14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
April 1, 2023, 3:05pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,699
Gold Stars: 72
Kinda just want the season to end now, might be time to do things like give evan khouri a few starts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 132
Madeleymariner
April 1, 2023, 3:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Great 1st half then as per the opposing manager changes things, they took control and Hurst just stood and watched till they scored, .
Needed subs by 60 mins but nothing till Bradford get a goal back, Hurst so frustrates me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 132
MuddyWaters
April 1, 2023, 3:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,254
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
Before the game who honestly thought we would win  ?

The players are knacked with the games we have had to play in a short time.

Remember the good times and we go again next season all nice and fresh.

We’ve blown a lead having had much the bests of the game. We had five subs to make. Surely you use them if you’re able to?
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 132
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 3:18pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,947
Gold Stars: 228
Get the point about the subs but in reality I’m not sure our bench has/had pace to create an outlet or is there anyone who could really change a game in an instant.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 132
MarinerDevil
April 1, 2023, 3:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,779
Gold Stars: 80
I think today showed why we switched to a back 3. We rely on our full/wing backs for width which makes it so easy to drag our defence out of shape when we play with a 4 and a top striker like Cook is always going to find the extra space. Glennon struggled again which reinforces my view from January that LB is an area that needs some work in the summer.

We panicked again from set pieces - I think more height in the team would help with that. We also need a midfielder who's press resistant. While I like Holohan, he is not someone who is able to relieve pressure on the team when in possession.

Our points return since the cup exit hasn't reflected the promising performances overall, which just shows that we aren't quite good enough in both boxes. Plenty to build on though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 132
gtfc_chris
April 1, 2023, 3:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +10 / 0
Approval: +1,465
Gold Stars: 114
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Great 1st half then as per the opposing manager changes things, they took control and Hurst just stood and watched till they scored, .
Needed subs by 60 mins but nothing till Bradford get a goal back, Hurst so frustrates me.

There was a similar argument against Crawley but I don’t think it was warranted, personally I think that if we could have seen the game out with the 11 on the pitch (Khan the exception) we may have seen the game out or advanced our lead.

Today however I do think changes were needed a bit earlier. I’m a huge PH fan and very rarely critique him because my trust is implicit but today I do think a more proactive approach when they took a very obvious domination of the game might have helped. Might not but I think today I would have preferred it than not.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 132
chaos33
April 1, 2023, 3:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Poor game management second half. As usual, we needed more quality on the ball and waited far too long to make changes. Strange that the midfield control that was on the pitch on Tuesday was left on the bench Saturday.

Inclined to agree

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 132
cannylad65
April 1, 2023, 3:26pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: +96
Gold Stars: 6
At the end of the day, we're only a workmanlike team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 132
nightrider
April 1, 2023, 3:32pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
Christ reading the fishy youd think we need a new team. Only Lloyd that gets any love - but for how long? 🤣
Mind you i tend to agree. No players position is safe....

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 132
grimsby pete
April 1, 2023, 3:35pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from cannylad65
At the end of the day, we're only a workmanlike team.

The call for ealier subs i.would understand if we had game changer on the bench.

Its much of a muchness at the moment we need that player with a little spark even if he can only do it for 10 to 20 minutes.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 132
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Match Thread Bradford

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.