Lincoln Mariner 56
February 8, 2023, 1:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,766
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Brazilnut
Caught the first 2 minutes of a Jason interview on burnsy show RH ......... 1st question  was something like "what does last night's result mean to a club like Grimsby " .......... answer was means we won't lose as much money this year...

It was like Jason was reigning us in and saying we aren't sitting on a pot of transfer money

Yeah I’m sure it’s a question that will come up at the forum but JS has mentioned a few times during interviews that he and Andrew were injecting some further money into the club. Given the increased income we’ve had this season be interesting to learn what this money has been spent on. We will probably have an answer by the end of the week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 53
diehardmariner
February 8, 2023, 1:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,653
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah I'd definitely be interested to see the breakdown of what we're spending and losing.

This must be a record breaking year for income, even going back to the days of ITV Digital income.  From the outside looking in we haven't broke the bank on wages and there's only Hunt who we've paid any money for.  That should be massively offset by increased gates (season ticket or walk-up), transfers and cup income.  

I know there's stuff that's happened with the pitch and other bits of investment but just genuinely curious as to where it will have all gone if we're talking still about making a loss this year.
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 53
Brazilnut
February 8, 2023, 1:47pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Mikey_345

What time was he on?

Not sure  10.20 1025ish

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 53
HerveJosse
February 8, 2023, 3:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.88
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,205
Gold Stars: 144
The figure quoted by Jason as being on the line for the win and the figures quoted earlier in this thread are a long way apart. I wonder who is correct.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 53
ska face
February 8, 2023, 3:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,762
Gold Stars: 851
Have 1 (one) day off, I beg you.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 53
SteffiMariner
February 8, 2023, 4:27pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Have people ever thought that JS doesn't want people to know that we currently have a bit of extra cash; as soon as agents/clubs know you have extra, they want their share of it and more. He's probably down playing what we have to stop being rinsed in the transfer / wages department in the summer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 53
grimps
February 8, 2023, 4:36pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,136
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from diehardmariner
Yeah I'd definitely be interested to see the breakdown of what we're spending and losing.

This must be a record breaking year for income, even going back to the days of ITV Digital income.  From the outside looking in we haven't broke the bank on wages and there's only Hunt who we've paid any money for.  That should be massively offset by increased gates (season ticket or walk-up), transfers and cup income.  

I know there's stuff that's happened with the pitch and other bits of investment but just genuinely curious as to where it will have all gone if we're talking still about making a loss this year.

Well if the club hasn’t made a few Bob this season I doubt it ever will
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 53
aldi_01
February 8, 2023, 4:42pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse
The figure quoted by Jason as being on the line for the win and the figures quoted earlier in this thread are a long way apart. I wonder who is correct.

Either way, it’s not £200k of stolen money…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 53
Swansea_Mariner
February 8, 2023, 5:40pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,468
Gold Stars: 63
Money has probably gone on all the new staff we are employing, the extra cost of being a living wage employer and the general facilities improvements seen around the stadium and training ground.

Probably all adds up to a considerable sum.  Just another indication of the need for the new income  streams a new stadium  can generate.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 53
rancido
February 8, 2023, 6:09pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,623
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from diehardmariner

I'm sure I recall JS saying, when he and AP took over the club, that they anticipated making a loss for a few seasons because of all the things that needed doing to the ground and club to make it fit for purpose. There was also the need to pay off The Leech to consider. Obviously promotion, sales of players and this cup run will have helped to off-set those losses.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ££££££

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.