Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 150 Guests

££££££

This thread currently has 7,211 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
February 8, 2023, 9:40am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We would have got something for the overseas coverage tonight too...

Is the League 2 Progress Fund still happening? I can see reference to it from 2019 and 2020 but nothing since.

There was no overseas coverage for Town v Luton.

Reply: 30 - 53
jamesgtfc
February 8, 2023, 9:45am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from DaleH
From the first round to the 5th round, including the TV money we are going to receive for the Southampton game, we have earned income of £458,000. This does not include any revenue received from gate receipts both home and away.

In terms of what the gate receipt money looks like, that is essentially an equal share of the total ticket sales for each match, less VAT, less the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club (possibly accommodation depending on travelling distance rules), less the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and less other match expenses allowed under the competition rules.  Expenses which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, and floodlighting costs.

So all very positive stuff, aside from the uncertainty relating to the share of ticket sales less VAT and costs. I remember walking to the Luton game at Kenilworth Road and thinking to myself that the huge number of Police in attendance must have cost Luton Town a fortune. It isn't inconceivable that a highly policed fixture like that one might actually end up with zero money being paid to the visitors, because the costs might actually drive the fixture into a near breakeven or loss. I'd love to know. The rules though are very clear, that whilst the gate receipt profits are shared equally, if the fixture ends up as a net loss, then it is the home team that has to carry that loss.

We got overseas TV money for the Burton game and last night too.

I can't see any evidence to suggest the Progress Fund that Golly says we've got is still being dished out. If it is then great but I'm not so certain that it is.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 53
OddShapedBalls
February 8, 2023, 9:47am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from LH
It’s not about the money for me. I want triangle corner flags and Dynamo Kyiv away in Europa League qualifying!

Benfica won't be up for a cold Thursday night game in spitting distance of the north sea.  We can take these foreign chancers!

Just think of the talent we'll be able to attract if we can promise European football too..........right, that's enough daydreaming. Back to reality  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 53
February 8, 2023, 9:49am
Guest User
Quoted from jamesgtfc

We got overseas TV money for the Burton game and last night too.

I can't see any evidence to suggest the Progress Fund that Golly says we've got is still being dished out. If it is then great but I'm not so certain that it is.

No we didn't, there was no live feed from BP last night.

Reply: 33 - 53
DaleH
February 8, 2023, 10:00am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Luton Town were permitted to £2,292.48 for coach travel last night, and that is then deducted as one of the expenses before calculating the the net gate receipt profits  

Their hotel accommodation at Forest Pines would not be an allowable expense to them, as they could have travelled on the day, between the permitted travel times, and would could have still arrived 90 minutes before the kick off.

Hey look guys n gals, whilst it is interesting to understand the in's and out's of FA Cup finances, the simple fact remains that we have made a nice tidy sum so far, but more importantly, we have enjoyed a fabulous FA Cup journey. If we go out in the next round, I think we can all agree that The FA Cup has made this a terrific and enjoyable season.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 53
DaleH
February 8, 2023, 10:03am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

Benfica won't be up for a cold Thursday night game in spitting distance of the north sea.  We can take these foreign chancers!

My under 10's only lost 1-0 to Benfica in a fixture at the Keepmoat Stadium in Doncaster a number of years ago.. True story.

The Benfica team included Luís Boa Morte's son, and he was enjoying the tournament, sat amongst our parents in the stand. A very memorable day out for the kids at the Keepmoat Cup.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 53
Brazilnut
February 8, 2023, 11:52am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.27
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +979
Gold Stars: 30
Caught the first 2 minutes of a Jason interview on burnsy show RH ......... 1st question  was something like "what does last night's result mean to a club like Grimsby " .......... answer was means we won't lose as much money this year...

It was like Jason was reigning us in and saying we aren't sitting on a pot of transfer money

<*(((><

Town have given me some of my highest highs and my lowest lows ........ God it is like a marriage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 53
GYinScuntland
February 8, 2023, 12:04pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,253
Gold Stars: 98
Quoted from DaleH
From the first round to the 5th round, including the TV money we are going to receive for the Southampton game, we have earned income of £458,000. This does not include any revenue received from gate receipts both home and away.

In terms of what the gate receipt money looks like, that is essentially an equal share of the total ticket sales for each match, less VAT, less the travelling expenses of the Visiting Club (possibly accommodation depending on travelling distance rules), less the fees and expenses of the Match Officials, and less other match expenses allowed under the competition rules.  Expenses which include costs relating to gate attendants, turnstile operators, stewards, police charges, and floodlighting costs.

So all very positive stuff, aside from the uncertainty relating to the share of ticket sales less VAT and costs. I remember walking to the Luton game at Kenilworth Road and thinking to myself that the huge number of Police in attendance must have cost Luton Town a fortune. It isn't inconceivable that a highly policed fixture like that one might actually end up with zero money being paid to the visitors, because the costs might actually drive the fixture into a near breakeven or loss. I'd love to know. The rules though are very clear, that whilst the gate receipt profits are shared equally, if the fixture ends up as a net loss, then it is the home team that has to carry that loss.

I might be wrong but I'm almost sure the police can only charge for officers actually inside the stadium which is why there has been such a huge increase in private security and stewards over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 53
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 8, 2023, 12:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,300
Gold Stars: 307
There's some really interesting stuff in here. Can Someone confirm this for me...

Travelling expenses for a visiting club come out of gate receipts?

So effectively we've paid for Luton to visit us and they paid for us to visit them?

I assume there's some kind of cap or control so that when Man U visit Dorking they don't cripple the club by having 50 people staying at the Dorking Ritz for a week?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 53
Mikey_345
February 8, 2023, 12:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +5,541
Gold Stars: 107
Quoted from Brazilnut
Caught the first 2 minutes of a Jason interview on burnsy show RH ......... 1st question  was something like "what does last night's result mean to a club like Grimsby " .......... answer was means we won't lose as much money this year...

It was like Jason was reigning us in and saying we aren't sitting on a pot of transfer money

What time was he on?

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 53
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › ££££££

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.