaign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Bradford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.