Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 20, 2022, 11:07am
Seen on a couple msg boards our fans fighting each other WTF was that all about 🤷🏼‍♂️
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, November 20, 2022, 11:13am; Reply: 1
Are you referring to the dirty low life who spat in someones face in the pontoon because he was asked to get off the wall he was standing on blocking many fans views?
Posted by: Rick12, November 20, 2022, 11:15am; Reply: 2
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
Are you referring to the dirty low life who spat in someones face in the pontoon because he was asked to get off the wall he was standing on blocking many fans views?

Sad to read 😕.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 20, 2022, 11:22am; Reply: 3
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Seen on a couple msg boards our fans fighting each other WTF was that all about 🤷🏼‍♂️

It’s quite a common occurrence.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 20, 2022, 12:11pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

No idea .. just seen a few comments on various forums mentioning it without any detail. If that was the case I hope the lad who spat got his teeth knocked out
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 20, 2022, 12:14pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC

It’s quite a common occurrence.

Seems to be
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 20, 2022, 12:20pm; Reply: 6
Kicked off a bit outside the Pontoon afterwards. Don't know if it was people who'd been spat at going after the bloke who'd done it but was definitely a small group going after someone.
Posted by: Wiley2405, November 20, 2022, 12:44pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Kicked off a bit outside the Pontoon afterwards. Don't know if it was people who'd been spat at going after the bloke who'd done it but was definitely a small group going after someone.

2 lads got a bit of a hiding outside McDonald’s. Young lad with a bust up nose and an older bloke with a cut over his eye. They said that Town fans were trying to get them kicked out during the match so I’m guessing it’s those.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 20, 2022, 12:52pm; Reply: 8
At the Doncaster game there was a bloke who stood up the whole game in the Pontoon blocking people's view. He wasn't in my way but I would have asked him politely to sit down had he been blocking my view.

The bloke yesterday was a different chap, but they are obviously doing it hoping to get a reaction to start kicking off. We all stand up at exciting moments but to do it all game just to make a spectacle of yourself is not on. I wouldn't like to be a steward confronting someone looking for trouble, but they should intervene if someone is standing for the sake of it.  
Posted by: bedders78, November 20, 2022, 4:50pm; Reply: 9
He wasn't just standing, he was standing on the wall at the side of the tunnel with about a 10ft drop to that side onto concrete/anyone walking past.  The stewards were weak as urine in not sorting it out and left it to spectators to do their job for them
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 20, 2022, 7:34pm; Reply: 10
Non of Humbersides finest about ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 20, 2022, 7:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58
Non of Humbersides finest about ?

They where too busy presenting I reckon
Posted by: aldi_01, November 21, 2022, 6:40am; Reply: 12
Fans of one team fighting each other is nothing new, seen it a fair few times over the years.

In fact, I remember Crawley away with Slade, we were predictably dreadful, I let Slade, and Fenty know what I, and many others thought and given the small crowd, it wasn’t too hard to make it out and someone started on me, moaning saying I wasn’t supporting the club…ironic really as they stood completely silent and passive whilst the club fell apart.

Anyone remember Dagenham away last year with the giant man baby waddling about picking a fight with anyone that didn’t agree with his idea that the ‘little yorkie is excrement’?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 21, 2022, 8:05am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.
Posted by: Davec, November 21, 2022, 8:22am; Reply: 14
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 21, 2022, 8:53am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Davec
I wasn't at the game yesterday but have I got it right that somebody for some unknown reason spat at another fan? There must have been some provocation? Which of course still doesn't make it right, also whilst I don't condone violence,  he got what he deserved if he got set up on out McDonalds

The spitter was stood on the wall next to seats 99 (row b or c) and was blocking the view of countless people behind. Loads of people were shouting at him to get down and at the stewards to actually do something about him. After a couple of minutes a fan closer to him politely asked him to get down before he fell and hurt himself or somebody else below him and he jumped down and tried to get to the person. A couple of other town fans intervened and held him back. Whilst he was being held back he spat at the person who had politely asked him to get down. He then scarpered into the usual end of match crowd at the front of the pontoon.
Posted by: Hagrid, November 21, 2022, 9:23am; Reply: 16
Quoted from GollyGTFC

The guy who was spat on was not involved in anything that happened after the match. He was with his son and father at the match and remained calm even after he was the victim of an assault (being spat on).

I have some cracking photos of the spitter (before it appears his face was rearranged outside McDonald’s- I’m loving it) that I would really like to share on here, but I don’t think I should. I also have the spitters name. i have already sent the photo and name I was given by someone who knew him to the club and reported the incident to Humberside Police along with his name and will send them the photo when they get back to me today.

I know a lot of people in the Pontoon were annoyed that the individual wasn’t dealt with at the time, but in defence of the stewards, in this instance only, if they tried to remove him there would have undoubted been a serious scuffle and someone might have been hurt (steward or innocent bystander).

I don’t want to preempt what action the club and police will take but I expect the individual will end up in court and hopefully receive a nice 3-year banning order as the victim has reported it to Humberside Police and would be only too pleased to attend court to give evidence against him and you would hope the club would ban him for life too.

wonderful news! hopefully we dont see him at BP for a long long time
Posted by: jamesgtfc, November 21, 2022, 9:29am; Reply: 17
Great to hear the spitter has been identified and I'm sure CCTV covers that area anyway so hopefully he's not seen at BP any time soon.
Posted by: DB, November 21, 2022, 12:25pm; Reply: 18
On the other hand, there were 6,021 who behaved themselves. As the saying goes "There's always one".
Posted by: lukeo, November 21, 2022, 2:07pm; Reply: 19
I don't condone anyone 'fighting' or attacking someone just as much as the spitting. I hope the guy or kid who did the spitting and was clearly being a pain is banned for life from BP.
Posted by: forza ivano, November 21, 2022, 3:43pm; Reply: 20
we had father & son morons in the Osmond. Loads of kids n women around but they were constantly up and down, shouting, swearing and trying to goad the tiny bunch of Stevenage fans.
Made themselves look like prize idiots

ps first time in the Osmond in 30 odd years - enjoyed it , plenty of leg room , different p.o.v. of the game and 3 bars to use in the main stand , and even managed to get served quickly and get a seat
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 21, 2022, 3:47pm; Reply: 21
Forza, what I like about the Osmond/ main stand is the time a forgot my cup to go with my flask, must have been offered at least 6 other cups from fellow flask drinkers.
Posted by: Phil the cod, November 21, 2022, 7:13pm; Reply: 22
There is a toxic atmosphere sometimes, people need to to calm down and realise it's only a game of football.
This town is famous for its friendly welcoming natives.
It's like a day out from one flew over the cuckoo's nest at times.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 21, 2022, 9:27pm; Reply: 23
Was it a Fishy pre arranged off?
I've said before that there should be a Fishy Fight Club.
Mind you, no one would be able to talk about it.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), November 22, 2022, 1:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from forza ivano
we had father & son morons in the Osmond. Loads of kids n women around but they were constantly up and down, shouting, swearing and trying to goad the tiny bunch of Stevenage fans.
Made themselves look like prize idiots

They're a regular occurance. One day it'll bite them on the bottom. They're pretty easy to recognise.

Posted by: TonySmith, November 22, 2022, 7:13pm; Reply: 25
98% of Town fans are fine, most are great...but the other 2%...Oh my God! And I'm not talking about teenagers either! This "gentleman" being a prime example. I almost used the word "neanderthal" but realize on reflection that that would be an insult to our distant cousins.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, November 23, 2022, 9:33am; Reply: 26
Quoted from TonySmith
98% of Town fans are fine, most are great...but the other 2%...Oh my God! And I'm not talking about teenagers either! This "gentleman" being a prime example. I almost used the word "neanderthal" but realize on reflection that that would be an insult to our distant cousins.

Every club has the same issue.

I remember seeing footage of (I think) 2 forest supporters going toe to toe at a game.

All because someone had bought the last sausage roll (or similar!)
Posted by: Lost in Lincoln, November 23, 2022, 2:21pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Every club has the same issue.

I remember seeing footage of (I think) 2 forest supporters going toe to toe at a game.

All because someone had bought the last sausage roll (or similar!)

In fairness, that's a serious situation!
Posted by: thefish, November 23, 2022, 3:38pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln

In fairness, that's a serious situation!

Would be even more serious if it was one of our scotch eggs!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, November 28, 2022, 11:58am; Reply: 29
I’m really disappointed to post this…

The person who was spat on reported the incident via an email to the SLO (Christine Green) on the Saturday night and included a photo and name of the person who spat on/assaulted them.

Christine was great and replied on the Sunday morning and forwarded the email detailing the incident to the stadium safety officer for them to look into.

It’s been over a week and the stadium safety officer has failed to make any contact whatsoever with a person who was assaulted in the stadium that they are in charge of safety at. Despite having their name, email address and mobile phone number.

I just think that’s really, really poor from somebody in that position. You would except at least a quick email/call to say “we’re investigating in the incident and we’ll update you”.

If the individual who spat on another Town fan is at the next home game on December 10th it will be an absolute disgrace.

Humberside Police on the other hand have dealt with the issue superbly.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 7, 2023, 4:30pm; Reply: 30
An update…

The spitter has been found guilty of assault, fined, ordered to pay compensation to his victim and a victims surcharge.

A good outcome.
Posted by: HoratiusEberlin, July 7, 2023, 4:51pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from aldi_01
Fans of one team fighting each other is nothing new, seen it a fair few times over the years.

In fact, I remember Crawley away with Slade, we were predictably dreadful, I let Slade, and Fenty know what I, and many others thought and given the small crowd, it wasn’t too hard to make it out and someone started on me, moaning saying I wasn’t supporting the club…ironic really as they stood completely silent and passive whilst the club fell apart.

Anyone remember Dagenham away last year with the giant man baby waddling about picking a fight with anyone that didn’t agree with his idea that the ‘little yorkie is excrement’?

I remember (the giant man baby at Dagenham). Made me wonder whether there was a connection between being 24 stone and being irrationally stressed/frustrated/disappointed/angry.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 7, 2023, 8:15pm; Reply: 32
To save digging up another thread ....and it's similar....

Did anything come of that incident were that fella drove into the leaving crowd in Imperial Ave and then had his car smashed in outside the club shop ?
Posted by: Simon, July 7, 2023, 8:49pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from GollyGTFC
An update…

The spitter has been found guilty of assault, fined, issued with a football banning order and ordered to pay compensation to his victim.

A good outcome.

Who was it?

Posted by: Maringer, July 7, 2023, 9:19pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Simon

Who was it?

Some anus or other.
Posted by: Brummie Codfather, July 7, 2023, 9:30pm; Reply: 35
I’d heard he was unwell & had a turn, may be remembering wrong though
Posted by: Mappers, July 7, 2023, 9:30pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club
To save digging up another thread ....and it's similar....

Did anything come of that incident were that fella drove into the leaving crowd in Imperial Ave and then had his car smashed in outside the club shop ?

I think that was more an accident , wasn't it some old bloke who had fell unwell / had dementia or something ?
Posted by: 800 (Guest), July 7, 2023, 10:02pm; Reply: 37
Grimsby fans had a good ruck with each other at Cambridge in 1983. Had we not had a good start to the season we would have been relegated but a draw on the last day saw us safe.

Town were awful away from home and had some right clatterings. I think it was only 0 1 on this day but it was a very poor performance. Some Town fans didn't take kindly to it and made their feelings known much to the annoyance of others.

A good number of fans then knocked lumps out of each other. At the end I heard 'Grimsby took the Grimsby'. I still remember some young Cambridge supporters looking through the fence in amazement. (There had been a scrap between our fans the season before when one had thrown a vodka bottle at the home keeper)

My eighteenth and last away game of that season. Not a bad effort given I was living in Colchester. I couldn't watch them away after that.

I did see our first league away win in a year at Derby the following season. A long wait.

Posted by: moosey_club, July 7, 2023, 10:09pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Mappers

I think that was more an accident , wasn't it some old bloke who had fell unwell / had dementia or something ?

There was that theory just never heard anything afterwards either way
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, July 8, 2023, 10:20am; Reply: 39
In the words of the great Brian Clough
"SCUM WE DON'T WANT YOU!!"
Back in the day ...
UTM2023-- 24.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 8:40am