15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
denni266
December 26, 2022, 10:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
We will not get better while Hurst insists that he will not up set the rest of the team bringing better players in , And why  --because they will want to get paid more as they are better players and he does not want to upset his fav buddies. And its about time our not so new owners got there finger out and had words in his ear in stead of leaving it all to him and making him feel comfortable and safe.. I have noticed that a few are coming out and saying things i have said before and got shot down for , and that is the product on sale here is football  not over priced beer  and nice pies etc its football and our product sucks at the moment , i am begining to think the crowds are high simply because they bought season tickets in advance expecting us to kick on, not like last time . The question is would they come and pay in numbers if they had not got season tickets ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 144
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2022, 10:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think we broadly agree. I’m not convinced, however, that the manager is on the right track.

No he isn't.  We owe him a lot and last season will live forever in the memory but he has to be challenged about the quality of his signings and his reluctance to take advantage of the 5 subs rule.

How many players does he get through in a calendar year? In all his years in management he never seems to sign enough players he actually wants. Less is more I would suggest; quality over quantity.  

I hope in the next two windows he takes advantage of our increased purchasing power and gets out of the bargain basement mentality that seems to plague him.
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 144
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 11:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236

No he isn't.  We owe him a lot and last season will live forever in the memory but he has to be challenged about the quality of his signings and his reluctance to take advantage of the 5 subs rule.

How many players does he get through in a calendar year? In all his years in management he never seems to sign enough players he actually wants. Less is more I would suggest; quality over quantity.  

I hope in the next two windows he takes advantage of our increased purchasing power and gets out of the bargain basement mentality that seems to plague him.

Where’s the purchasing power? I’m still waiting for the transparency we were promised. The current chairman provides more questions than answers. I’m not for a minute suggesting I preferred the previous owner but we were promised transparency and we seem to be getting waffle and bulls**t. Both from the board and the manager. I’d really like to know how the increase in off field personnel has affected the playing budget.
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 144
lew chaterleys lover
December 26, 2022, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Where’s the purchasing power? I’m still waiting for the transparency we were promised. The current chairman provides more questions than answers. I’m not for a minute suggesting I preferred the previous owner but we were promised transparency and we seem to be getting waffle and bulls**t. Both from the board and the manager. I’d really like to know how the increase in off field personnel has affected the playing budget.

I meant the increased revenue from gate receipts and the owners' insistence that they will consider any Hurst request re signings.

We don't really know though which I think is what you are getting at. Hurst gives every impression of spending his own money but has he really got the budget?

I don't want to hear any more about values or much more about  generic ambitions as we have all got the message.  We now need to concentrate on team building.

Private Message
Reply: 143 - 144
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236

I meant the increased revenue from gate receipts and the owners' insistence that they will consider any Hurst request re signings.

We don't really know though which I think is what you are getting at. Hurst gives every impression of spending his own money but has he really got the budget?

I don't want to hear any more about values or much more about  generic ambitions as we have all got the message.  We now need to concentrate on team building.

I am getting at it. What is the increased revenue being spent on? Is the budget there for a goal scorer? Do they think they can buy a goal scorer for the same price as, for example, a left back?

You put it much more politely than me. Values are, of course, worthy but only if the results are there too. What are we? Five or six places higher than when Hurst came back?
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 144
15 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.