15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Kris2
December 26, 2022, 5:01pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
I'm fine with us being a mediocre mid-table team as long as we survive this season. My expectations pre-season were that if we could finish in the top 10 that would be amazing but expect mid-table. The problem is we throw away games like this when we are in control because we don't want it enough. Coaches too, why do we even have a bench because they never want to utilise any of it. All fine when we seem to be in control and ahead but when stuff falls apart you wonder why we didn't switch it up and go for killing the game off instead of this slow and steady keeping shape and hoping we can fend them off.

I do wonder what the players do at the training ground besides mess about and go "wheeey" a lot for the cameras because it doesn't look like they are watching games back and learning from their mistakes. They make the same defensive mistakes time and time again letting players walk through them or not picking up loose balls.
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 144
bawarmy
December 26, 2022, 5:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don’t think the board are to blame for today, players and manager need to do better.

Agree but better players would do better
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 144
DB
December 26, 2022, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,048
Gold Stars: 390
Safe journey home to all our fans whos deserved better.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 144
It Bites
December 26, 2022, 5:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.46
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,220
Gold Stars: 266
I ask again ...... Are we a better team than the one ph left the last time we came up ? . I find it all a bit predictable now . The investment in the background is brilliant and desperately needed doing but and it's a huge but , it's wins and performances that put bums on seats . Unless January is a good one I can see us dropping back down to 3.5k season tickets again next season
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 144
ginnywings
December 26, 2022, 5:03pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We're not very good are we? Too sloppy at the business ends of the pitch.

Needs sorting in the window.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 144
Spurn boy
December 26, 2022, 5:04pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Awful performance, we did so well to go 2-1 in front and had the incentive up until half time but gave the ball away far too many times and Mcatee was just a passenger 2nd half. We looked like a team who really didn’t want to be out there today.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 144
chipsandgravy
December 26, 2022, 5:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,632
Gold Stars: 38
I'm his biggest fan but a cba performance from MacAtee today didn't help the cause. A performance that regrettably I'm getting far too accustomed too. Low points too to the Manager for not freshening the team up earlier than he did.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 144
Vance Warner
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,830
Gold Stars: 105
Quoted from Kris2
I'm fine with us being a mediocre mid-table team as long as we survive this season. My expectations pre-season were that if we could finish in the top 10 that would be amazing but expect mid-table. The problem is we throw away games like this when we are in control because we don't want it enough. Coaches too, why do we even have a bench because they never want to utilise any of it. All fine when we seem to be in control and ahead but when stuff falls apart you wonder why we didn't switch it up and go for killing the game off instead of this slow and steady keeping shape and hoping we can fend them off.
I do wonder what the players do at the training ground besides mess about and go "wheeey" a lot for the cameras because it doesn't look like they are watching games back and learning from their mistakes. They make the same defensive mistakes time and time again letting players walk through them or not picking up loose balls.

The suggestion that this group of players don’t want it enough is exactly the sort of nonsense I expect on here after a defeat. A lack of quality in the final 3rd and some individual errors cost us but to suggest we didn’t want it is disrespectful to a solid hard working team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 144
HertsGTFC

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from ginnywings
We're not very good are we? Too sloppy at the business ends of the pitch.

Needs sorting in the window.

We give the ball away like Sunday league players, embarrassing they we can’t do the basics.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 144
MuddyWaters
December 26, 2022, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I don’t think the board are to blame for today, players and manager need to do better.

Words are empty unless you back them up with actions. January should tell us more.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 144
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harrogate (A) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.