9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Mayaman
March 20, 2023, 4:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 74
Was a bit anticlimactic for me.   I watched it in a bar which also had the Arsenal match (didn't think about that) on, so there was no commentary.  Would have been in Vietnamese, anyway.  Often showed shots of the fans who seemed not to be singing but I have since seen and heard clips since that showed we still were in good voice.  As far as the game was concerned was a little disappointed.  Expected to lose but expected more of a fight.  We didn't even show them a bit of league two physicality apart from Michee jumping through a bloke. Not sure why JM didn't start. That was his sort of game.  Was glad when PH made changes early but wish we'd tried route one once Taylor was on.  Maybe they'd have got one or two on the break but we achieved nothing tyring to play football as admirable as it is.   Still it put us on the map for a while, which we need to build on. Let's hope we can get some momentum in the league.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 85
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 20, 2023, 4:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from ska face

The Brighton fans are some of the nicest I’ve ever had the pleasure to meet but that summed up the whole event - nice.  All very pleasant, beyond cordial, bordering on saccarhine at times. There was never any needle, no friction, nothing to get the pulse racing. Obviously nobody wants to be dealing with aršeholes, and the Brighton lot on here have been absolutely top, but it just felt far too jolly for me.

Haha.

Brighton certainly played us just as well off the pitch, as they did on it.

They took the sting out of the whole tie. It was virtually impossible for any Town fan or player to have any angle of attack.

At least with Southampton, we had the Harry ban and being scheduled to trek 450 miles+ down to Hants and back on a Wednesday night to rile us up.

What you needed was Man Utd at BP. No VAR. Just febrile fury as our lads took turns to clatter Anthony, Fernandes and De Gea. Mmm…lovely. Maybe next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 85
Limerick Mariner
March 20, 2023, 5:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,710
Gold Stars: 137

Haha.

Brighton certainly played us just as well off the pitch, as they did on it.

They took the sting out of the whole tie. It was virtually impossible for any Town fan or player to have any angle of attack.

At least with Southampton, we had the Harry ban and being scheduled to trek 450 miles+ down to Hants and back on a Wednesday night to rile us up.

What you needed was Man Utd at BP. No VAR. Just febrile fury as our lads took turns to clatter Anthony, Fernandes and De Gea. Mmm…lovely. Maybe next season.

Conspiracy theories abound - Man U/Man C both at home and not sent to nasty places with no VAR and muddy areas on the pitch, kept apart again in the SF draw…wasn’t there a Lancashire based conspiracy against GTFC in the early days of the FL? The Lancashire Ring…
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 85
pontoonlew
March 20, 2023, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,077
Gold Stars: 178
Predictably we barely got a kick but I honestly don’t think there was much in yesterday and the Southampton game, we just came up against a considerably better side. We defended well in that first half and at 1-0 it looked like we might stay in it long enough to keep it exciting. The second half just killed us off but I wasn’t fussed, I was genuinely just happy to be there.
Slightly confused to see people say the atmosphere was flat, I thought it was rocking almost all game. It would’ve erupted had we scored at any point in the game.

Yesterday felt like an extended celebration of Southampton and I’m so glad I was at both. Really enjoyed the whole weekend, met some fantastic people over the weekend and one that will live long in the memory.

We’ve all just seen our side in an FA Cup Quarter Final, and I doubt we’ll ever see it again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 85
Rodley Mariner
March 20, 2023, 6:04pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from pontoonlew
Predictably we barely got a kick but I honestly don’t think there was much in yesterday and the Southampton game, we just came up against a considerably better side. We defended well in that first half and at 1-0 it looked like we might stay in it long enough to keep it exciting. The second half just killed us off but I wasn’t fussed, I was genuinely just happy to be there.
Slightly confused to see people say the atmosphere was flat, I thought it was rocking almost all game. It would’ve erupted had we scored at any point in the game.

Yesterday felt like an extended celebration of Southampton and I’m so glad I was at both. Really enjoyed the whole weekend, met some fantastic people over the weekend and one that will live long in the memory.

We’ve all just seen our side in an FA Cup Quarter Final, and I doubt we’ll ever see it again.

Agree with that. Felt a shame they got the 4th and 5th but truthfully it didn't matter did it? I thought the support was great as well. It was different to Southampton but we were out of it after 50 minutes yesterday and realistically maybe after 5 so how could it feel the same? Understand some feel flat and disappointed today but suspect a bit of time and they'll realise just what a special thing it was that we've done and were a part of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 85
forza ivano
March 20, 2023, 6:16pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,248
Gold Stars: 266
think those who did the weekend probably enjoyed it more than the day trippers.
Also Southampton was a much more exciting match , with loads of things going on. Brighton's way of playing football , although very very good, hardly gets the juices flowing, (as did our lack of getting stuck in)
plus of course we won at Southampton!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 85
LH
March 20, 2023, 6:31pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,544
Gold Stars: 173
Anticlimactic sums it up for me. Those history maker teeshirts doomed us and give me spit and sawdust BP over the Amex anyday. The trains afterwards would be frustrating if you had to endure it every week too.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 85
Rodley Mariner
March 20, 2023, 6:41pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from LH
Anticlimactic sums it up for me. Those history maker teeshirts doomed us and give me spit and sawdust BP over the Amex anyday. The trains afterwards would be frustrating if you had to endure it every week too.

Must be an absolute twit if you're away there midweek.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 85
LH
March 20, 2023, 7:16pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,544
Gold Stars: 173
Saw a few Brighton fans moaning on Twitter about our fans chucking the mosaic cards and elastic bands on the pitch. It was like giving 4600 arsonists matches wasn’t it?
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 85
aldi_01
March 20, 2023, 7:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from LH
Saw a few Brighton fans moaning on Twitter about our fans chucking the mosaic cards and elastic bands on the pitch. It was like giving 4600 arsonists matches wasn’t it?

Simple…don’t do weird tifos then.

As Ska said, it was all abit nice and I don’t think that helped us. We like a fight, something to get our teeth into…

It didn’t have that…pleasant and all that jazz.

Agree too, once the ‘history maker’ stuff came out it was only ever ending in defeat…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 85
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.