Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 136 Guests

Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.

This thread currently has 3,221 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
March 29, 2023, 1:04pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
Think it's fair to say Hurst knows his right backs, n Michee has played 75 games for us since signing.Cropper has played 10, n Hurst has shown no inclination to bring in another f.b. over the 3 windows.
Think that tells us all we need to know on what PH thinks of Michee. Just wish we could get a sports pyschologist to get hold of him. I'd sure itd work wonders
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 40
RonMariner
March 29, 2023, 1:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,850
Gold Stars: 230
I would keep Cropper. As we saw in the playoffs, Those throw ins can turn a game. Great option to have off the bench.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 40
toontown
March 29, 2023, 3:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
If you think we find croppers long throws useful/a dangerous weapon, what do you think those sides towering over us at set pieces would make of him?

I think (unfortunately) he will go elsewhere in league 2 next season as I don't think we will retain him. Hurst showed no inclination to use him as a sub even for a game like hartlepool away, were michee had been given the freedom of the park by the oppo and did nothing with it. Even when we were chasing the game in the last few minutes he persevered with what hadn't worked when we had space nevermind when they were defending,rather than bring on cropper. Probably as much because he fears other teams height and so wants to retain michee for defending set pieces. I'd say got for it the other way round and pressure them at any throw by getting cropper on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 40
jamesgtfc
March 29, 2023, 6:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
They both have a different set of core attributes, and you would expect Cropper to be a much more defensive full back than Efete, meaning any attacks down the right need to come from someone else, but you would accommodate that because of his incredible long throw.

I actually like Efete inside at RCB in a back 3. I can't recall seeing Cropper sprint to comment on how fast he is but I also think he could do a job in a back 3. The thing is with Cropper, you can make some allowances providing he's solid because of that incredible long throw.

Cropper has the best long throw I have ever seen live, not only does he get distance on it, but he is incredibly accurate and I love seeing defenders hesitating about whether they should concede a throw or corner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 40
rancido
March 29, 2023, 6:36pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,651
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from forza ivano
Think it's fair to say Hurst knows his right backs, n Michee has played 75 games for us since signing.Cropper has played 10, n Hurst has shown no inclination to bring in another f.b. over the 3 windows.
Think that tells us all we need to know on what PH thinks of Michee. Just wish we could get a sports pyschologist to get hold of him. I'd sure itd work wonders

I hadn't realised Efete had played 75 games for us. Based on that I would have thought he would have developed more to approach and compete with Lg2 football.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 40
BulkyMariner
March 29, 2023, 6:51pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +221
Gold Stars: 7
If we want to be challenging next season, Cropper is just not good enough, he won't be retained. He's too injury prone, and unfortunately for him hasn't been able to prove him at league 2, let alone the top end of league 2.

His long throws are a weapon, but a weapon better suited to the NL IMO. His long throws in the outstanding play-off run will be remembered for years to come, but it strikes me as a similar case to JMD. A player whose ultimately not cut-out for league football, but will do a decent job in the NL, although saying that, JMD hasn't helped Yeovil all that much.

We have to push the boat out this summer, and for me, that is targeting the Emmanuels of the (league 2) world.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 40
Bigdog
March 29, 2023, 7:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.12
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
About time we had an Efete bashing thread eh? Some of you lot are clueless. Stats show he's among the best five right backs in the division, Hurst plays him when he's fit more than any other outfield player. You chase him out of the club, trust me, you'll be missing his pace, power, stamina, energy and aerial ability down our right. He's not perfect, but then who is in our League Two squad.

As for Cropper, National League standard player with a long throw. We need better and need not to rely on long throws from a footballing perspective, the play-offs were a one off. And as for Emmanuel.. I've seen enough to offer him another contract, but in no way do his performances so far this season mean he's nailed on to have a flood of offers from League One.

A lot of you made up your minds about Efete when he had a bad spell in the autumn and are sticking with it despite many outstanding performances since. My guess is that Hurst will offer him a one year contract extension on top of the year he's got left, but he may get poached by a League One club or a top end League Two team.

Before you all wet your knickers, let's wait and see until the summer. Bookmark this, and if I'm wrong, get on your high horses then..

Disgraceful amount of relentless stick he's had this season, he's one of our own players, and one of the better ones. Some of you should hang your heads in shame..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 40
toontown
March 29, 2023, 7:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Bigdog
About time we had an Efete bashing thread eh? Some of you lot are clueless. Stats show he's among the best five right backs in the division, Hurst plays him when he's fit more than any other outfield player. You chase him out of the club, trust me, you'll be missing his pace, power, stamina, energy and aerial ability down our right. He's not perfect, but then who is in our League Two squad.

As for Cropper, National League standard player with a long throw. We need better and need not to rely on long throws from a footballing perspective, the play-offs were a one off. And as for Emmanuel.. I've seen enough to offer him another contract, but in no way do his performances so far this season mean he's nailed on to have a flood of offers from League One.

A lot of you made up your minds about Efete when he had a bad spell in the autumn and are sticking with it despite many outstanding performances since. My guess is that Hurst will offer him a one year contract extension on top of the year he's got left, but he may get poached by a League One club or a top end League Two team.

Before you all wet your knickers, let's wait and see until the summer. Bookmark this, and if I'm wrong, get on your high horses then..

Disgraceful amount of relentless stick he's had this season, he's one of our own players, and one of the better ones. Some of you should hang your heads in shame..

I am a big critic of efete, but I believe a fair one, I totally agree with your description of how we would miss his pace, power, stamina, energy and ability in the air. But I think its telling that his biggest proponent lists all his best attributes as physical ones and none of them include ability with the ball.

He's a phenomenal athlete, with a footballing ability at lower level NL at best. His athleticism can make up for some of his limitations with the ball, but not all. We can play in a way that makes the most of his style too to help but ultimately if we are going for top 7 we'll need better quality width than he offers if he's RB or especially RWB. If he is right sided centre back that's different and I think that role suits him better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 40
forza ivano
March 29, 2023, 8:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,282
Gold Stars: 266
well if the stats say he's one of the best r.b.'s in the div (& remember it's his first year in the FL) and Hurst continues to pick him, then that will do for me.
I also think he has come apace since we switched to a back 3
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 40
rancido
March 29, 2023, 9:10pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,651
Gold Stars: 101
Quoted from Bigdog

There are lies, damned lies and statistics!
It's all down to opinions but I can't see Efete being poached by a League 1 side. Criticism of a player isn't the same as ' relentless stick'. Efete has his faults, like most players at this level, but that doesn't mean we , as fans, aren't entitled to highlight them.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 40
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Jordan Cropper Vs Michee Efete.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.