4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2022, 11:07am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,963
Gold Stars: 82
Seen on a couple msg boards our fans fighting each other WTF was that all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
Logged Online
Private Message
Grantham_Mariner
November 20, 2022, 11:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,191
Gold Stars: 51
Are you referring to the dirty low life who spat in someones face in the pontoon because he was asked to get off the wall he was standing on blocking many fans views?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
Rick12
November 20, 2022, 11:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Are you referring to the dirty low life who spat in someones face in the pontoon because he was asked to get off the wall he was standing on blocking many fans views?

Sad to read 😕.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
HertsGTFC
November 20, 2022, 11:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Seen on a couple msg boards our fans fighting each other WTF was that all about 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s quite a common occurrence.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2022, 12:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No idea .. just seen a few comments on various forums mentioning it without any detail. If that was the case I hope the lad who spat got his teeth knocked out
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
dapperz fun pub
November 20, 2022, 12:14pm
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s quite a common occurrence.

Seems to be
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
Rodley Mariner
November 20, 2022, 12:20pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 177
Kicked off a bit outside the Pontoon afterwards. Don't know if it was people who'd been spat at going after the bloke who'd done it but was definitely a small group going after someone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
Wiley2405
November 20, 2022, 12:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +663
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Kicked off a bit outside the Pontoon afterwards. Don't know if it was people who'd been spat at going after the bloke who'd done it but was definitely a small group going after someone.

2 lads got a bit of a hiding outside McDonald’s. Young lad with a bust up nose and an older bloke with a cut over his eye. They said that Town fans were trying to get them kicked out during the match so I’m guessing it’s those.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
lew chaterleys lover
November 20, 2022, 12:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
At the Doncaster game there was a bloke who stood up the whole game in the Pontoon blocking people's view. He wasn't in my way but I would have asked him politely to sit down had he been blocking my view.

The bloke yesterday was a different chap, but they are obviously doing it hoping to get a reaction to start kicking off. We all stand up at exciting moments but to do it all game just to make a spectacle of yourself is not on. I wouldn't like to be a steward confronting someone looking for trouble, but they should intervene if someone is standing for the sake of it.  
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
bedders78
November 20, 2022, 4:50pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
He wasn't just standing, he was standing on the wall at the side of the tunnel with about a 10ft drop to that side onto concrete/anyone walking past.  The stewards were weak as urine in not sorting it out and left it to spectators to do their job for them

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
Gaffer58
November 20, 2022, 7:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
Non of Humbersides finest about ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 39
HertsGTFC
November 20, 2022, 7:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Gaffer58
Non of Humbersides finest about ?

They where too busy presenting I reckon

Attachment: 808f973b62ce425f9eb3aee16384bed7_8601.jpeg
Size: 14.93 KB

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 39
aldi_01
November 21, 2022, 6:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Fans of one team fighting each other is nothing new, seen it a fair few times over the years.

In fact, I remember Crawley away with Slade, we were predictably dreadful, I let Slade, and Fenty know what I, and many others thought and given the small crowd, it wasn’t too hard to make it out and someone started on me, moaning saying I wasn’t supporting the club…ironic really as they stood completely silent and passive whilst the club fell apart.

Anyone remember Dagenham away last year with the giant man baby waddling about picking a fight with anyone that didn’t agree with his idea that the ‘little yorkie is excrement’?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 39
GollyGTFC
November 21, 2022, 8:05am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 39
Davec
November 21, 2022, 8:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 39
GollyGTFC
November 21, 2022, 8:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Davec
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds

The spitter was stood on the wall next to seats 99 (row b or c) and was blocking the view of countless people behind. Loads of people were shouting at him to get down and at the stewards to actually do something about him. After a couple of minutes a fan closer to him politely asked him to get down before he fell and hurt himself or somebody else below him and he jumped down and tried to get to the person. A couple of other town fans intervened and held him back. Whilst he was being held back he spat at the person who had politely asked him to get down. He then scarpered into the usual end of match crowd at the front of the pontoon.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 15 - 39
Hagrid
November 21, 2022, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.

wonderful news! hopefully we dont see him at BP for a long long time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 39
jamesgtfc
November 21, 2022, 9:29am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,984
Gold Stars: 190
Great to hear the spitter has been identified and I'm sure CCTV covers that area anyway so hopefully he's not seen at BP any time soon.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 39
DB
November 21, 2022, 12:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,028
Gold Stars: 388
On the other hand, there were 6,021 who behaved themselves. As the saying goes "There's always one".

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 39
lukeo
November 21, 2022, 2:07pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
I don't condone anyone 'fighting' or attacking someone just as much as the spitting. I hope the guy or kid who did the spitting and was clearly being a pain is banned for life from BP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 39
forza ivano
November 21, 2022, 3:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
we had father & son morons in the Osmond. Loads of kids n women around but they were constantly up and down, shouting, swearing and trying to goad the tiny bunch of Stevenage fans.
Made themselves look like prize idiots

ps first time in the Osmond in 30 odd years - enjoyed it , plenty of leg room , different p.o.v. of the game and 3 bars to use in the main stand , and even managed to get served quickly and get a seat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 39
Gaffer58
November 21, 2022, 3:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Forza, what I like about the Osmond/ main stand is the time a forgot my cup to go with my flask, must have been offered at least 6 other cups from fellow flask drinkers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 39
Phil the cod
November 21, 2022, 7:13pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
There is a toxic atmosphere sometimes, people need to to calm down and realise it's only a game of football.
This town is famous for its friendly welcoming natives.
It's like a day out from one flew over the cuckoo's nest at times.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 39
GYinScuntland
November 21, 2022, 9:27pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Was it a Fishy pre arranged off?
I've said before that there should be a Fishy Fight Club.
Mind you, no one would be able to talk about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 39
November 22, 2022, 1:35pm
Guest User
Quoted from forza ivano
we had father & son morons in the Osmond. Loads of kids n women around but they were constantly up and down, shouting, swearing and trying to goad the tiny bunch of Stevenage fans.
Made themselves look like prize idiots

They're a regular occurance. One day it'll bite them on the bottom. They're pretty easy to recognise.

Reply: 24 - 39
TonySmith
November 22, 2022, 7:13pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 11
98% of Town fans are fine, most are great...but the other 2%...Oh my God! And I'm not talking about teenagers either! This "gentleman" being a prime example. I almost used the word "neanderthal" but realize on reflection that that would be an insult to our distant cousins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 39
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 23, 2022, 9:33am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from TonySmith
98% of Town fans are fine, most are great...but the other 2%...Oh my God! And I'm not talking about teenagers either! This "gentleman" being a prime example. I almost used the word "neanderthal" but realize on reflection that that would be an insult to our distant cousins.

Every club has the same issue.

I remember seeing footage of (I think) 2 forest supporters going toe to toe at a game.

All because someone had bought the last sausage roll (or similar!)

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 39
Lost in Lincoln
November 23, 2022, 2:21pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +386
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Every club has the same issue.

I remember seeing footage of (I think) 2 forest supporters going toe to toe at a game.

All because someone had bought the last sausage roll (or similar!)

In fairness, that's a serious situation!

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 27 - 39
thefish
November 23, 2022, 3:38pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

In fairness, that's a serious situation!

Would be even more serious if it was one of our scotch eggs!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 39
GollyGTFC
November 28, 2022, 11:58am

Whiskey Drinker
I’m really disappointed to post this…

The person who was spat on reported the incident via an email to the SLO (Christine Green) on the Saturday night and included a photo and name of the person who spat on/assaulted them.

Christine was great and replied on the Sunday morning and forwarded the email detailing the incident to the stadium safety officer for them to look into.

It’s been over a week and the stadium safety officer has failed to make any contact whatsoever with a person who was assaulted in the stadium that they are in charge of safety at. Despite having their name, email address and mobile phone number.

I just think that’s really, really poor from somebody in that position. You would except at least a quick email/call to say “we’re investigating in the incident and we’ll update you”.

If the individual who spat on another Town fan is at the next home game on December 10th it will be an absolute disgrace.

Humberside Police on the other hand have dealt with the issue superbly.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 39
GollyGTFC
July 7, 2023, 4:30pm

Whiskey Drinker
An update…

The spitter has been found guilty of assault, fined, ordered to pay compensation to his victim and a victims surcharge.

A good outcome.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 30 - 39
HoratiusEberlin
July 7, 2023, 4:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +216
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from aldi_01
Fans of one team fighting each other is nothing new, seen it a fair few times over the years.

In fact, I remember Crawley away with Slade, we were predictably dreadful, I let Slade, and Fenty know what I, and many others thought and given the small crowd, it wasn’t too hard to make it out and someone started on me, moaning saying I wasn’t supporting the club…ironic really as they stood completely silent and passive whilst the club fell apart.

Anyone remember Dagenham away last year with the giant man baby waddling about picking a fight with anyone that didn’t agree with his idea that the ‘little yorkie is excrement’?

I remember (the giant man baby at Dagenham). Made me wonder whether there was a connection between being 24 stone and being irrationally stressed/frustrated/disappointed/angry.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 39
moosey_club
July 7, 2023, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
To save digging up another thread ....and it's similar....

Did anything come of that incident were that fella drove into the leaving crowd in Imperial Ave and then had his car smashed in outside the club shop ?

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 39
Simon
July 7, 2023, 8:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Quoted from GollyGTFC
An update…

The spitter has been found guilty of assault, fined, issued with a football banning order and ordered to pay compensation to his victim.

A good outcome.

Who was it?

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 39
Maringer
July 7, 2023, 9:19pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,560
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from Simon

Who was it?

Some anus or other.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 39
Brummie Codfather
July 7, 2023, 9:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +856
Gold Stars: 21
I’d heard he was unwell & had a turn, may be remembering wrong though
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 39
Mappers
July 7, 2023, 9:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from moosey_club
To save digging up another thread ....and it's similar....

Did anything come of that incident were that fella drove into the leaving crowd in Imperial Ave and then had his car smashed in outside the club shop ?

I think that was more an accident , wasn't it some old bloke who had fell unwell / had dementia or something ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 39
thornemariner
July 7, 2023, 10:02pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +662
Gold Stars: 22
Grimsby fans had a good ruck with each other at Cambridge in 1983. Had we not had a good start to the season we would have been relegated but a draw on the last day saw us safe.

Town were awful away from home and had some right clatterings. I think it was only 0 1 on this day but it was a very poor performance. Some Town fans didn't take kindly to it and made their feelings known much to the annoyance of others.

A good number of fans then knocked lumps out of each other. At the end I heard 'Grimsby took the Grimsby'. I still remember some young Cambridge supporters looking through the fence in amazement. (There had been a scrap between our fans the season before when one had thrown a vodka bottle at the home keeper)

My eighteenth and last away game of that season. Not a bad effort given I was living in Colchester. I couldn't watch them away after that.

I did see our first league away win in a year at Derby the following season. A long wait.

Private Message
Reply: 37 - 39
moosey_club
July 7, 2023, 10:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Mappers

I think that was more an accident , wasn't it some old bloke who had fell unwell / had dementia or something ?

There was that theory just never heard anything afterwards either way

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 39
The Caterham Mariner
July 8, 2023, 10:20am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +91
Gold Stars: 8
In the words of the great Brian Clough
"SCUM WE DON'T WANT YOU!!"
Back in the day ...
UTM2023-- 24.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Our fans fighting each other

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.